» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Would you re-elect Barack Obama?

Written By: SuperDude526 on 04/29/11 at 6:08 pm

I may sound like a partisan but yes, I'd take him in a heartbeat, unless someone else is nominated by the Dems (doubtful).

Subject: Re: Would you re-elect Barack Obama?

Written By: philbo on 04/30/11 at 6:03 am

I don't get a vote... however, I've not seen a potential challenger who's even the teensiest bit credible.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/30/11 at 9:50 am

Against any repub, in a tick

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/11 at 10:45 am

Does a bear go doodoo in the woods?

Cat

Written By: SuperDude526 on 04/30/11 at 3:57 pm

Interesting, on my "home" forum I did this pitting Ron Paul vs. Barack Obama and Paul won by a landslide. ;D

...I would just like to say I am very pleased I got a different result here.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/30/11 at 8:58 pm

Surely if my vote was going to stop President Trump!
:o

Written By: SuperDude526 on 04/30/11 at 9:40 pm

Bah, Trump is silly season.  I get the impression the Republican Party is embarrassed by him even.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/01/11 at 10:53 am

But the Dems would LOVE a Trump candidacy

Written By: Jessica on 05/01/11 at 1:14 pm

In a goddamned heartbeat.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/01/11 at 1:15 pm

But the Dems would LOVE a Trump candidacy

But just think how awesome a historical moment it would be if Trump were to run and win.

Right before he put his hand on the Bible to be sworn in on January 20, 2013, he would pause, turn to the President, and say "You're fired".  ;D

http://newyork.corante.com/archives/You're%20fired.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/01/11 at 3:07 pm

But just think how awesome a historical moment it would be if Trump were to run and win.

Right before he put his hand on the Bible to be sworn in on January 20, 2013, he would pause, turn to the President, and say "You're fired".   ;D

We already had a stupid idiot for a prez, I don't think this country could afford another one. Hell, we are still trying to clean up after the last one.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 05/01/11 at 3:30 pm

If there's no one better, than yes.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/01/11 at 3:35 pm

How come the people who voted no have not admitted it? Come on, we won't bite...HARD!  Just kidding. Seriously, we respect your vote.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 05/01/11 at 3:42 pm

Well, since I didn't elect him in the first place... I can't RE-elect him, can I? ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/01/11 at 6:26 pm

How come the people who voted no have not admitted it? Come on, we won't bite...HARD!  Just kidding. Seriously, we respect your vote.

Cat

Heck I admit it.

I hope that Governor Mitch Daniels (of Indiana) decides to run.  That mofo managed to balance the Indiana budget quite well.

And to show that I am not a straight-ticket kind of voter, if former Indiana Governor Evan Bayh had run for Prez, he'd stand a pretty decent chance of getting my vote too.  ;)

Written By: SuperDude526 on 05/01/11 at 11:03 pm

I'm a partisan and unashamed to admit it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/11 at 11:04 pm

Right before he put his hand on the Bible to be sworn in on January 20, 2013, he would pause, turn to the President, and say "You're fired".   ;D

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/27472_100001032130975_6235_n.jpg

I'M DA BOSS!!!

Jimmy Wichard for President

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/01/11 at 11:10 pm

We already had a stupid idiot for a prez, I don't think this country could afford another one. Hell, we are still trying to clean up after the last one.

The mess left behind by Bill Clinton has long since been cleaned up. Now we must get rid of Barack Obama and elect someone who will actually clean up the wreck made by Wall Street! He's had over 2 years to get us back on track, and the economy is worse off than when Carter was fired! My support will lie with Romney, Huckabee, Palin, or whoever runs for the conservatives. And like I said during Al Gore's campaign, I'll vote for Dan Quayle, Bob Dole, or the Ghost of Ronald Reagan before I vote to keep Obama!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/11 at 11:36 pm

The mess left behind by Bill Clinton has long since been cleaned up. Now we must get rid of Barack Obama and elect someone who will actually clean up the wreck made by Wall Street! He's had over 2 years to get us back on track, and the economy is worse off than when Carter was fired! My support will lie with Romney, Huckabee, Palin, or whoever runs for the conservatives. And like I said during Al Gore's campaign, I'll vote for Dan Quayle, Bob Dole, or the Ghost of Ronald Reagan before I vote to keep Obama!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Nobody gets in without the endorsement of Wall Street.

