» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: How likely is it that this Assitant Atty General blogger is gay?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/29/10 at 10:46 am

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/28/michigan.justice.blog/index.html?hpt=C1

Judging from the amount of hate he puts out, I'm assuming he's deep in that closet.

Plus his boss is named Michael Cox... way too obvious

Subject: Re: How likely is it that this Assitant Atty General blogger is gay?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/29/10 at 12:05 pm

"I'm a Christian citizen exercising my First Amendment rights," Shirvell told CNN's Anderson Cooper. "I have no problem with the fact that Chris is a homosexual. I have a problem with the fact that he's advancing a radical homosexual agenda."

Nice Glenn Beck logic there.  Exactly what is the homosexual agenda?

Cooper must have been amused.  He's gay.
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/29/10 at 12:14 pm

Gotta give Anderson MAJOR kudos for not letting up. "Are you a bigot?" Talk about a blunt question. I wish all interviewers would be so right on. I always like Anderson.

Cat

Written By: Macphisto on 09/29/10 at 6:44 pm

I think he's a combination of closeted and insane.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/29/10 at 6:57 pm

What I wonder is exactly what is a "gender neutral" dormitory? ???

From what I can tell, the attorney has his shorts in a bunch because the gay dude is promoting the designation of "gender neutral" dorms for transsexuals (who have not yet undergone the change surgery) at the U of M.

Are there that many transsexuals at the U of M that they need their own dorm? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/29/10 at 9:26 pm

What I wonder is exactly what is a "gender neutral" dormitory? ???

From what I can tell, the attorney has his shorts in a bunch because the gay dude is promoting the designation of "gender neutral" dorms for transsexuals (who have not yet undergone the change surgery) at the U of M.

Are there that many transsexuals at the U of M that they need their own dorm? ???

Here's what the administration should do:

Declare they are building a transgendered only dorm and transgendered students shall be required to reside there.

Threat of a T ghetto will deter future demands for special accommodations...and perhaps a giant civil rights law suit.
:-\\

Several years ago the transgendered students at UMass made demands for their exclusive toilets and showers on campus.  Hazy on logistics on transsexuals versus transvestites and who shall go where and why, not to mention astronomical costs, discouraged further pursuit of special facilities! 
:D

On a related topic --

Central and Northeast, the older dorms at UMass were designed as single sex.  There is only ONE set of toilet/shower facilities on each floor.  When the dorms went coed in the 1970s, the facilities did not go coed (for obvious reasons).  Thus, if you're a guy living on, say, the third floor of Baker Hall, you have to go to the second floor to take a leak because the women's facilities are on the third floor and men's are on the second!  The stairwells aren't heated very well so it's not much fun when you're returning from the showers on a February morning.  Furthermore, your chances of making it to the hopper after you guzzled too much beeeeer are vastly diminished!

Fortunately, I lived in the Sylvan area, which was designed in the 1960s with each dorm divided into suites.  The rooms were about the size of a broom closet, but that's another story!

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/30/10 at 1:01 am

Judging from the amount of hate he puts out, I'm assuming he's deep in that closet.

Plus his boss is named Michael Cox... way too obvious

Are you suggesting that Shrivell's being a dick while Mike Cox's in a hard place?  Or am I just saying they're all so deep in the closet that they can see Narnia?

Written By: danootaandme on 09/30/10 at 2:53 am

Central and Northeast, the older dorms at UMass were designed as single sex.  There is only ONE set of toilet/shower facilities on each floor.  When the dorms went coed in the 1970s, the facilities did not go coed (for obvious reasons).  Thus, if you're a guy living on, say, the third floor of Baker Hall, you have to go to the second floor to take a leak because the women's facilities are on the third floor and men's are on the second!  The stairwells aren't heated very well so it's not much fun when you're returning from the showers on a February morning.  Furthermore, your chances of making it to the hopper after you guzzled too much beeeeer are vastly diminished!

Fortunately, I lived in the Sylvan area, which was designed in the 1960s with each dorm divided into suites.  The rooms were about the size of a broom closet, but that's another story!

I worked on the construction of new dorms and you can't believe what the students get these days.  The ones built last year for Northeastern are typical, each student has his/her own room and shares a bathroom with one other.  I would say that pretty much takes care of the bathroom situation.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/30/10 at 10:46 am

There definitely is "something up" with the Asst Attorney General.  When you start protesting outside somebody's house, it is a bit personal.  Maybe he's gay, or maybe when he was a kid, the weird-looking dude in the park had a special present in his pocket for him.

Anyway...  That said...

The root issue of him objecting to a "gender neutral" housing unit I have to agree with, for a number of reasons:

I gather that the U of M is not overflowing with transexuals, regardless of whether they need a house or not.
The idea of this sort of housing is by its nature segregationist.
The Government (I assume that U of M gets some decent government funds that would go towards new housing projects) should not be in the business of establishing straight/homosexual/transexual/bisexual/trisexual housing.
The various GLBT-type groups would be in an uproar if somebody was trying to get "hetero only" dorms constructed.  And rightfully so.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/30/10 at 2:16 pm

He is one step away, from becoming the next Larry Craig!

Any minute now......

That must have been an extreme uncomfortable interview, that Anderson Copper had to do.

He must have being thinking to himself, "You gotta be kidding me, what planet does Shrivell come from?"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/30/10 at 4:04 pm

Cox Shrivell?
:P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/30/10 at 4:25 pm

I worked on the construction of new dorms and you can't believe what the students get these days.  The ones built last year for Northeastern are typical, each student has his/her own room and shares a bathroom with one other.  I would say that pretty much takes care of the bathroom situation.

Sweet.  I felt lucky I didn't have to walk down a long cold corridor to get to the showers!  I guess students demand more and more...and so do their overbearing parents! 

There are still, I think, two dorms at UMass for women only and one for men only.  Some students don't want to live proximate to the opposite sex.  Maybe they find it uncomfortable or distracting.  Maybe some parents freak out at the idea of their precious daughters living on the same dorm floor with a bunch of horny guys!  A couple of floors in some or other UMass dorms are LGB* floors. 

My friend Ronnie applied late for housing one year and found the only available space he could get was on the LGB floor.  He was straight, but he said it didn't bother him.  He had the same tastes as gay men except he was attracted to women. 

Then his roommate started bringing his boyfriend over and having raunchy sex with the boyfriend while Ronnie was trying to sleep!  AND a couple of big boys on the floor thought Ronnie was sooooo cute....

Ronnie moved into a vacancy in Orchard Hill that Columbus Day weekend!
;D

*Later known as LGBT

Written By: Macphisto on 09/30/10 at 8:19 pm

The root issue of him objecting to a "gender neutral" housing unit I have to agree with, for a number of reasons:

I gather that the U of M is not overflowing with transexuals, regardless of whether they need a house or not.
The idea of this sort of housing is by its nature segregationist.
The Government (I assume that U of M gets some decent government funds that would go towards new housing projects) should not be in the business of establishing straight/homosexual/transexual/bisexual/trisexual housing.
The various GLBT-type groups would be in an uproar if somebody was trying to get "hetero only" dorms constructed.  And rightfully so.

Well, he's certainly not helping his cause with his approach.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/01/10 at 3:10 pm

Cox Shrivell?
:P

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...