» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Not a Bad Night, Not Bad at All...

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/03/10 at 5:51 am

Well I am reading the preliminary election results.  Quite an outcome.

House: Repubs so far have taken 60 Dem seats and another 4 look likely. Repubs now have a massive majority there.
Senate: Repubs so far have picked up 6 seats including O'bama's old one. Looks like Alaska will either go to a Repub or a Tea Partier.
Governors: So far ten states switched to Repub Guvs
Iowa: Iowans voted to remove 3 of their Supreme Court judges, the first such action in 48 years.

The voters clearly are PO'd and the results bore this out...

But the Dems had some bright spots.  In California, where the entire candidate list was abysmal, Dems defeated Christine Whitman and Carly Fiorina, two candidates that I am ashamed to say represent themselves as Republicans.  (Not that Jerry Brown and Barbara Boxer are any rose garden either...)

Congrats to the Repubs and Tea Partiers.  Say hello to Speaker Boener in January!  :)

Subject: Re: Not a Bad Night, Not Bad at All...

Written By: snozberries on 11/03/10 at 10:24 am

Well I am reading the preliminary election results.  Quite an outcome.

House: Repubs so far have taken 60 Dem seats and another 4 look likely. Repubs now have a massive majority there.
Senate: Repubs so far have picked up 6 seats including O'bama's old one. Looks like Alaska will either go to a Repub or a Tea Partier.
Governors: So far ten states switched to Repub Guvs
Iowa: Iowans voted to remove 3 of their Supreme Court judges, the first such action in 48 years.

The voters clearly are PO'd and the results bore this out...

But the Dems had some bright spots.  In California, where the entire candidate list was abysmal, Dems defeated Christine Whitman and Carly Fiorina, two candidates that I am ashamed to say represent themselves as Republicans.  (Not that Jerry Brown and Barbara Boxer are any rose garden either...)

Congrats to the Repubs and Tea Partiers.  Say hello to Speaker Boener in January!  :)

Meg whitman not Christine...  I think you've combined Meg Whitman and Christine O'Donnell..

Written By: nally on 11/03/10 at 11:27 am

Meg whitman not Christine...   I think you've combined Meg Whitman and Christine O'Donnell..

;) ;D

Both seem kinda loopy in one way or another IMO.

And now it looks like the Dems have retained control of the Senate...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/10 at 12:05 pm

Teabaggers and Boehners.  I hope you brought enough KY jelly for everybody! 

KY stands for Kentucky, 'cos it's Finger lickin' good!

http://reason.com/assets/mc/mwelch/2010_05/RandPaul.jpg

:-*

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/03/10 at 12:57 pm

Russ Feingold, the only Senator to vote against the "Patriot" Act who also helped pass the Feingold-McCain campaign finance reform act lost to a highschool dropout with a rich wife.  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Barney Frank got re-elected despite the Republicans claiming he didn't stand a chance.

Meg Whitman wasn't able to buy her way into office no matter how much she spent.

Bad?  well, we're going to have two years of deadlock with the House and the Senate unable to pass even the simplest of bills.  Some people think that's good, but considering how fragile the recovery is, I doubt that's a good thing.  If people think the recession is bad now, I'm willing to bet they're going to think it's positively rosy compared to where the country will be with a year of the current political mix.

Written By: nally on 11/03/10 at 1:08 pm

Meg Whitman wasn't able to buy her way into office no matter how much she spent.

Of course not. Neither was Carly. ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/10 at 1:37 pm

Russ Feingold, the only Senator to vote against the "Patriot" Act who also helped pass the Feingold-McCain campaign finance reform act lost to a highschool dropout with a rich wife.  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Backstabbing cheeseheads.

Barney Frank got re-elected despite the Republicans claiming he didn't stand a chance.

Every fisherman in New Bedford knows, Barney's your man, he's right behind you all the way!

She could have better spend that 140 million on a brain transplant.  Whitman's cerebral cortex would on sell on eBay, bids start at $5.00.  Welcome home Jerry!

Bad?  well, we're going to have two years of deadlock with the House and the Senate unable to pass even the simplest of bills.  Some people think that's good, but considering how fragile the recovery is, I doubt that's a good thing.  If people think the recession is bad now, I'm willing to bet they're going to think it's positively rosy compared to where the country will be with a year of the current political mix.

Ya, you that a-right!

--Mr. Murrah

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/03/10 at 1:44 pm

She could have better spend that 140 million on a brain transplant.  Whitman's cerebral cortex would on sell on eBay, bids start at $5.00.  Welcome home Jerry!

I guess on the positive sign, that Dead Kennedy's song is going to be a lot more relevant now...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/10 at 1:51 pm

I guess on the positive sign, that Dead Kennedy's song is going to be a lot more relevant now...

Don't provoke Foo Bar!
;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/03/10 at 4:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIqESwzCGg4&feature=related

Written By: Macphisto on 11/03/10 at 7:39 pm

It's just a repeat of 1994, that's all.  Political majorities come and go.  We make the same mistakes, rarely learn from them, and continue to let the system decay.

I'll bet money that 2006 will repeat itself probably around 2018, and then 1994 will happen again in like 2022.