Written By: Henk on 05/02/11 at 12:14 am

Cat

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

I hate to burst your bubble...but it wasn't the Clinton administration Cat was referring to.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/02/11 at 1:06 am

I hate to burst your bubble...but it wasn't the Clinton administration Cat was referring to.

The Clinton Administration's One Nation Under a Re-groove, the 2003 remix of Funkadelic's 1978 original One Nation Under a Groove?

Well, they were both really good albums, but what that have to do with politics?  It's like we're on some pop culture message board or something? :)

Written By: philbo on 05/02/11 at 6:08 am

My support will lie with Romney, Huckabee, Palin, or whoever runs for the conservatives.

Are you serious?  The thought that any of those three are even considered as contenders makes the whole concept of democracy a laughing stock.  You would need to be a certifiable imbecile to think that they would be capable of doing the job (well, Romney slightly less so.. but he's shown himself to be such a despicable slimeball, you'd need to be lacking in any moral or ethical sensibilities to consider voting for him)

Written By: SuperDude526 on 05/02/11 at 9:10 am

Are you serious?  The thought that any of those three are even considered as contenders makes the whole concept of democracy a laughing stock.  You would need to be a certifiable imbecile to think that they would be capable of doing the job (well, Romney slightly less so.. but he's shown himself to be such a despicable slimeball, you'd need to be lacking in any moral or ethical sensibilities to consider voting for him)

As soon as I'm able to karma you...just remind me I owe you one. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/11 at 11:16 am

As soon as I'm able to karma you...just remind me I owe you one. ;D

I got him for ya.

Cat

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/02/11 at 12:53 pm

Are you serious?  The thought that any of those three are even considered as contenders makes the whole concept of democracy a laughing stock.  You would need to be a certifiable imbecile to think that they would be capable of doing the job (well, Romney slightly less so.. but he's shown himself to be such a despicable slimeball, you'd need to be lacking in any moral or ethical sensibilities to consider voting for him)
Are YOU better off than you were TWO Years Ago?

Your Pal,
Doc

>:(

Written By: Jessica on 05/02/11 at 1:03 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

Yes.

Written By: Henk on 05/02/11 at 1:06 pm

Yes.

Ditto.

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/02/11 at 1:09 pm

Admittedly insane flaming liberals need not apply! Jessica, If you are better off, where do you work, the unemployment office!?
BTW, you once told me you don't believe in God, but if that has since changed, during your stretch in purgatory, please, kick Bin Laden in the crotch for me. About 3,000 times(for all the 9/11 victims) oughta do it.

Praying for your soul,
Doc

Written By: Jessica on 05/02/11 at 1:11 pm

Admittedly insane flaming liberals need not apply! Jessica, If you are better off, where do you work, the unemployment office!?
BTW, you once told me you don't believe in God, so if and when you land in Hell, please, kick Bin Laden in the crotch for me.

Praying for your soul,
Doc

I'm a wife and mother, foo'.  I don't work because I'm following the religious conservative bullshyt of staying at home like a good little woman.

And I'm a reverend now.  I figured I'd pass the time until I get to Hell by being an evil heathen posing as a religious clergywoman.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/11 at 1:21 pm

BTW, you once told me you don't believe in God, so if and when you land in Hell, please, kick Bin Laden in the crotch for me.

Praying for your soul,
Doc

That is totally uncalled for.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 1:22 pm

In a goddamned heartbeat.

what jess said!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 1:23 pm

Cat

Stupid karma button thingy doesn't seem to be working  ;)

Written By: Jessica on 05/02/11 at 1:25 pm

Gotcha covered. ;D

Written By: Henk on 05/02/11 at 1:26 pm

Gotcha covered. ;D

Well, double that! :D ;D

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/02/11 at 1:51 pm

I'm a wife and mother, foo'.  I don't work because I'm following the religious conservative bullshyt of staying at home like a good little woman.

And I'm a reverend now.  I figured I'd pass the time until I get to Hell by being an evil heathen posing as a religious clergywoman.

Jessica, if you change your tagline about reveling in insanity and your Super-B*tch avatar, I will delete that post. But A reverend who uses the word bulls#%! and openly mocks what she is supposed to preach? your reply makes it very hard for me to stand corrected. For now, I will amend the post.

Doc
???

