» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Mexico Apparently Prefers Border Security Too

Written By: Macphisto on 09/26/10 at 10:41 pm

http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=52838

According to the head of customs for Mexico's tax administration, Raúl Díaz, in order to stop boats carrying contraband, the southern Mexican state of Chiapas is building a wall along the border river Suchiate, similar to the one the United States is building along its southern border with Mexico.

"It could also prevent the free passage of illegal immigrants," admitted the Mexican official.

Smugglers use the Suchiate River to move products across an international border without paying duty taxes, but at the same time, thousands of Central and South Americans cross the river in their attempts to reach the United States in search of opportunity -- and without the required documents.

Some 500,000 migrants cross Mexican territory without permission each year, according to Mexico's National Commission on Human Rights (CNDH).

Hmm...  Where is La Raza on this issue?  Or what about the MSM?

Subject: Re: Mexico Apparently Prefers Border Security Too

Written By: Frank on 09/26/10 at 11:51 pm

Yes, we must prevent all those Americans trying to sneak over the border to Mexico.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/10 at 12:02 am

At one point, Texans were sneaking across the Mexican border to get vaccinations.  Vaccinations are free in Mexico. 
::)

Written By: Macphisto on 09/27/10 at 12:44 am

At one point, Texans were sneaking across the Mexican border to get vaccinations.  Vaccinations are free in Mexico. 
::)

Diarrhea is too.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/10 at 12:56 am

Diarrhea is too.

You can't really get vaccinated against that.  Or with that.

If I want down to Chihuahua (the state not the dog) and drank a bellyful of tap water, I'd be sick for a week!  There's no vaccinations for all the little bugs who want a new home in your gastrointestinal tract! 

They also eat fried grasshoppers down there.  They mash 'em all up and fry 'em.  It's sort of like potato chips.
8-P

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/27/10 at 7:56 am

Yes, we must prevent all those Americans trying to sneak over the border to Mexico.  ;)

Well I used to work for this guy who when he was in the Army was stationed near the border and snuck across.  Here's his story:

One night they snuck across the border to this rather nice mansion owned by a Mexican rancher.  This very beautiful woman came to their table.  Then the rancher brought in a donkey.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/10 at 6:59 pm

Well I used to work for this guy who when he was in the Army was stationed near the border and snuck across.  Here's his story:

One night they snuck across the border to this rather nice mansion owned by a Mexican rancher.  This very beautiful woman came to their table.  Then the rancher brought in a donkey.

That's why you sneak across the border in the army -- to get a good piece of ass!
:-\\

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/27/10 at 9:06 pm

I heard that Chiapas is a state that practices voodoo...or so I heard.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/10 at 9:23 pm

I heard that Chiapas is a state that practices voodoo...or so I heard.

You're thinking of Haiti where it is indeed a minority religion.  I've never heard of Voodoo in Mexico.  As far as I know, the vast majority of southern Mexico is Roman Catholic with pockets of indigenous people who have retained some of their traditional rites.  Voodoo descends from West African Vodun and Catholicism.  The Mayans did not practice Voodoo.

Written By: Frank on 09/27/10 at 11:08 pm

You're thinking of Haiti where it is indeed a minority religion.  I've never heard of Voodoo in Mexico.  As far as I know, the vast majority of southern Mexico is Roman Catholic with pockets of indigenous people who have retained some of their traditional rites.  Voodoo descends from West African Vodun and Catholicism.  The Mayans did not practice Voodoo.

There might be pockets here and there that practice voodoo in Mexico, but yeah, in Haiti it is a religion. I knew a friend who was a Christian missionary and lived there for years, and he saw voodoo praticed all over.  Hope there aren't any pins with my name on it  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/10 at 11:24 pm

There might be pockets here and there that practice voodoo in Mexico, but yeah, in Haiti it is a religion. I knew a friend who was a Christian missionary and lived there for years, and he saw voodoo praticed all over.  Hope there aren't any pins with my name on it  ;)

The Voodoo doll ritual of teleporting afflictions via pins in an icon is way out there.  If anyone is practicing that rite either they have a good reason to do it or they've gone mad for the dark side!
8)

I mean, there have been Voodoo rituals practiced in Haitian neighborhoods in Boston.  Those were the neighborhoods where you saw stripped carcasses hanging from hooks in shop windows!  Often the rituals follow Haitian migrants.  They pose no threat to you or your children, they just seem a little weird.  Other times, cults have adopted Voodoo rituals.  Perhaps the enchanted ones followed their Voodoo masters into pockets of southern Mexico where they have lived in five generation of incestuous bloodthirst and morbid perversions of all kinds...I mean, they really should ban it, Henry!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/icon_biggrin.gif

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/28/10 at 6:03 am

There might be pockets here and there that practice voodoo in Mexico, but yeah, in Haiti it is a religion. I knew a friend who was a Christian missionary and lived there for years, and he saw voodoo praticed all over.  Hope there aren't any pins with my name on it  ;)

It is...especially in Chiapas...but they mix Aztec and Mayan religions with theirs.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/28/10 at 1:49 pm

It is...especially in Chiapas...but they mix Aztec and Mayan religions with theirs.

I wouldn't refer to it as Voodoo if it doesn't involve the West African rites.

Check for new replies or respond here...