The names change, but the problems stay the same.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/03/10 at 8:05 pm

Every fisherman in New Bedford knows, Barney's your man, he's right behind you all the way!

Yep. Ol' Barney has got the back of ALL taxpayers.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/10 at 8:15 pm

It's just a repeat of 1994, that's all.  Political majorities come and go.  We make the same mistakes, rarely learn from them, and continue to let the system decay.

I'll bet money that 2006 will repeat itself probably around 2018, and then 1994 will happen again in like 2022.

The names change, but the problems stay the same.

Gingrich II: Unleash the Boehner

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smhair1.gif

Written By: Macphisto on 11/03/10 at 8:23 pm

Russ Feingold, the only Senator to vote against the "Patriot" Act who also helped pass the Feingold-McCain campaign finance reform act lost to a highschool dropout with a rich wife.  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

I get the distinct impression that the only decent town in Wisconsin is Madison.

Usually, the exceptionally corrupt tend to stay in office.  At least Dodd had the decency to retire.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/10 at 8:36 pm

I get the distinct impression that the only decent town in Wisconsin is Madison.

Also the most liberal.  Hmmm....

Usually, the exceptionally corrupt tend to stay in office.  At least Dodd had the decency to retire.

Frank is a consummate politician, but I don't think he's exceptionally corrupt.  He's just corrupt enough to keep his constituents voting for him.

::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/04/10 at 10:39 pm

But the Dems had some bright spots.  In California, where the entire candidate list was abysmal, Dems defeated Christine Whitman

Meg whitman not Christine...   I think you've combined Meg Whitman and Christine O'Donnell..

Yeah, LyricBoy.  I mean, here I am gettin' all, umm, provoked on account of the whole Sarah Palin and Chrstine O'Donnell thing.  (Christine lost, so it's safe to masturbate again!), and then you have to go bringing Meg into it.  

I'm all for rule 34, but umm, Meg Whitman and Christine O'Donnell...  That may not be a bad night for you (not judgin', just sayin'), but that's just a little too weird, even for me.  At least, until 2012.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/05/10 at 6:06 am

Yeah, LyricBoy.  I mean, here I am gettin' all, umm, provoked on account of the whole Sarah Palin and Chrstine O'Donnell thing.  (Christine lost, so it's safe to masturbate again!), and then you have to go bringing Meg into it.  

I'm all for rule 34, but umm, Meg Whitman and Christine O'Donnell...  That may not be a bad night for you (not judgin', just sayin'), but that's just a little too weird, even for me.  At least, until 2012.

Well I freely admit that I would party with Ms. O'donnell...  :P

However Meg and Carly are DEFINITELY on my "no party list"...  8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/10 at 8:46 pm

I do not believe O'Donnell is a virgin.  I suspect regrets her sexual initiation so much she's willing to lie about it and go all Church Lady.  O'Donnell is about my age.  Like most of the future right-wing women in my generation, she probably lost her virginity in the back of a rusty Pontiac with Bon Jovi blasting on a cheap stereo.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/headbang.gif

Written By: Macphisto on 11/06/10 at 1:05 pm

I do not believe O'Donnell is a virgin.  I suspect regrets her sexual initiation so much she's willing to lie about it and go all Church Lady.  O'Donnell is about my age.  Like most of the future right-wing women in my generation, she probably lost her virginity in the back of a rusty Pontiac with Bon Jovi blasting on a cheap stereo.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/headbang.gif

I think the only reason people like her claim virginity is just because they know no one is truly going to call them on it.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/06/10 at 3:35 pm

I do not believe O'Donnell is a virgin. 

Once again, Max, you and I find common political ground.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/jestera.gif

Written By: tv on 11/06/10 at 4:47 pm

Meg whitman not Christine...   I think you've combined Meg Whitman and Christine O'Donnell..
No Megs's moms name was "Christie Whitman" who was the Governor of NJ from 1994-2001.

Written By: tv on 11/06/10 at 4:56 pm

Russ Feingold, the only Senator to vote against the "Patriot" Act who also helped pass the Feingold-McCain campaign finance reform act lost to a highschool dropout with a rich wife.  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.Barney Frank got re-elected despite the Republicans claiming he didn't stand a chance.

Bad?  well, we're going to have two years of deadlock with the House and the Senate unable to pass even the simplest of bills.  Some people think that's good, but considering how fragile the recovery is, I doubt that's a good thing.  If people think the recession is bad now, I'm willing to bet they're going to think it's positively rosy compared to where the country will be with a year of the current political mix.
I like Russ he's a good guy although I  may not agree with him on things.

No Ron Johnson is not just a highschool dropout he has own plastics business I think.

I knew Frank was gonna win due to the polliing that I saw.

It doesn't matter how much money you spend it doesn't mean your gonna automatically win in Meg Whitman's case. I should add Jerry Brown owes some of his victory to Gloria Allred.

Written By: tv on 11/06/10 at 5:02 pm

Gingrich II: Unleash the Boehner

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smhair1.gif
No those are different people. John Boehner doesn't want to change the whole government like Newt did.

Check for new replies or respond here...