» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Which presidency did you like better?

Written By: joeman on 02/21/11 at 10:41 pm

Both came after Ronald Reagan and were around after the Cold War.  Which political reign was better?

Subject: Re: Which presidency did you like better?

Written By: RG1995 on 02/21/11 at 11:15 pm

Clinton because I was actually alive when he was President and he also likes Jazz music  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/22/11 at 6:16 pm

No confidence on both.
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/22/11 at 7:24 pm

Bush I.

Gotta give props to anybody who can puke in the Emporer's lap.  ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/22/11 at 10:45 pm

Clinton.  Do the word "surplus" ring a bell?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/23/11 at 8:32 am

No brainer. And believe it or not, I voted for both of them-but not at the same time.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/23/11 at 10:18 pm

Bush I.

Gotta give props to anybody who can puke in the Emporer's lap.   ;D

So you would vote for me if I puked in your lap?  OK http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/barf.gif  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/barf.gif  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/barf.gif  So now I could be POTUS?

Written By: Step-chan on 02/24/11 at 2:11 pm

Clinton for sure.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/24/11 at 8:05 pm

So you would vote for me if I puked in your lap?  OK http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/barf.gif  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/barf.gif  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/barf.gif  So now I could be POTUS?

Only if I were the Emporer.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/11 at 9:47 pm

Only if I were the Emporer.   ;D

Without clothes?  :o :o :o

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/24/11 at 10:01 pm

Without clothes?  :o :o :o

Cat

Is there any other kind?

Written By: tv on 02/25/11 at 2:41 pm

To much financial deregulation under Clinton, too much debt by Reagan. They are about even.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/27/11 at 10:12 am

I pick Clinton, but this is a snap judgment. I would have to read up more on him and Bush Sr. of course.

Written By: Ryan112390 on 03/01/11 at 10:13 am

Bush Sr was more of a Liberal than Clinton (who wanted to privatize Social Security as early as 1997 and is in my mind a Republican pretending to be a Democrat), so I choose Bush Sr. Bush, Sr is the same man who pushed forth the Clean Air Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (which the radical teabaggers want to get rid of).

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/01/11 at 7:32 pm

Bush Sr was more of a Liberal than Clinton (who wanted to privatize Social Security as early as 1997 and is in my mind a Republican pretending to be a Democrat), so I choose Bush Sr. Bush, Sr is the same man who pushed forth the Clean Air Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (which the radical teabaggers want to get rid of).

Maybe in a separate universe, that was Bush 2

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/03/11 at 2:51 pm

No neither?!

Bush I had only ONE good thing...he acquired the American Disabilities Act.

Clinton had only ONE good thing..."It's the Economy, Stupid"! (And I like that line)!

Written By: tv on 03/03/11 at 5:56 pm

Oh I pick Clinton although Bush 1 was a good man!

Written By: tv on 03/03/11 at 6:01 pm

No brainer. And believe it or not, I voted for both of them-but not at the same time.

Cat
Oh early 90's you switched from being a republican to a progressive. Its funny Vermont was a Republican State in the 80's but by Clinton's election in 1992 the state turned soild blue.
Jim Jeffords was still a Republican all throughout the 90's as 1 of Vermont's US Senators.

Written By: tv on 03/03/11 at 6:05 pm

Clinton was a centrist dem although he did a little too much deregulation in the finanicial sector. I mean Clinton is a democrat on social issues in my mind.

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/04/11 at 1:22 pm

Oh early 90's you switched from being a republican to a progressive. Its funny Vermont was a Republican State in the 80's but by Clinton's election in 1992 the state turned soild blue.
Jim Jeffords was still a Republican all throughout the 90's as 1 of Vermont's US Senators.

Yeah, hanging around me, she saw the light.

Jim has said that he didn't leave the party, the party left him.  He was a good senator, and is a good man

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/04/11 at 2:19 pm

Jim has said that he didn't leave the party, the party left him.  He was a good senator, and is a good man

Actually, my awakening took place shortly before I met you. But, you did turn me into a Political Junkie.

Cat

Written By: tv on 03/04/11 at 3:33 pm

Jim has said that he didn't leave the party, the party left him.  He was a good senator, and is a good man
Jefforrds was a liberal libertarian I think, he was liberal-moderate liberal to liberal on social issues but moderate on economic issues.

Check for new replies or respond here...