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 1:55 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

I am soooooo better off than I was two years ago! Except for one thing... two years ago I was fooled into thinking you were an okay guy but now I realize I don't like interacting with you at all..... but I don't think that's Barrack's fault... mostly I blame Sarah Palin  :P

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/02/11 at 1:56 pm

I already proved my point in 2008, things sucked in The Midwest, but the Republicans need someone strong...I'm unsure if Palin is the one, but hey...why not a woman for president?

And if Palin wins in 2012, look at 2016...Sarah Palin vs. Hillary Clinton!

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 1:57 pm

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/smileys/notworthy79.gif

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 1:58 pm

Gotcha covered. ;D

thanks!!!

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/02/11 at 2:00 pm

That is totally uncalled for.

Cat and Snozz, I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone but Jessica in that post. She has a real knack(and fetish) for driving me up the wall, especially the way she mocks my political views, which unlike hers, are based on faith and common sense. There are times when I see her posting, and her views seem to be based solely on contradicting me! Gad, I hate when people abuse the First Amendment. I now wish to step out of the debate, thanks for your time.

Still Your Pal,
Doc

::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/11 at 2:46 pm

Cat and Snozz, I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone but Jessica in that post. She has a real knack(and fetish) for driving me up the wall, especially the way she mocks my political views, which unlike hers, are based on faith and common sense. There are times when I see her posting, and her views seem to be based solely on contradicting me! Gad, I hate when people abuse the First Amendment. I now wish to step out of the debate, thanks for your time.

Still Your Pal,
Doc

The way I see it, you jumped all over her for answering "yes" to your question. I don't see that as mocking your political views.

Cat

Written By: philbo on 05/02/11 at 3:16 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

Fixed your admittedly insane size levels for you.

Even if I weren't better off than I were two years ago, I'd still be blaming the previous incumbent for the sheeshstorm he left behind.

And even if I did think Obama had screwed up over the last two years, there is no way (assuming I were American and able to vote for Romney, Huckabee or Palin) I would even consider such pathetically inept candidates.

What is there about Mitt (slimeball) Romney, Mike "I believe in miracles" Huckabee or Sarah "completely fudgeing lunatic" Palin that you would want to vote for?  I find it almost terminally implausible that anyone can be seriously considering any of them.  For you to then go on and talk about "insane flaming Liberals" is simply stark raving hypocrisy in my book.

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 3:21 pm

Still Your Pal,
Doc

the problem I have is seeing the common sense in your beliefs/views.... mostly I just see hateful rhetoric and obama bashing every chance you get... and I find your posts not only annoying and erratic... they are full of hate and rage and that does little to make want interact with you on any level...it's one thing to have different opinions with someone it's completely another thing to ram your opinions so far down someone's throat they gag on the bitterness of your ideas. 

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 3:22 pm

Fixed your admittedly insane size levels for you.

Even if I weren't better off than I were two years ago, I'd still be blaming the previous incumbent for the sheeshstorm he left behind.

And even if I did think Obama had screwed up over the last two years, there is no way (assuming I were American and able to vote for Romney, Huckabee or Palin) I would even consider such pathetically inept candidates.

What is there about Mitt (slimeball) Romney, Mike "I believe in miracles" Huckabee or Sarah "completely fudgeing lunatic" Palin that you would want to vote for?  I find it almost terminally implausible that anyone can be seriously considering any of them.  For you to then go on and talk about "insane flaming Liberals" is simply stark raving hypocrisy in my book.

my karma button is broken again!!!!  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/11 at 3:30 pm

my karma button is broken again!!!!  :D

Yeah, mine is, too.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 05/02/11 at 3:33 pm

Still Your Pal,
Doc

I barely came back two days ago, so I don't see how I've been posting just to solely aggravate you since I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/02/11 at 4:04 pm

Cat and Snozz, I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone but Jessica in that post. She has a real knack(and fetish) for driving me up the wall, especially the way she mocks my political views, which unlike hers, are based on faith and common sense.

Still Your Pal,
Doc

You are implying that your political views are based on a higher moral imperative that she doesn't possess?

Written By: tv on 05/02/11 at 4:34 pm

No he shouldn't be re-elected. Why?

1.) The Health Care Bill
2.) He didn't tell us why we were in Libya for 3 days. There was no press conference for 3 days about this.
3.) Gives money to Brazil to drill for oil but we don't drill here. Why is that?
4.) An outrageous spending spree(Obama has added more to the debt than Ronald Reagan did in his 8 years as president.)

