» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Mu'ammar al-Qadhdhafi... Good to the Last Drop

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/22/11 at 9:06 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/af_libya_protests

Subject: Re: Mu'ammar al-Qadhdhafi... Good to the Last Drop

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/22/11 at 10:43 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/af_libya_protests

Just one more dance!  A phrase that will repeat itself over and over again.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/22/11 at 11:51 pm

Just one more dance!  A phrase that will repeat itself over and over again.

As long as he ends up doing a jig like Mussolini, I'm fine with one more dance.  Enjoy may day off seeing oil and precious metals up big.  Wake up at +0.5% with the Dow off 100.  Go to work.  Guy spends an hour and change on TV rambling about fsgfdswharrgarbl, and I get out of a meeting to find myself -2% with the Dow off 200.  WTF?

"We challenge America with its mighty power, we challenge even the superpower."
  - Col. Muammar El-WTFFi.

So yeah, about that.  Back in 1986...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZczL-P_5Ps

...we thought you were kinda funny, and one of our political satirists wrote a song about it.  Difference is, we did it for the lulz.  Your own people actually give a damn about how it plays out.  And they want you dead. 

"We will live in Libya and die in Libya. (Ends)"
  - Col. Muammar El-WTFFi.

And so, on behalf of those who've already fallen, I say this:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg6vhyw35K1qaa9xe.jpg.

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.  I'm bummed Reagan nailed your kid instead of you.  And I couldn't stop the UK from playing nicey-nicey with you when it came to the guy who probably blew up that plane over Scotland.  This isn't the '80s, Quad.  There are rules

~stumbles off drunkenly mumbling something about satellites, dialup and proxies and legion something or other whatever~

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/27/11 at 9:33 pm

http://c1961792.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/edec121d7733ee9fb168d572e522c031.gif

Jury's still out, but we're getting close to red carpet time.  And it looks like he won't even have a date when he gets to the big party:

"Gadaffi appeared ditched by yet another close confidant on Sunday - the Ukrainian nurse thought to have a close relationship with him. Halyna Kolotnytska, 38, arrived in Kiev on a plane that evacuated 122 Ukrainians and 68 foreign nationals from the violence-torn North African country."
  - Al-Jazeera Liveblog 2/28

If the rumor that one of Libya's main phone networks was hacked - by its own employees - to effectively top-up its customers accounts with free credit, turns out to be true, that's pretty cool work, though.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/27/11 at 9:41 pm

I can't pronounce his name.  :-\\

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/27/11 at 9:48 pm

Join the club - is it Kadafy, or Gadafy, or Kadgoofy?  Only his hair dresser knows for sure

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/11 at 9:13 am

I think it is a little easier than Imadinnerjacket.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 02/28/11 at 9:30 am

Cat

:D

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/28/11 at 10:08 pm

Cat

Well, since no language is really your first, it is understandable that you would think so ;) ;) :o :-* :-*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/28/11 at 10:15 pm

Well, since no language is really your first, it is understandable that you would think so ;) ;) :o :-* :-*

I can't help it if my tongue gets in the way and I have problems with pronunciation. At least I am not delusional like a certain Libyan dictator who thinks his people love him and that is why they are trying to overthrow him.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/01/11 at 7:33 pm

I can't help it if my tongue gets in the way and I have problems with pronunciation. At least I am not delusional like a certain Libyan dictator who thinks his people love him and that is why they are trying to overthrow him.

Cat

I know, and I was just pulling your leg

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/03/11 at 2:48 pm

Gaddafi! (Okay, I cheated a little bit...)

But don't be surprised that Gaddafi will be in the obituaries this year....

Check for new replies or respond here...