» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Looks like Bachmann is in

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/25/11 at 9:30 am

Seems Mother Ship Michelle is going to throw her tin foil hat into the ring.  Look out Mitt

Subject: Re: Looks like Bachmann is in

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/25/11 at 11:27 am

Should be SOOOOO funny. She makes Sister Sarah look smart.

Cat

Written By: tv on 03/25/11 at 3:45 pm

Should be SOOOOO funny. She makes Sister Sarah look smart.

Cat
No Sarah is too polarizing at this point to even run. Bachmann doesn't looks as polarizing at this point but I just don't think Michelle would win. I mean she hasn't a ran anything just like Obama didn't and that eliminates her from even winning the Republican nomination. I think voters are looking for somebody who has experience at governing a state.

Written By: tv on 03/25/11 at 3:47 pm

Seems Mother Ship Michelle is going to throw her tin foil hat into the ring.  Look out Mitt
No doubt Michelle can raise money I mean she is a huge fundraiser but Mitt can rake in the dough too!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/25/11 at 4:27 pm

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_pN2IPAw6E

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

--H.L. Mencken

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/25/11 at 4:50 pm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-03-24/michele-bachmanns-could-be-2012-presidential-run-not-worthy-of-serious-coverage/?cid=topic:mainpromo1#

Cat

Written By: philbo on 03/30/11 at 5:17 am

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

--H.L. Mencken

That's one of my favourite Mencken quotes (and he's one of the more quotable people who've ever lived)

Is there a politician called Turner who can run as Bachmann's VP candidate?  I can just hear the soundtrack when that campaign goes into overdrive..

Written By: danootaandme on 03/30/11 at 6:00 am

No doubt Michelle can raise money I mean she is a huge fundraiser but Mitt can rake in the dough too!

The dough Mitt rakes in tends to come from his own backyard

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/30/11 at 9:00 am

That's one of my favourite Mencken quotes (and he's one of the more quotable people who've ever lived)

Is there a politician called Turner who can run as Bachmann's VP candidate?  I can just hear the soundtrack when that campaign goes into overdrive..

Michelle and Ted, that would be interesting - a loser, but interesting

Written By: tv on 04/02/11 at 5:19 pm

The dough Mitt rakes in tends to come from his own backyard
Money raised in the first quarter of 2011: Bachmann 2.2 million, Romney 1.9 million.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/05/11 at 12:15 am

Money raised in the first quarter of 2011: Bachmann 2.2 million, Romney 1.9 million.

Palin/Bachman vs. Obama/Clinton. 

Two retarded chicks vs. a black Republican and a lesbian.  Diversity 2012!

Written By: philbo on 04/05/11 at 6:05 am

... and a lesbian.

The evidence would appear to be against you..

..unless you have a video you'd like to share?
(OTOH, scrap that idea.  Definitely a bad one.)

Written By: tv on 04/05/11 at 6:23 pm

Palin/Bachman vs. Obama/Clinton. 

Two retarded chicks vs. a black Republican and a lesbian.  Diversity 2012!
Obama is not a Republican. Hillary is married to Bill so how is she gay?

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/06/11 at 10:09 am

Obama is close to a republican, and it wouldn't be the first time that a married person turned out to be gay.  May be that;s why Bill fools around so much

Written By: tv on 04/06/11 at 6:25 pm

Obama is close to a republican, and it wouldn't be the first time that a married person turned out to be gay.  May be that;s why Bill fools around so much
The Republicans never did Cap & Tax and didn't pass that Healthcare Bill that got the Dems tossed out as the majority party in the US House.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/07/11 at 11:04 pm

sane... sorry, you should really type the entire title next time

Seems like mostly the whackjobs are throwing their hat in the ring right now (Trump? really?) because in six months the actual campaign nonsense will drown it out and they can't milk it when the serious candidates are hogging the limelight.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/07/11 at 11:46 pm

<voice=foghorn_leghorn>(Obviously the sorta dude who thinks "'satire" is the answer an Italian guy gives you when you ask him what that big black round thing is on each of an automobile's four rims.)</voice>

Obama's indistinguishable from Bush.  Supports tortureaggressive interrogation, keeping Gitmo open, warrantless wiretapping, groping of children by TSA thugs, all email more than 6 months old can be archived to government servers without a warrant.  

And as Larry Craig and half of the rest of the Republican party proved, you don't have to be straight to be married.  (I'm straight, not narrow, so I'm all for lesbians.  Hillary and Monica settling their differences in a pit filled with the freshest mint Jello while Bill lights up a Cohiba?  Would have been more fun than the Starr report, wouldn't it?)

Seems like mostly the whackjobs are throwing their hat in the ring right now (Trump? really?) because in six months the actual campaign nonsense will drown it out and they can't milk it when the serious candidates are hogging the limelight.

You say that like it's a bad thing :)

Written By: tv on 04/08/11 at 2:53 pm

<voice=foghorn_leghorn>(Obviously the sorta dude who thinks "'satire" is the answer an Italian guy gives you when you ask him what that big black round thing is on each of an automobile's four rims.)</voice>

Obama's indistinguishable from Bush.  Supports tortureaggressive interrogation, keeping Gitmo open, warrantless wiretapping, groping of children by TSA thugs, all email more than 6 months old can be archived to government servers without a warrant And as Larry Craig and half of the rest of the Republican party proved, you don't have to be straight to be married.  (I'm straight, not narrow, so I'm all for lesbians.  Hillary and Monica settling their differences in a pit filled with the freshest mint Jello while Bill lights up a Cohiba?  Would have been more fun than the Starr report, wouldn't it?)

You say that like it's a bad thing :)
I agree his foriegn/security policy is like Bush(W.) but more Bush(W.) than Bush(W.) if you get what I'm saying. His domestic economic policy's are more liberal than Bush(W.) though.

Written By: tv on 04/08/11 at 3:01 pm

sane... sorry, you should really type the entire title next time

Trump: well he would be alright on foriegn policy but on domestic economic policy he probably would outsource that to McConell and Boehner the way Obama did with Pelosi and Reid. I just got a feeling about that if Trump ever became president that that would happen.

I think the Republican nominee will be Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty, Barbour, or Gingrich maybe for 2012 not Trump, Bachmann, Paul, or Santorum. Ron Paul fits the Republican mold in terms of his beliefs on domestic economic policy but on social issues he's out of the mainstream with Republican base voters.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/11 at 7:24 pm

Trump: well he would be alright on foriegn policy but on domestic economic policy he probably would outsource that to McConell and Boehner

Holy crap! That would be 'uuuuuge!!!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...