» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Baroness Thatcher admitted to hospital

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/19/10 at 3:02 pm

Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher has been admitted to hospital.

It is understood that the Conservative peer was taken to Cromwell Hospital in west London on Tuesday evening, to be treated for an infection.

A spokesman said her condition was not serious and she was expected to be home in a few days.

Last week, Baroness Thatcher - who was prime minister from 1979 to 1990 - pulled out of a visit to Downing Street to mark her birthday, because of flu.

The BBC understands that she has not completely recovered and the hospital admission is linked to last week's illness.

In 2005, Baroness Thatcher was advised by doctors that she should not make public speeches in the wake of some minor strokes.

But she still attends some public functions, including a recent address by the Pope during his state visit to the UK.

In March 2008, she was taken ill during a dinner in Westminster and spent the night in hospital as a precaution, bit was later given a clean bill of health.

Subject: Re: Baroness Thatcher admitted to hospital

Written By: Paul on 10/19/10 at 3:10 pm

Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher has been admitted to hospital.

I see...she found one that she didn't manage to shut down!

Satire? I slay myself some times...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/10 at 12:11 am

I see...she found one that she didn't manage to shut down!

Or one where Michael Moore wasn't shooting a movie!
:D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/20/10 at 1:18 am

Her son Mark said she was "in good spirits" and her admission was "entirely precautionary". She is expected to return home in a few days.

Check for new replies or respond here...