Basically, I feel like there is a lack of leadership with Obama and he panders to his base too much.

I would rather vote for Romney, Huckabee, or Pawlenty than Obama. I would not vote for Palin, Bachmann, Santorum, Mitch Daniels, or Ron Paul though for different varying reasons.  Maybe Gary Johnson I would vote for though even though I am on the line about him though.

I wish Hillary won the last time and I don't even like her but at least she seems transparent.

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/02/11 at 4:52 pm

Yeah, mine is, too.

Cat

Mine's working fine, I just Karmaed you just because....

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/02/11 at 5:51 pm

You are implying that your political views are based on a higher moral imperative that she doesn't possess?

D&M, Perhaps you did not follow it, but a few months ago I posted an opinion on the long slow decline of Obama's approval rating gaining speed, and Jessica replied to it with nothing but Bush-bashing which had no basis, and when I made a joke in my retort saying that she was not paying attention(if you wish to know to what, see tv's latest post), then her postings became a tirade of Brown-bashing, that is, attacks on me, first for being a Republican, then a conservative, and then even a Christian(she purported herself to be an agnostic at the time).
And just last night, I posted something celebrating the killing of Bin Laden, which she quoted in her reply, but tampered with my words to give credit to almost no one but her apparent idol, one Barack Obama, and excluded nearly everyone else I had mentioned. The only words in reply was the galling line, "Fixed that for ya." I do NOT want my words 'fixed', especially by her, let alone in such a subversive, Michael-Moore-mockumentary style.
So in truth, perhaps I do have a higher moral imperative, I'd like to think so. If Jessica's views are moral, she shows no hint of it, because all her words seem to be based on spewing venom at me. And now, I believe I said I wanted out of this discussion. Although I thank you for reading my side.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 11:17 pm

D&M, Perhaps you did not follow it, but a few months ago I posted an opinion on the long slow decline of Obama's approval rating gaining speed, and Jessica replied to it with nothing but Bush-bashing which had no basis, and when I made a joke in my retort saying that she was not paying attention(if you wish to know to what, see tv's latest post), then her postings became a tirade of Brown-bashing, that is, attacks on me, first for being a Republican, then a conservative, and then even a Christian(she purported herself to be an agnostic at the time).
And just last night, I posted something celebrating the killing of Bin Laden, which she quoted in her reply, but tampered with my words to give credit to almost no one but her apparent idol, one Barack Obama, and excluded nearly everyone else I had mentioned. The only words in reply was the galling line, "Fixed that for ya." I do NOT want my words 'fixed', especially by her, let alone in such a subversive, Michael-Moore-mockumentary style.
So in truth, perhaps I do have a higher moral imperative, I'd like to think so. If Jessica's views are moral, she shows no hint of it, because all her words seem to be based on spewing venom at me. And now, I believe I said I wanted out of this discussion. Although I thank you for reading my side.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

she "corrected" your post because you called Bush the Commander in Chief (he hasn't held that title for a few years now) and you reduced Obama's role to nothing more than a footnote. 

Written By: Creeder on 05/03/11 at 3:15 am

The US needs a republican in charge.

Written By: philbo on 05/03/11 at 3:44 am

The US needs a republican in charge.

..like a fish needs a bicycle?

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 10:09 am

..like a fish needs a bicycle?

I'm losing track of how much karma I owe you  ;D

Written By: philbo on 05/03/11 at 11:00 am

:)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/03/11 at 11:39 am

I'm losing track of how much karma I owe you  ;D

I got him for ya.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/03/11 at 1:18 pm

she "corrected" your post because you called Bush the Commander in Chief (he hasn't held that title for a few years now) and you reduced Obama's role to nothing more than a footnote. 
Obama is and will be nothing more than a footnote in this chapter of our history, it was Bush who quarterbacked the War On Terror for three-fourths of it existence! If we were speaking of World War II, would you completely ignore FDR's leadership for over three years and give full credit to Harry S. Truman simply for dropping 'The Bomb'?
You can rewrite history as you we learn more about it, but you can't edit what has been proven to be true!

Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 1:32 pm

I got him for ya.  ;)

Cat

Thanks.

