» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Voting in Beaver County

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/02/10 at 7:03 pm

Well I went to vote this evening.  Rat bastards actually had the audacity to make me show my ID and sign a ledger against which they could compare my signature to my voting registration.  I feel so violated and my civil rights stripped... NOT.

Two Dem goons stood no more than 2 feet from the election hall double doors, pimping their candidates to the end.  "Step aside, boys" I said to them...

Anyway, for US Senator I voted for Pat Toomey (R) against Joe Sestak, whose political leanings make O'bama look like Barry Goldwater.  I also voted for Keith Rothfus (R) against Jason Altmire for the House of Representatives seat.

But just to demonstrate that I am not a thoughtless pr*ck, I did vote for Dan Onorato (D) for Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.  I think he's a better choice for Guv than the Repub candidate.

That said here are my predictions:

-Toomey WINS for US Senator
-Altmire WINS/RETAINS the House seat
-Onorato LOSES for Guv

Subject: Re: Voting in Beaver County

Written By: Frank on 11/02/10 at 7:21 pm

Well I went to vote this evening.  Rat bastards actually had the audacity to make me show my ID and sign a ledger against which they could compare my signature to my voting registration.  I feel so violated and my civil rights stripped... NOT.

Two Dem goons stood no more than 2 feet from the election hall double doors, pimping their candidates to the end.  "Step aside, boys" I said to them...

Anyway, for US Senator I voted for Pat Toomey (R) against Joe Sestak, whose political leanings make O'bama look like Barry Goldwater.  I also voted for Keith Rothfus (R) against Jason Altmire for the House of Representatives seat.

But just to demonstrate that I am not a thoughtless pr*ck, I did vote for Dan Onorato (D) for Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.  I think he's a better choice for Guv than the Repub candidate.

-Onorato LOSES for Guv

I've actually been to Beaver County before, a few years back.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/02/10 at 7:23 pm

I've actually been to Beaver County before, a few years back.

How'd you like it? ???  :)

Written By: Frank on 11/02/10 at 7:49 pm

How'd you like it? ???   :)

It was nice. We had friends who lived there. One of them went to school at Beaver Falls school....something or other. Can't recall the name. It's right by a small bridge, near a little river. Does that help?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/02/10 at 8:04 pm

It was nice. We had friends who lived there. One of them went to school at Beaver Falls school....something or other. Can't recall the name. It's right by a small bridge, near a little river. Does that help?

Well Beaver Falls has Geneva College as well as Beaver Falls High School.  "Joe Willy" Namath is a BFHS grad.    8)

New Brighton is right across the river.  The Beaver River, of course.  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/02/10 at 8:26 pm

-Onorato LOSES for Guv

Hmmm... I might have missed on one.  Right now Sestak has a fairly commanding lead in the early results. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/02/10 at 10:40 pm

I'm sorry to hear they let political operatives hang around the polling stations in your county.  They don't ask for ID or proof of registration in Amherst and they don't let politico-pimps on the property of the polling stations.  On the other hand, Amherst is about 90% Democratic, 8% Green and Red, and 2% Republican at best!

Patrick got back in no problem.  Tim Cahill (I) took about 10% of the vote, mostly from Charlie Baker (R).  I don't like Deval, but I'd rather see Patrick on Beacon Hill than Baker.  My gal Jill Stein (Green) barely registered a blip.  The national news networks didn't even mention her.  Heck, the Boston news stations didn't either!  I guess about 90% of her votes were cast in Commie Central East (Cambridge/Newton) or Commie Central West (Amherst/Northampton) and even there our protest votes didn't amount to a hill of beans.  
;D

No laughing matter --

Rand Paul won the senate seat in Kentucky.  

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vampanim.gif

There's an old canard "Kentucky" derives from Indian words meaning "dark bloody ground."  Tonight it's revealing its provenance in an Iroquois phrase meaning, "Please help me pull my head out of my ass!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/sabber3.gif

Written By: Frank on 11/02/10 at 11:04 pm

Well Beaver Falls has Geneva College as well as Beaver Falls High School.  "Joe Willy" Namath is a BFHS grad.    8)

New Brighton is right across the river.  The Beaver River, of course.   ;)

It was Geneva College, that's right. I went there to visit, but don't remember anything significant about it. We stayed at the local Holiday Inn. Also at another motel for one night not far from the Holiday Inn.
The friends of ours have a house there, maybe a 10 minute walk from Geneva College. It's a nice area. Not that far from Pittsburgh, if I recall.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/03/10 at 5:40 am

It was Geneva College, that's right. I went there to visit, but don't remember anything significant about it. We stayed at the local Holiday Inn. Also at another motel for one night not far from the Holiday Inn.
The friends of ours have a house there, maybe a 10 minute walk from Geneva College. It's a nice area. Not that far from Pittsburgh, if I recall.

