» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act - yes, that's the actual title

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/07/11 at 9:42 pm

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/07/house-moves-toward-vote-on-health-care-repeal/?partner=rss&emc=rss

The right-wing called Nancy Pelosi shrill?  I can think of one word we won't be calling Boehner... subtle. Two years of gridlock folks... everyone saw it coming

Subject: Re: Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act - yes, that's the actual title

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/11 at 9:46 pm

Nancy Pelosi kissed John Boehner! Ewwwww!  I'd rather kiss an ol' bull dog's ass. 

Anyway, we really cashed in our chips this time.  These guys remind me of my eighth grade mock town meeting.  It's not funny, it's scary!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

Subject: Re: Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act - yes, that's the actual title

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/08/11 at 11:33 am

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/07/house-moves-toward-vote-on-health-care-repeal/?partner=rss&emc=rss

The right-wing called Nancy Pelosi shrill?  I can think of one word we won't be calling Boehner... subtle. Two years of gridlock folks... everyone saw it coming

And the "Weeper" of the house broke a bunch of the rules they just passed, like amendments from the opposition and open debate

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/08/11 at 11:56 am

It is real easy to be the Party of No-to obstruct everything that comes down the pike but now that they are in charge, they are going to prove that they really don't know how to govern. I love the fact that "Bone Head" stated, "Gone are the days when the Constitution will be ignored." And then when the Constitution was read, most people (including "Bone Head") walked out and then they skipped over many parts of it. Yeah, they are not going to ignore it, are they?  ::)

It is going to be fun to watch for the next two years.

Nancy Pelosi kissed John Boehner! Ewwwww!  I'd rather kiss an ol' bull dog's ass. 

Anyway, we really cashed in our chips this time.  These guys remind me of my eighth grade mock town meeting.  It's not funny, it's scary!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

I understand what you mean about it being scary-but you have to keep in mind that the Senate isn't going to let anything idiotic pass them and if per chance that it does, Obama holds the Veto pen. It is just that NOTHING is going to get done in the next 2 years. I am really hoping that the Tea Party & all the people who voted for these idiots will see that they don't have a clue on what they are doing and they are really bad for this country and will vote the idiots out. At least that is what I am hoping for. Unfortunately, we have to deal with the next 2 years to get to that point.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/08/11 at 4:03 pm

I'm with you Max.  Who the heck would want to kiss Nancy Pelosi.  Bull dog's ass would definitely be an upgrade.

Written By: tv on 01/08/11 at 5:22 pm

It is real easy to be the Party of No-to obstruct everything that comes down the pike but now that they are in charge, they are going to prove that they really don't know how to govern. I love the fact that "Bone Head" stated, "Gone are the days when the Constitution will be ignored." And then when the Constitution was read, most people (including "Bone Head") walked out and then they skipped over many parts of it. Yeah, they are not going to ignore it, are they?  ::)

It is going to be fun to watch for the next two years.

I understand what you mean about it being scary-but you have to keep in mind that the Senate isn't going to let anything idiotic pass them and if per chance that it does, Obama holds the Veto pen. It is just that NOTHING is going to get done in the next 2 years. I am really hoping that the Tea Party & all the people who voted for these idiots will see that they don't have a clue on what they are doing and they are really bad for this country and will vote the idiots out. At least that is what I am hoping for. Unfortunately, we have to deal with the next 2 years to get to that point.

Cat
Who was the one that didn't put out a budget last year? That would be Pelosi. For the first time in 35 years a budget wasn't made. You know what they say if you don't have a budget you can't govern.

How bad the tea party is for the country? Obama was the one that added 4 trillion dollars to the national deficit so far. He has already added as much to the national deficit as Bush W!

People on the left can use slogans like "Party Of No" but it didn't work in last election. Liberals like Pelosi, McDermott and Wasserman-Shultz can talk all they want but it does nothing to help their cause. Their rhetoric just makes the Democratic Party look more polarizing to indie voters.

Written By: tv on 01/08/11 at 5:25 pm

And the "Weeper" of the house broke a bunch of the rules they just passed, like amendments from the opposition and open debate
Your complaining about a 3 page repeal bill. Why? It was the Dems that did everything to pass that 2400 page monster bill that the american people did not want.

Written By: Macphisto on 01/08/11 at 7:32 pm

I'm with you Max.  Who the heck would want to kiss Nancy Pelosi.  Bull dog's ass would definitely be an upgrade.

They both suck, to be honest.  (Nancy and Boehner)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/08/11 at 11:30 pm

I agree with you, Cat.  I was explaining this very thing to my mother and sister tonight.  These guys are amoral and none-too-bright.  Even it never gets through the senate it's a colossal waste of time and it sounds like it's straight off Beck or Limbaugh.  Bad for morale.  Humiliating to the American people.  Counterproductive to vital measures we need to improve our economy while so many people are suffering.  Boehner and Co. are even worse than Gingrich, and I thought you couldn't get worse than Gingrich.  The name of that bill sounds like it was written by a 22-year-old intern, and for all I know it was.  
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/teufel.gif

I'm with you Max.  Who the heck would want to kiss Nancy Pelosi.  Bull dog's ass would definitely be an upgrade.

Either one, either one.  That smooch while they were passing the gavel was gross-out.  She also said the gavel was bigger than most of the gavels in the House.  Oh yeah, how do you know?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/disgust.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/14/11 at 12:18 am

I agree with you, Cat.  I was explaining this very thing to my mother and sister tonight.  These guys are amoral and none-too-bright.  Even it never gets through the senate it's a colossal waste of time and it sounds like it's straight off Beck or Limbaugh.  

Disagree.  I think they're amoral and pretty clever.  It's not supposed to get through the Senate.  It's supposed to be a waste of time - because it'll give their propagandists in the media something to rile up their base with for the 2012 elections.

Having gone through the motions, they can now go to their constituents and say "We passed a repeal bill in the House, but the Senate wouldn't even send it to the President for a veto!  You need to get out there and campaign for those Senate races as well as the Presidential contest..."

You know, just like the ending of the wiretaps or the closing of Gitmo :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/11 at 8:51 am

Disagree.  I think they're amoral and pretty clever.  It's not supposed to get through the Senate.  It's supposed to be a waste of time - because it'll give their propagandists in the media something to rile up their base with for the 2012 elections.

Having gone through the motions, they can now go to their constituents and say "We passed a repeal bill in the House, but the Senate wouldn't even send it to the President for a veto!  You need to get out there and campaign for those Senate races as well as the Presidential contest..."

I agree with you that it is supposed to be a waste of time. They are going to try to waste time for the next two years (like they have been doing for the last 2). I think it is going to back fire on them and the Dems are going to take the House again in 2012-that is my prediction.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/11 at 11:13 am

Yeah, that's the ticket.  They'll get around to it as soon as they restore habeas corpus! 

Ain't we the north end of a southbound horse!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Written By: tv on 01/14/11 at 5:52 pm

I agree with you that it is supposed to be a waste of time. They are going to try to waste time for the next two years (like they have been doing for the last 2). I think it is going to back fire on them and the Dems are going to take the House again in 2012-that is my prediction.

Cat
The Dems or the Repubs will probably have a slight edge in the US House after the '12 elections like something like a 219-216 member advantage for either party. I think because alot minorities who voted for Obama in '08(specifically blacks) will be back to vote in the '12 election to for him again. As for backfiring of repealing the health care law indie voters who decide elections aren't that happy with the new Health Care Law so don't predict that the repeal measure will cause too much backlash.

Check for new replies or respond here...