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 1:39 pm

Obama is and will be nothing more than a footnote in this chapter of our history, it was Bush who quarterbacked the War On Terror for three-fourths of it existence! If we were speaking of World War II, would you completely ignore FDR's leadership for over three years and give full credit to Harry S. Truman simply for dropping 'The Bomb'?
You can rewrite history as you we learn more about it, but you can't edit what has been proven to be true!

Your Pal,
Doc

Speaking of rewriting history and editing what's been proven to be true.... Bush did not consider Bin Laden a priority so how can you give him credit for "accomplishing" a task he never really took on himself:  ::)

neocons are crying now that Bush doesn't get enough credit for Bin Laden's death

all I have in response are some words from Bush himself:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, responding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

I was planning to post that quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/03/11 at 2:05 pm

Speaking of rewriting history and editing what's been proven to be true.... Bush did not consider Bin Laden a priority so how can you give him credit for "accomplishing" a task he never really took on himself:   ::)

You know, I really hate when I get the notice: Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

Cat

Written By: SuperDude526 on 05/03/11 at 3:56 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

Y'know there are a couple of things that set the War on Terror apart from World War II:

1. We didn't start WWII, and we entered it more than halfway through
2. Entering WWII was a good thing for us
3. WWII was winnable
4. We actually won

The irony of this comparison is WWII was the war that turned the 1940s onward into the American Century, the beginning of our country's near-global dominance; the War on Terror marks the end of the American Century.

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 4:50 pm

You know, I really hate when I get the notice: Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

Cat

;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/03/11 at 5:32 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

Well Doc we sure can give FDR credit for the Cold War. My cousin was at Yalta when FDR,  Stalin, and the boyz more or less divvied up what was going to be the postwar world. Got a nice pic of cuz with all the players, he was a military attaché.

Cuz said that "FDR was completely out of his mind, unable to negotiate what to have for lunch much less global politics" by that time, but nobody would call him out for his medical/mental/physical state.  So he gave away the store to the Russkies.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/11 at 6:00 pm

Well Doc we sure can give FDR credit for the Cold War. My cousin was at Yalta when FDR,  Stalin, and the boyz more or less divvied up what was going to be the postwar world. Got a nice pic of cuz with all the players, he was a military attaché.

Cuz said that "FDR was completely out of his mind, unable to negotiate what to have for lunch much less global politics" by that time, but nobody would call him out for his medical/mental/physical state.  So he gave away the store to the Russkies.

"Ask not what you can do for your country; ask what's for lunch."

-- Orson Welles

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/03/11 at 6:51 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

Yes.

As a matter-of-fact I've never been better. But that has absolutely nothing to do with who is president.

I mean, Obama is just a so-so president and Bush was a crap president, but neither one of them had any effect on my life whatsoever. So I've always thought that the whole "Are you better off than you were X years ago" thing was quite dopey.

Having said that, I honestly can't say whether or not I'd vote for Obama in 2012. (I didn't vote for him last time around, BTW.)  I know a lot of people think he's all alpha after the successful operation to terminate Osama bin Laden, but then again everyone felt the same way about George H. W. Bush just after Gulf War I in 1991 and we all know how things turned out for him. Barack Obama is by no means invincible, and if the GOP can drastically reduce the influence of the tea-partiers and nominate a decent RINO then I just might bite.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/11 at 7:34 pm

Doc says he's everybody's pal, and yet, whenever he shows up...
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/03/11 at 7:38 pm

Speaking of rewriting history and editing what's been proven to be true.... Bush did not consider Bin Laden a priority so how can you give him credit for "accomplishing" a task he never really took on himself:   ::)

You're taking that out of context, snozz. Bush was simply stating that getting rid of ALL terrorism was his priority, he was not solely focusing on one man. And his "I am not really concerned about him" line was simply a roundabout way of hinting to the entire Al-Qaeda organization that America cannot be intimidated! Sometimes one has to read between the lines.

Everybody wants to condemn me for my beliefs.
Come on, Max. Even YOU have agreed with me now & then. You see why I don't post in politics very often?
And please, no one accuse me of playing the Devil's Advocate, he doesn't deserve one! I would now like out of this debate.

Doc

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/11 at 7:47 pm

Everybody wants to condemn me for my beliefs.
Come on, Max. Even YOU have agreed with me now & then. You see why I don't post in politics very often?
And please, no one accuse me of playing the Devil's Advocate, he doesn't deserve one! I would now like out of this debate.