Ah yes, the Holiday Inn HolidomeĀ®.  Nice place.  I have partied there on more than one occasion.  8)

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/03/10 at 6:00 am

Beaver County?

Do they have anything dedicated to "Mr. Belvedere" there?

0IUSSrldd0U

If they EVER made a movie about "Mr. Belvedere"...they should get John Cleese to play Lyndon Belvedere.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/03/10 at 6:03 am

Beaver County?

Do they have anything dedicated to "Mr. Belvedere" there?

Sadly, no.  Belvidere put Beaver Falls on the map.  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/11/11 at 10:57 am

Hey Lyricboy are you getting ready to get your hopes up on Bob Casey being sent packing?  Also, do you think Corbett is going to be able to make good on the not raising taxes or state fees?  Considering the state budget deficiate he may have too.  Also did you get drunk on Rendell's last day? :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/12/11 at 8:18 pm

Hey Lyricboy are you getting ready to get your hopes up on Bob Casey being sent packing?  Also, do you think Corbett is going to be able to make good on the not raising taxes or state fees?  Considering the state budget deficiate he may have too.  Also did you get drunk on Rendell's last day? :D

Problem with Casey is that the name Casey is a tradicitonal PA political family.  Not quite a dynasty but the name does haul in the votes.

My problem with Casey is he comes off like such a wimp.

Get drunk on Fast Eddie's last day?  No way...that would mean spending money in a dreaded State Store and giving the govt more of my hard earned cheddah.

As to Corbett being able to hold the line on taxes... it is certainly possible.  The other day I was reviewing the ledger of PA "Economic Development Grants" and it was chock full with stupid 'projects' like fireworks displays and flower beds.  Hey... if your local police department wants a flower bed out front, then your local municipality can pay for it.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/12/11 at 8:23 pm

Get drunk on Fast Eddie's last day?  No way...that would mean spending money in a dreaded State Store and giving the govt more of my hard earned cheddah.

Last time I bought booze in a PA grog shop the prices were quite reasonable, comparable tour own in VT.  You want private sector booze go to NY and you'll pay through the nose

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/13/11 at 8:44 pm

Last time I bought booze in a PA grog shop the prices were quite reasonable, comparable tour own in VT.  You want private sector booze go to NY and you'll pay through the nose

Same for a gallon of gas in NY.  You can't even afford the bottle of hooch to take your mind off the price of fuel!
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/14/11 at 2:27 pm

Problem with Casey is that the name Casey is a tradicitonal PA political family.  Not quite a dynasty but the name does haul in the votes.

My problem with Casey is he comes off like such a wimp.

As to Corbett being able to hold the line on taxes... it is certainly possible.  The other day I was reviewing the ledger of PA "Economic Development Grants" and it was chock full with stupid 'projects' like fireworks displays and flower beds.  Hey... if your local police department wants a flower bed out front, then your local municipality can pay for it.

Casey never wanted to be Senator.  He wanted to be Gov just like his Dad.  Rendell didn't want any real challenger for the 2006 elections.  Yes, Bobby is a wimp.  He should have stayed at the law firm.

Just think though in two years you can get all your alcohol needs met at your nearest Wal-Mart. ;D

Ed would comission a statue be made of himself and put it on the taxpayers.  Have to wonder though where Corbett is going to make the cuts.  If he's going to try for a balance budget it means serious cuts like we've never seen.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/11 at 10:02 am

Casey never wanted to be Senator.  He wanted to be Gov just like his Dad. 

I do have to give Casey's dad the former Guv his props.  The Democratic National Committee refused to let him speak at the national convention (I forget which one, might have been in 1996 or 2000) because he was not a pro-abortion politician.  I think what really chapped the DNC's ass is that Guv Casey was an extremely popular Democratic governor who was vocally anti-abortion.  His political success flew in the face of the views that the Democratic politburo put out there and so he had to be silenced.

And young son Bob... I also give him props for refusing to tow the party line on that subject either.  That said, he won his Senate seat on (1) the family name, which has value in PA, and (2) rising sentiment at the time against Rick Santorum who was the incumbent that he beat out.  But in that election, a half-eaten taco would have beat out Santorum.

Check for new replies or respond here...