» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Vote all these Congress people out that want to tell us to do with our health:

Written By: tv on 02/21/11 at 1:56 pm

I noticed the Republicans voted to ban funds to ban planned parenthood funds for the rest of the year. Like the Dems that voted for the Health Care Bill vote these people out that voted for this amendment. The government has no right to get in our business in regards to our health. Yes I am a guy but this is assualt on women's health. My republican congressman will not be getting my vote anymore because he voted yes on this planned parenthood issue in banning funds for the rest of the fiscal year.

To the government: butt out of our healthcare decisions please!

Subject: Re: Vote all these Congress people out that want to tell us to do with our health:

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/11 at 5:19 pm

I'm not for black-and-white thinking on this issue.

I don't mind Michelle Obama's eat-your-veggies cheer leading, but I'm not in favor of the government telling me I can't eat fried chicken.  We all know smoking cigarettes is detrimental to your health, so I'm in favor of the government taxing cigarettes, but ONLY if the revenues are used to pay for smoking-related illnesses and anti-smoking education.  However, I'm against prohibiting tobacco. 

Cutting funds for Planned Parenthood was totally obnoxious.

Subject: Re: Vote all these Congress people out that want to tell us to do with our health:

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/21/11 at 6:56 pm

I noticed the Republicans voted to ban funds to ban planned parenthood funds for the rest of the year. Like the Dems that voted for the Health Care Bill vote these people out that voted for this amendment. The government has no right to get in our business in regards to our health. Yes I am a guy but this is assualt on women's health. My republican congressman will not be getting my vote anymore because he voted yes on this planned parenthood issue in banning funds for the rest of the fiscal year.

To the government: butt out of our healthcare decisions please!

TV:

You want the government to "butt out" but you want for them to pay the bill?  ???

"Butting out" of Planned Parenthood's business means not giving them any money and not taking any money from them.

Written By: tv on 02/21/11 at 7:32 pm

TV:

You want the government to "butt out" but you want for them to pay the bill?  ???

"Butting out" of Planned Parenthood's business means not giving them any money and not taking any money from them.
No, what I'm saying is they shouldn't ban funds for planned parenthood. I mean what are poor women gonna do to take care of their health needs?

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/22/11 at 9:29 am

No, what I'm saying is they shouldn't ban funds for planned parenthood. I mean what are poor women gonna do to take care of their health needs?

What else?  Go to the emergency room

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/22/11 at 5:52 pm

What else?  Go to the emergency room

YEAH! LIKE THIS ONE DID!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHHcx3GiXGA

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/firedevil.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/22/11 at 10:53 pm

But seriously folks (I know) if funding planned parenthood is ok because it serves poor women, why should not pooled tax dollars fund all health insurance, a cut out the profit motive all around?

Written By: tv on 02/23/11 at 5:06 pm

But seriously folks (I know) if funding planned parenthood is ok because it serves poor women, why should not pooled tax dollars fund all health insurance, a cut out the profit motive all around?
No women go to planned parenthood for their tests. I don't think planned parenthoods does major surgeries like a big time hospital would. Thats the difference I wouldn't want the government to decide what surgeries i get.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/23/11 at 10:13 pm

No women go to planned parenthood for their tests. I don't think planned parenthoods does major surgeries like a big time hospital would. Thats the difference I wouldn't want the government to decide what surgeries i get.

What??????????????????????????????????????????  I must have missed something

Check for new replies or respond here...