» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Wisonsin is broke! Well.. maybe not so much...

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/11/11 at 2:19 pm

Is Wisconsin 'broke'? Answer is in the eye of the beholder, experts say

4th best funded pension fund, and middle of the pack for deficit compared to other states...

Using the word "broke" helps Walker frame the debate around his controversial budget plans on his terms, Lee said, suggesting spending cuts are the only option and any tax increases are out of the question.

Subject: Re: Wisonsin is broke! Well.. maybe not so much...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/11/11 at 2:34 pm

You can say the same thing about the entire country.  Basically, it is what Hawkeye & BJ wrote on Frank's toe tag: Emotionally exhausted and morally bankrupt.

Cat

Written By: tv on 04/11/11 at 5:01 pm

Most of the Western States and a half dozen of the midwest states have controlled their budgets it looks like from that graph. Also, Georgia, and Massachusetts have controlled their budget deficits too. However Massachusetts pension system is one of the worst funded.

If Walker thinks Wisconsin's budget shortfalls are bad then he hasn't seen New Jersey's or Callifornia's budget deficits.

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/13/11 at 3:57 pm

I'm surprised Ohio hasn't went into default...yet!

PS-I'm hearing about Prepersition 5 and John Kasich, what's that about? If you can give me some info, I'd appreciate it.

Check for new replies or respond here...