» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Will Glenn Beck ever fail?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 10/16/10 at 7:47 pm

I really want Beck to fail, and a renewal of the liberalism of the '30s-70s.
Do you think he and his ideology will fail anytime soon? Can it be pushed back?

Subject: Re: Will Glenn Beck ever fail?

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/16/10 at 8:53 pm

Glenn isn't as successful as he would have you believe.  His rallies are only popular when he joins forces with others.  When he tries to hold one on his own they usually fall flat.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/16/10 at 10:36 pm

Glenn Beck is just a propagandist.  He's a hired gun for international corporate greed. 

The religious fervor he displays is a stalking horse for big business.  You cannot embrace true Christian values and inveigh against "social justice" simultaneously. 

What Beck stands for has already failed.  He is flailing in the quicksand of Reaganomics.  Propaganda pays, so Beck is rich, but the economic system American conservatives have promoted for the past thirty years is a dud for 90% of the population.  More and more of that 90% are realizing it and it is Beck's task to yell "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/16/10 at 10:49 pm

Glenn Beck is Rush Limbaugh on Steroids....

I'm sure someone will find Beck's Achilles Heel....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/17/10 at 1:19 am

I'm sure someone will find Beck's Achilles Heel....

Would you buy a used car from that guy?  No, I don't think so.  There are craploads of listeners who wouldn't vote for him for dogcatcher.  He's fun to watch, but we don't want him representin'!  That's the problem.  He'll never get a political career off the ground.  Or will he?

GLENN BECK for PRESIDENT 2012!!!!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/scared.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/17/10 at 10:31 am

Not anytime, unfortunately.....

Written By: Macphisto on 10/17/10 at 11:43 am

It depends on what you mean by fail.  His logic nearly always fails in terms of policy.

Just because someone is popular among a certain group doesn't mean they are successful with regard to ideology.  It just means Beck is successful at recruiting idiots -- of which we've always had a surplus.

For whatever reason, America has always had a right wing that is considerably more conservative than most of the rest of the First World.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/17/10 at 1:24 pm

I'd like to see Carl Paladino get his own FOX show.  The visuals would beat Beck hands down.

FOX has gone HORSE!
:D

Written By: Ryan112390 on 10/17/10 at 2:53 pm

It depends on what you mean by fail.  His logic nearly always fails in terms of policy.

Just because someone is popular among a certain group doesn't mean they are successful with regard to ideology.  It just means Beck is successful at recruiting idiots -- of which we've always had a surplus.

For whatever reason, America has always had a right wing that is considerably more conservative than most of the rest of the First World.

I mean him and everything he stands for--His ideology--fail.
I want his ideology to fail and fail hard.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/17/10 at 10:51 pm

I mean him and everything he stands for--His ideology--fail.
I want his ideology to fail and fail hard.

Well, it does...  periodically.  Laissez faire economics failed with this most recent mortgage crash.  It failed with the stock market crash.

Then again, other ideologies fail sometimes too.

Social conservatism failed when it came to segregation, and thankfully, we got rid of it.

We'll always have right wing nuts though.  That's just a part of being in a society that is extremely individualistic and with a sizable rural population.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/18/10 at 3:07 pm

He's Rush Limbaugh with hemorrhoids.  That's why he's always antsy and jumping around!
:o

Check for new replies or respond here...