» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: If you are Republican then you like to watch.....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/10/10 at 9:43 pm

The following shows....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/right-wing-tv-43558

Seriously....

::)

Subject: Re: If you are Republican then you like to watch.....

Written By: Macphisto on 11/11/10 at 1:40 am

I think all this proves is that conservatives tend to watch more TV than liberals.

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/11/10 at 6:57 am

Liberals pwn Hollywood
Conservatives pwn New York
Both Parties pwn D.C.

I don't watch ANY of those shows! Give me a Sitcom from the 50's to the 90's anyday!

Written By: Dagwood on 11/11/10 at 7:55 am

I think all it shows is someone trying to pigeonhole people into a stereotype.  Political leanings don't effect what you watch on tv.  Kind of a silly article if you ask me.

And, seriously, number one on both lists are political talk shows?  I don't know that many people that actually watch them.  I think it is something completely made up.  Speaking from a Republican/right wing view point...I refuse to watch Glenn Beck.  He is a fear monger, and I know there are those like him on both sides.  Call my Pollyanna but I refuse to believe the hype that Democrats/liberals hate the USA and that Republicans/conservatives want to send us back to the 1950's.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/11/10 at 11:44 am

I think all it shows is someone trying to pigeonhole people into a stereotype.  Political leanings don't effect what you watch on tv.  Kind of a silly article if you ask me.

And, seriously, number one on both lists are political talk shows?  I don't know that many people that actually watch them.  I think it is something completely made up.  Speaking from a Republican/right wing view point...I refuse to watch Glenn Beck.  He is a fear monger, and I know there are those like him on both sides.  Call my Pollyanna but I refuse to believe the hype that Democrats/liberals hate the USA and that Republicans/conservatives want to send us back to the 1950's.

You are right on both counts.  liberals don't hate America, and repubs want to send us back to the 1890's, you know, robber barons, no labor laws, no pollution controls, no social safety net etc.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/11/10 at 12:29 pm

I agree, the only pigeon holing that should be done, is by pigeons.

::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/11/10 at 4:44 pm

I think all it shows is someone trying to pigeonhole people into a stereotype.  Political leanings don't effect what you watch on tv.  Kind of a silly article if you ask me.

And, seriously, number one on both lists are political talk shows?  I don't know that many people that actually watch them.  I think it is something completely made up.  Speaking from a Republican/right wing view point...I refuse to watch Glenn Beck.  He is a fear monger, and I know there are those like him on both sides.  Call my Pollyanna but I refuse to believe the hype that Democrats/liberals hate the USA and that Republicans/conservatives want to send us back to the 1950's.

I won't even watch nor listen to Glenn Beck...he's Rush Limbaugh on Steroids!

Just give me Rush Limbaugh any day!

You are right on both counts.  liberals don't hate America, and repubs want to send us back to the 1890's, you know, robber barons, no labor laws, no pollution controls, no social safety net etc.

There are things you SHOULD be Liberal about and other things you SHOULD be Conservative about!

The Democrats want us to hug trees and kiss grass and not touch anything nor do anything like eat Fast Food or say 'no' when you know it's wrong!

The Republicans want us to spend, spend, spend until our credit goes through the roof and there SHOULD be balance, besides TV sucked after 9/11 anyhow...it sold-out to Reality Shows!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/10 at 10:40 pm

I won't even watch nor listen to Glenn Beck...he's Rush Limbaugh on Steroids!

Michael Savage is Rush Limbaugh with hemorrhoids!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/glasses1.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...