» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Gripe about Meghan McCain, perpetual MSNBC guest

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/10 at 10:55 pm

"Dirty Sexy Politics."  That's her book.  The title goes to her being a young chick ogling middle-aged men would like to get dirty and sexy with!  All she had to do be a young sexpot and follow her rich daddy around on his presidential campaign.  Other dumb rich kids go to PHISH concerts, but their dads aren't running for prez. 

Lawrence O'Donnell invites her on his show, I don't know why?  Would he invite Bristol Palin? Probably not.  Ms. McCain has been marketed as reasonable and intelligent.  She's not.  Okay, she's prolly not as dumb as Bristol, but she's no Rhodes Scholar.  Rachel Maddow was and ought to know better.

She said on Larry O's show, in Valley Girl inflection, "Arizonans have this reputation for being racist rednecks, and we're so not!  We just worry about what terrible things could happen if a terrorist was smart enough to cross the border with a dirty bomb!"

Meghan, Meghan, Meghan, if they put your brain in a bird, the bird would fly backwards. 

She's just another dumb blonde with a great agent.  She wants to be a veterinarian because she loves children, etc. 

All you dumbstruck horndogs at MSNBC, knock it off!  That means you too, Rachel!  If she was fat and ugly and called Democrats losers, you KNOW you wouldn't have anything to do with her.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vtffani.gif

Subject: Re: Gripe about Meghan McCain, perpetual MSNBC guest

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/16/10 at 9:47 am

I always enjoy your rants, Max.  Karma!

Written By: danootaandme on 12/16/10 at 10:21 am

I saw her somewhere, not sure where, and all I could think was dumb blouser.  A prime example for why inherited wealth, power, and position is the downfall of civilization.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/16/10 at 11:22 am

Okay, just for giggles, I read her blog....I realize a blog isn't exactly "literature", but the run-on sentences and grammar/punctuation errors were driving me BATTY!!!  She obviously didn't graduate with a degree in English, Communications, or Journalism--or if she did, the professors who passed her need to go back to school themselves! If she speaks anywhere CLOSE to as poorly as she writes, I don't blame you for wanting to http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/barf.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/16/10 at 10:46 pm

She's the Paris Hilton of political families.  The difference is McCain knows how to keep her clothes on...so far!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing7.gif

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/17/10 at 4:10 pm

You know what really irritates me about this? During the 2004 presidential debates Kerry mention Darth Vader's lesbian daughter and got a negative crowd reaction for it even though at the time she was out making the rounds on programs much like McCain's daughter is now.  The kids of politicians are held to a very different standard and that standard should disappear if they're going to be going on talk shows and pretending to be knowledgeable about these issues.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/10 at 9:47 pm

You know what really irritates me about this? During the 2004 presidential debates Kerry mention Darth Vader's lesbian daughter and got a negative crowd reaction for it even though at the time she was out making the rounds on programs much like McCain's daughter is now.  The kids of politicians are held to a very different standard and that standard should disappear if they're going to be going on talk shows and pretending to be knowledgeable about these issues.

I'm from an LGBT-friendly area.  Rachel and Mrs. Maddow still have a house somewhere around here.  McCain's lesbianism is a big so what for me.  I do remember the Right flipping out about Kerry's remarks, which would have been tactful if the Right could handle human sexuality in any kind of adult fashion.  99% of the people watching Kerry's comments either didn't know or didn't care.  If Cheney's supporters wanted to keep his daughter's sexual orientation under wraps, they would have just shut up and let Kerry's statements go. 

Notice how Chelsea Clinton doesn't do this crap?  She has a brain.  Bad taste in men, maybe, but she's got some class.
::)

Written By: Ryan112390 on 12/18/10 at 1:06 am

I'm from an LGBT-friendly area.  Rachel and Mrs. Maddow still have a house somewhere around here.  McCain's lesbianism is a big so what for me.  I do remember the Right flipping out about Kerry's remarks, which would have been tactful if the Right could handle human sexuality in any kind of adult fashion.  99% of the people watching Kerry's comments either didn't know or didn't care.  If Cheney's supporters wanted to keep his daughter's sexual orientation under wraps, they would have just shut up and let Kerry's statements go. 

Notice how Chelsea Clinton doesn't do this crap?  She has a brain.  Bad taste in men, maybe, but she's got some class.
::)

And Chelsea endured a lot more crap in her Oval Office years than any White House kid since Tricia Nixon--Much moreso than Obama's kids or the Bush girls.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/10 at 8:21 am

And Chelsea endured a lot more crap in her Oval Office years than any White House kid since Tricia Nixon--Much moreso than Obama's kids or the Bush girls.

The Bush daughters reminded me of Amherst College rich-kid legacy cases I see staggering drunk on North Pleasant Street.  Total bimbos.  Chips off the old block. 

Don't forget about Amy Carter.  She was about the same age as Obama's daughters when JC was prez.  Later she got into some radical chic in the '80s and '90s.  She got arrested up here at UMass in 1987 with Abbie Hoffman and some others for protesting CIA recruitment on campus.  Civil disobedience.  That incident preceded my attendance at the university by several years.  Anyway,  Amy Carter mellowed out in middle age, but at least she picked the right battles when she was younger. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/18/10 at 1:36 pm

I saw her somewhere, not sure where, and all I could think was dumb blouser.  A prime example for why inherited wealth, power, and position is the downfall of civilization.

A lesson apparently never learned from the Ted Kennedy experience.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/10 at 6:22 pm

A lesson apparently never learned from the Ted Kennedy experience.  ;D

The Ted Kennedy Experience?

Sounds like one of those horrible college rock bands!
:D

Written By: Zeb on 12/18/10 at 6:46 pm

"Dirty Sexy Politics."  That's her book.  The title goes to her being a young chick ogling middle-aged men would like to get dirty and sexy with!  All she had to do be a young sexpot and follow her rich daddy around on his presidential campaign.  Other dumb rich kids go to PHISH concerts, but their dads aren't running for prez. 

Lawrence O'Donnell invites her on his show, I don't know why?  Would he invite Bristol Palin? Probably not.  Ms. McCain has been marketed as reasonable and intelligent.  She's not.  Okay, she's prolly not as dumb as Bristol, but she's no Rhodes Scholar.  Rachel Maddow was and ought to know better.

She said on Larry O's show, in Valley Girl inflection, "Arizonans have this reputation for being racist rednecks, and we're so not!  We just worry about what terrible things could happen if a terrorist was smart enough to cross the border with a dirty bomb!"

Meghan, Meghan, Meghan, if they put your brain in a bird, the bird would fly backwards. 

She's just another dumb blonde with a great agent.  She wants to be a veterinarian because she loves children, etc. 

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vtffani.gif

You mean like this upstanding young woman? When I hear her ( or PH) talk this is all I can think about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rNfZxgkH7k

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/10 at 6:57 pm

You mean like this upstanding young woman? When I hear her ( or PH) talk this is all I can think about.

Yep.  Julie Brown.  That's the one!
;)

Check for new replies or respond here...