» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Sir Michael Caine 'predicted 9/11 in novel'

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/10 at 1:03 pm

ir Michael Caine unwittingly predicted the 9/11 terror attacks in a novel he was writing prior to the events of September 2001, the actor has revealed.

"I had this plot where terrorists fly a plane into a London skyscraper," he can be heard telling Mark Lawson in BBC Radio 4's Front Row on Wednesday.

"Then they did it in real life. I was stunned by that, so I stopped writing."

The 77-year-old was speaking ahead of the publication of his autobiography, The Elephant to Hollywood.

The veteran actor revealed he still hoped to write a novel and hoped to do so prior to his 80th birthday in 2013.

The book, he said, would be "a thriller about terrorism - the sort of thing I read all the time".

"It'll be for guys," continued the two-time Oscar recipient. "It won't be a great literary effort."

Sir Michael was seen earlier this year in futuristic thriller Inception, his fourth film collaboration with the British director Christopher Nolan.

The actor said he would resume writing "when I finish Batman, if I make Batman" - a reference to a proposed follow-up to Nolan's earlier blockbusters Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

The Alfie and Get Carter star - whose new memoir refers to his childhood in the Elephant and Castle area of south London - played Alfred the butler in both movies.

"I'm completely booked up for three years so I'm okay," he told Lawson. "I'll be 80 when it's finished and I might retire."

Sir Michael's interview can be heard on Front Row on BBC Radio 4 on Wednesday at 1915 BST.

The Elephant to Hollywood, published by Hodder & Stoughton, is available from Thursday.

Subject: Re: Sir Michael Caine 'predicted 9/11 in novel'

Written By: Paul on 09/29/10 at 1:51 pm

Wait for it...

...and not a lot of people knew that!  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...