» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Artillery fire on Korean border

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/10 at 2:35 am

North Korea has fired artillery shells across its western maritime border, prompting return fire from South Korea, officials say.

Dozens of the shells landed on a South Korean island, from which plumes of smoke are rising. At least four soldiers are said to have been hurt.

South Korea has issued its highest non-wartime alert in response.

Correspondents say this is one of the most serious incidents between the two since the Korean War in the 1950s.

Top leaders are meeting in an underground bunker in Seoul over the incident, Reuters news agency reported.

The incident comes days after North Korea revealed it had a modern uranium enrichment plant - potentially giving it a second route to a nuclear weapon.

Earlier, the US ruled out more denuclearisation talks while Pyongyang continued to work on the facility.

Subject: Re: Artillery fire on Korean border

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/23/10 at 6:48 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0

Written By: Red Ant on 11/23/10 at 9:23 am

"Bomb Control to Major Kong"

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/23/10 at 10:53 am

The human tragedy of North Korea makes me too sad to even want to joke about it.  NK is an abject lesson in what happens when good citizens fail to stand up to evil rulers.  Eventually, the citizenry gets too weakened and demoralized to do anything about them.
:\'(

Written By: gibbo on 11/23/10 at 8:25 pm

"Bomb Control to Major Kong"

Ant

That got me humming along!  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/24/10 at 12:23 am

http://moffling.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/kim-jong-il-pokemon-master.jpg

Dammit, Kim, how many times do we have to tell you?  If you and your kid can't play nice with your toys, we're not going to give you as many as you wanted for Chistmas.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/24/10 at 12:58 am

Dammit, Kim, how many times do we have to tell you?  If you and your kid can't play nice with your toys, we're not going to give you as many as you wanted for Chistmas.

If the Chinese decide they don't like Kim anymore, he's finished.  He's parking his car up knuckle alley, and it's a one way street!"*

*Something my brother and I used to say.  Sounds tough.  Makes no sense whatsoever.  Just like Kim Jong Il!

:D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/24/10 at 10:16 am

This can't be good....

Written By: Frank on 11/24/10 at 11:17 am

North Korea is quite unpredictable. Let's see what they do next.

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/25/10 at 8:36 am

Kim Jong-Il is Ronery...
xh_9QhRzJEs

Written By: Mushroom on 11/25/10 at 9:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0

Awesome!  If you could not tell, this is one of my favorite movie moments of all time.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/27/10 at 12:26 am

Kim Jong-Il is Ronery...

Swear to god, in the 0.000001% chance that they acidentally reboot this war, I'm going to hell for yelling "FARK U!  WAT U FINK OF DAT HANS BRIX!" when the first nuke goes off. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/27/10 at 12:40 am

Swear to god, in the 0.000001% chance that they acidentally reboot this war, I'm going to hell for yelling "FARK U!  WAT U FINK OF DAT HANS BRIX!" when the first nuke goes off. :)

I say we start bombing the place...with cans of Starkist tuna and Jolly Green Giant corn.  Stamp an Uncle Sam on every tin and North Koreans will love us forever!
:)

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/27/10 at 1:09 am

I say we start bombing the place...with cans of Starkist tuna and Jolly Green Giant corn.  Stamp an Uncle Sam on every tin and North Koreans will love us forever! :)

Hey, it worked in 1948!

Of course, the Germans in 1948 had only gone through 5 years of Nazism and 3-years of postwar reconstruction. 

The North Koreans have undergone 50+ years of psychotic dictatorship.  If the Chinese would ever let us (or as long as I'm dreaming in technicolor, join us and make it a joint operation), it would be a fascinating experiment.  (When the NorK regime fails, it's going to be a fascinating experiment either way...)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/27/10 at 1:28 am

If the Chinese would ever let us (or as long as I'm dreaming in technicolor, join us and make it a joint operation), it would be a fascinating experiment.  (When the NorK regime fails, it's going to be a fascinating experiment either way...)

Make it a joint operation?  Sure, we'll start dropping joints too.  Just make sure you drop enough can openers, 'coz that tuna and corn is gonna go awful fast!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/bandit.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...