» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Gonzo journalist convices Walker that he is talking to David Koch...

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/23/11 at 1:18 pm

Wisconsin governor Scott Walker gets crank-called by gonzo journalist posing as David Koch, admits to various schemes to end Democratic filibuster (20 min. audio)

some interesting highlights (stolen from reddit)

• Walker admits having considered planting provocateurs in the crowd.

• Walker plans to trick state senate dems into meeting so that he can hold the quorum open, even without their presence.

• There's some bill being presented that forces the absent dems to pick up their checks in person, and if/when they do show up to get them, the checks will be locked in the desks on the house floor.

• 'Koch' calls up and gets a 20 minute, in-depth report from the governor; there is very little prodding from 'Koch'. Simply put, Koch is the boss.

• Walker's biggest public complaint about the protests is that many protesters are from out of state. Koch is very much from out of state.

Subject: Re: Gonzo journalist convices Walker that he is talking to David Koch...

Written By: tv on 02/23/11 at 5:00 pm

If Wallker gets anymore stubborn he will get recalled and Russ Feingold will be the next governor of Wisconisin.

Subject: Re: Gonzo journalist convices Walker that he is talking to David Koch...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/23/11 at 6:14 pm

The Buffalo Beast website is down.  Walker got busted!  The Koch's out of the bag now! 

"When you're done with these bastards, I'll fly you out to Cali and show you a good time!"

That's Jerky Boys level crank-calling!  I can't believe Walker bought it.  I just can't believe it!
:D

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/23/11 at 7:19 pm

The Buffalo Beast website is down.  Walker got busted!  The Koch's out of the bag now! 

"When you're done with these bastards, I'll fly you out to Cali and show you a good time!"

That's Jerky Boys level crank-calling!  I can't believe Walker bought it.  I just can't believe it!
:D

yeah, we though Sarah Palin was an easy dupe for falling for the same thing... but I guess it's a bigger collection of the GOP that's easy to get the goat of.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/23/11 at 8:21 pm

Gonzo Journalist?  Is that like Max Hardcore?  Or is it more like the dude who played Gonzo on Trapper John MD?

;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/23/11 at 8:48 pm

Gonzo Journalist?  Is that like Max Hardcore?  Or is it more like the dude who played Gonzo on Trapper John MD?

;D

it's more like Hunter S. Thompson... whom the term was coined for.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/23/11 at 8:52 pm

it's more like Hunter S. Thompson... whom the term was coined for.

Oh yeah, forgot about him...  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/23/11 at 8:53 pm

yeah, we though Sarah Palin was an easy dupe for falling for the same thing... but I guess it's a bigger collection of the GOP that's easy to get the goat of.

OMG Chucky, you just said the "S" word when you took the pledge for the month.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

As for that @$$hole in Wisconsin, I hope he is GOING DOWN!!!

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/23/11 at 10:10 pm

;D

Interesting that you focus on the journalist and not on the content.  Does this suggest that you approve of a governor taking orders from the Koch brothers, or do you just assume that all the repubs do?

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/23/11 at 10:38 pm

OMG Chucky, you just said the "S" word when you took the pledge for the month.  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

recounting a historical footnote doesn't count... plus the month is almost over anyways

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/26/11 at 3:18 am

Gonzo Journalist?  Is that like Max Hardcore?  Or is it more like the dude who played Gonzo on Trapper John MD? ;D

Kinda like the dude who dressed up in a pimp hat and showed up at that ACORN office, which was straight-up gonzo too - the tradition of Hunter S. Thompson was to bury himself in the role, get the story, and get out in one piece.  What's goosing the gonzo is gonzo for the gander, or something like that.  Someone got goosed :)

In Walker's defense, the interview makes it clear that he considered it and rejected it as a bad idea.  It's just not a viable strategy in an age when people can detect astroturf and agents provocateurs from a mile away.

And counting against Walker, you can tell pretty clearly from the tone of his voice that he knows who the boss is.  And it ain't him.  (And that he had no moral problem with inserting "troublemakers" into the crowd, he just knew he couldn't get away with it.)

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/26/11 at 8:07 pm

Kinda like the dude who dressed up in a pimp hat and showed up at that ACORN office, which was straight-up gonzo too - the tradition of Hunter S. Thompson was to bury himself in the role, get the story, and get out in one piece.  What's goosing the gonzo is gonzo for the gander, or something like that.  Someone got goosed :)

In Walker's defense, the interview makes it clear that he considered it and rejected it as a bad idea.  It's just not a viable strategy in an age when people can detect astroturf and agents provocateurs from a mile away.

And counting against Walker, you can tell pretty clearly from the tone of his voice that he knows who the boss is.  And it ain't him.  (And that he had no moral problem with inserting "troublemakers" into the crowd, he just knew he couldn't get away with it.)

No big deal, he was just reporting in to Da Boss

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/26/11 at 8:12 pm

Interesting that you focus on the journalist and not on the content.  Does this suggest that you approve of a governor taking orders from the Koch brothers, or do you just assume that all the repubs do?

Actually I did not hear the part where he was taking orders from anybody.

The Koches talking to Walker is not materially different than George Soros talking to O'bama.

Written By: tv on 02/26/11 at 9:33 pm

The Koches talking to Walker is not materially different than George Soros talking to O'bama.
or Richard Trumka for that matter. Trumka is at The White House 2 times a week.  Like "Maxwell Smart" says each party has their paymasters though!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/26/11 at 10:16 pm

What is sort of interesting is about 6 years ago, in Indiana, the Governor Daniels there put an end to collective bargaining by State workers.  I don't recall if much ruckus was raised, but I don't think it was anything like you are seeing now in Wiscy.

Ever since the Repubs have strengthened their position in Indiana, too.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/26/11 at 10:52 pm

or Richard Trumka for that matter. Trumka is at The White House 2 times a week.  Like "Maxwell Smart" says each party has their paymasters though!

Can you (and TV) document your assertions that Obama takes orders from Soros and Trumpka?  Talk to them?  Why not?  Both are influential people, and both are influential with his base, but talking to them is different from taking orders from them, as Walker was clearly doing.  He was reporting his progress  on the Koch agenda.  You guys gotta get real

Written By: tv on 02/28/11 at 2:49 pm

What is sort of interesting is about 6 years ago, in Indiana, the Governor Daniels there put an end to collective bargaining by State workers.  I don't recall if much ruckus was raised, but I don't think it was anything like you are seeing now in Wiscy.

Ever since the Repubs have strengthened their position in Indiana, too.
Thats different now the economy was good then in 2005 and the media was way different. I don't think the left and the right were so much at each other as they are now.

Written By: tv on 02/28/11 at 3:08 pm

Can you (and TV) document your assertions that Obama takes orders from Soros and Trumpka?  Talk to them?  Why not?  Both are influential people, and both are influential with his base, but talking to them is different from taking orders from them, as Walker was clearly doing.  He was reporting his progress  on the Koch agenda.  You guys gotta get real
There is nothing in the conservation where Walker is taking orders from Koch. However Walker is an extremist for what he is doing to the unions.

I agree that Soros and Trumpka are influential and there is no tapes of Obama taking orders from those 2.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/28/11 at 10:06 pm

There is nothing in the conservation where Walker is taking orders from Koch. However Walker is an extremist for what he is doing to the unions.

I agree that Soros and Trumpka are influential and there is no tapes of Obama taking orders from those 2.

Yes, you are right, it was more pf a progress report to the chairman of the board

Check for new replies or respond here...