» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Tom DeLay is found guilty of money laundering

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/24/10 at 11:00 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2013517578_delay25.html

He called the prosecution a political vendetta by Democrats in the Austin district attorney's office and revenge for his role in orchestrating a 2003 redrawing of House districts to elect more Republicans.

still falling back on that excuse I see... I'm guessing the jury didn't buy that

plenty more criminals on both sides of the aisle to go.. surprised this one made it as far as it did.

Subject: Re: Tom DeLay is found guilty of money laundering

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/24/10 at 11:03 pm

He called the prosecution a political vendetta by Democrats in the Austin district attorney's office and revenge for his role in orchestrating a 2003 redrawing of House districts to elect more Republicans.

O, DeLay.  (What a loser.  Doesn't he know that gerrymandering is where it's at?)  

I can't wait to hear what Beck has to say about this...

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/25/10 at 3:47 am

When he lands in the slammer, he will be De Lay of da cell block.  :o

Written By: danootaandme on 11/25/10 at 7:57 am

They should send him to work in a factory in the Marianas. 

www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5492833

One of the most interesting connections between DeLay and Abramoff involves a South Pacific island paradise, sweatshops, and Chinese garment manufacturers. The island paradise is the Northern Marianas, a string of islands in the Pacific captured by the U.S. in deadly fighting with the Japanese during World War II.

....Ms. DOROMOL: The barbed wire around the factories face inward so that the mostly women couldn't get out. They had quotas that were impossible for these people to reach and if they didn't reach them, they'd have to stay until they finished the quota and they wouldn't be paid for that work. They were hot, the barracks were horrible. A lot of the females were told you work during the day in the garment factory and then at night you can go and work in a club and they'd force them into prostitution at night.

YDSTIE: And they also experienced things like coerced abortion?

Ms. DOROMOL: Yes, if some female got pregnant, they either had to go back to China to give birth or have a forced abortion.

....YDSTIE: Garment manufacturers were attracted to the Marianas, which had become a U.S. commonwealth in 1976, because clothes made there could be labeled made in the U.S.A. and didn't face import quotas or duties. But despite flying the U.S. flag, the islands were exempt from many U.S. labor and immigration standards.

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/25/10 at 8:39 am

Well, at least it's NOT a Clevelander Politician, like always!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/25/10 at 10:16 am

Don't drop the soap!

;D

Written By: tv on 11/26/10 at 6:03 pm

He did arm twisting for votes before Pelosi made it cool!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/26/10 at 10:35 pm

As the folks back home say, "What do you expect from a pig but a grunt?"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_porc.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_porc.gif

Those of you making the cell block jokes should bear in mind, DeLay won't go to MSNBC "Lockup" prison (poor people prison), he'll go to Club Fed, the ones with rules such as, "If a golf ball rolls over that white line, you can't go get it.  Ask the guard in the cart to go get it for you."
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sad11.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/26/10 at 11:33 pm

Those of you making the cell block jokes should bear in mind, DeLay won't go to MSNBC "Lockup" prison (poor people prison), he'll go to Club Fed, the ones with rules such as, "If a golf ball rolls over that white line, you can't go get it.  Ask the guard in the cart to go get it for you."

Those of you making Club Fed jokes should bear in mind, DeLay won't go to a Club Fed prison.  He'll get parole.  Some animals are more equal than others. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/27/10 at 12:14 am

Those of you making Club Fed jokes should bear in mind, DeLay won't go to a Club Fed prison.  He'll get parole.  Some animals are more equal than others. 

*sigh*

Hey, I screwed around. Guys screw around, there's nothin' wrong with that, except you got caught, Sport.

Mr. Clark (the jock's dad)
"The Breakfast Club"

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000396867/polls_tom_delay_mug_shot_400x400.0.0.0x0.400x400_2126_248039_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

DeLay, known as "The Hammer" for his no-holds-barred style during 20 years in the House, sat stone-faced as the verdict was read. He rose, turned, smiled and hugged his wife and his weeping daughter.

Oh c'mon, Tom, smile that Buddha smile!

"This is an abuse of power," said DeLay, 63. "It's a miscarriage of justice. I still maintain my innocence. The criminalization of politics undermines our very system."

Judge should have given him 25 years in solitary.  That's about how long it would take Tom to figure out what "abuse of power" means!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vtffani.gif

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/27/10 at 12:45 am

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

(Bloody peasant!)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/27/10 at 1:05 am

"This is an abuse of power" said DeLay, 63. "It's a miscarriage of justice. I still maintain my innocence. The criminalization of politics undermines our very system."

Another movie quote comes to mind:

"When they arrested Hadley for murder, he was taken away crying like a little girl!"

-- Red

"Shawshank Redemption"

Check for new replies or respond here...