» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: What is it with Conservatives? - Bill Maher

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/09/10 at 8:49 am

http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/2010/10/08/the-weeks-best-late-night-jokes-94.htm

What is it with conservatives? Seriously, I'm not trying to be partisan but it seems like if they're anti-illegal alien, they have illegal aliens working for them. If they're anti-gay, they turn out to be gay. If they're super Christian, they're a witch.

Subject: Re: What is it with Conservatives? - Bill Maher

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/09/10 at 10:29 am

Funny stuff

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/09/10 at 12:34 pm

I LOVE this one:

"Christine O'Donnell  released a commercial in which she says, 'I'm not a witch.' That's pretty good, though not as effective as her opponent's slogan, 'I'm not Christine O'Donnell.'" —Jimmy Fallon

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/09/10 at 12:59 pm

I LOVE this one:

"Christine O'Donnell  released a commercial in which she says, 'I'm not a witch.' That's pretty good, though not as effective as her opponent's slogan, 'I'm not Christine O'Donnell.'" —Jimmy Fallon

Cat

If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood...

And therefore...

A witch! Throw her into the pond!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/09/10 at 2:08 pm

My favorite one......

"There's going to be a big debate next week between the Senate candidates there. This is the first debate for the anti-masturbation witch candidate Christine O'Donnell. She must be very nervous. If there was only some way to release all that tension." —Craig Ferguson

;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/09/10 at 6:54 pm

"There's going to be a big debate next week between the Senate candidates there. This is the first debate for the anti-masturbation witch candidate Christine O'Donnell. She must be very nervous. If there was only some way to release all that tension." —Craig Ferguson ;D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/KarmaAD54/Killer/32621.jpg

Well, now that that's outa the way...

Actually, this is part of what it is with sociocons.  There has to be a redemption story in order to appeal to the sociocon voter.  We can laugh at Krystal Ball for dragging her dildo-nosed date around a Christmas party because hey, it's not a really good party until someone has a dildo on their nose.  Krystal stands by her actions - and so we give her a pass.

Not so in Fundieland.  Amongst sociocons, it's not enough to say "Yeah, we did some dumb stuff in college, but we grew up", it's gotta be complete abnegation of one's previously-normal self.  Hence, Christine didn't just fool around in college, she repented so hard she opposes masturbation.  She's not just someone who thought Jesus was a pretty cool guy and decided to follow His teaching, she was a witch (sorry Catwoman, personally I've got nothing against "pagans", but the word is synonymous with "satanist" in fundie circles, even though the two have nothing to do with each other.).

As for the most militant of male fundies being caught with their pants down in public restrooms, it's the same damn pattern.  While your average heterosexual voter is out there saying "WTF?  Two dudes?  Big deal, legalize it an all, but not my thing.  Two chicks?  Sure, as long as they're hot and I can watch 'em kiss after the vows!  On balance, legalize it..."  But your average "formerly" gay fundie?  Well, he got redeemed so hard he's made it up to pounding on a pulpit every Sunday?  If Catholic, the prototypical self-flagellating bishop?  Those are the ones you gotta watch out for.  Every time someone mentions two dudes going at it (let alone within the holy bounds of matrimony!), they think the idea's just so awesomely hot that anyone else who hears about it will be as tempted as they are.  They're the ones calling for gay marriage, because they think it's so hot there need to be laws against it.

And I call Rule 35 on Christine O'Donnell and Krystal Ball.  If it doesn't exist, someone needs to make it exist.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/09/10 at 8:02 pm

LMAO on that picture... 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/10/10 at 12:54 am

I'm for legalizing it nationally if only because it would show how little difference the new law would make.

Check for new replies or respond here...