Doc

I, uh, I'm just saying your rhetorical habits tend to be rather, erm, temperamental and pugilistic making the Doc Brown valediction a wee bit, shall we say, ironic?
:D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/03/11 at 7:58 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

I knew this guy in the Army who'd go up to you and ask if you were his "pal," and if you said yes he'd say, "You're my personal ass licker?"      :o

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/03/11 at 8:02 pm

If I sound 'pugilistic', Max, it is purely defensive. And yes I get temperamental because sometimes I can't even post a smiley around here about what I believe in without Jessica or Snozzberries using their next post to kick me in the teeth!
Last I heard, this was supposed to be a room where anyone could come in and say what they thought, within reason, but many who disagree with me(especially those two, whose attitudes are almost militantly against me) me feel pretty dang unwelcome.
I came here a few years ago making friends with everyone I met, but now, these two seem to be leading a campaign to tell everyone that I am their enemy, and sometimes their attacks can get extremely personal. Now, PLEASE, let me walk out of this debate with some semblance of my dignity!

Your Battered & Beleaguered Pal,
Doc

:(

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 8:52 pm

You're taking that out of context, snozz. Bush was simply stating that getting rid of ALL terrorism was his priority, he was not solely focusing on one man. And his "I am not really concerned about him" line was simply a roundabout way of hinting to the entire Al-Qaeda organization that America cannot be intimidated! Sometimes one has to read between the lines.

Doc

why is it you are so willing to "read between the lines" where bush is concerned but refuse to budge an inch when we speak about President Obama?

AND THERE'S ONLY ONE Z IN SNOZ!  >:(

Written By: Jessica on 05/03/11 at 9:27 pm

If I sound 'pugilistic', Max, it is purely defensive. And yes I get temperamental because sometimes I can't even post a smiley around here about what I believe in without Jessica or Snozzberries using their next post to kick me in the teeth!
Last I heard, this was supposed to be a room where anyone could come in and say what they thought, within reason, but many who disagree with me(especially those two, whose attitudes are almost militantly against me) me feel pretty dang unwelcome.
I came here a few years ago making friends with everyone I met, but now, these two seem to be leading a campaign to tell everyone that I am their enemy, and sometimes their attacks can get extremely personal. Now, PLEASE, let me walk out of this debate with some semblance of my dignity!

Doc

I LOL at this heartily, considering the fact you sent me a suck up PM about calling a truce, yet you still keep on talking that BS about me persecuting you.

Written By: Jessica on 05/03/11 at 9:44 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Oh yeah, and because I'm done with my day, I did some digging.  Have fun reading past posts!  I especially like the part where you tell me I'm hell-bound because I was an Atheist! :)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=39419.msg2320961#msg2320961

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 10:20 pm

I LOL at this heartily, considering the fact you sent me a suck up PM about calling a truce, yet you still keep on talking that BS about me persecuting you.

I'm so glad I don't get those PMs anymore!

Written By: Jessica on 05/03/11 at 10:24 pm

I'm so glad I don't get those PMs anymore!

Nor do I.....now. ;D

Oooh, I found the other thread I was thinking of!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=37592.msg2108522#msg2108522

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 10:27 pm

Nor do I.....now. ;D

Oooh, I found the other thread I was thinking of!

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=37592.msg2108522#msg2108522

yeah... typical Doc...  but what a great night for the rest of us... couldn't you just feel the love and commrodity as we all put aside our differences to come together for one common goal... ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/11 at 10:45 pm

Doc

Okay, but I don't have to do this, you know.  I'm only doing it because I have a reputation to uphold as a swell guy.

I hereby permit Doc Brown to walk out of this debate with some semblance of his dignity.

That's a freebie.  I can't make any guarantees for the future so's you know, let's just be cool.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/sqcold.gif

I knew this guy in the Army who'd go up to you and ask if you were his "pal," and if you said yes he'd say, "You're my personal ass licker?"      :o

Maybe you were stationed with my friend Scott Hay from the sixth grade!
:P

Written By: philbo on 05/04/11 at 4:42 am

If I sound 'pugilistic', Max, it is purely defensive.... Now, PLEASE, let me walk out of this debate with some semblance of my dignity!

There is a definite difference between how you see your interaction on this forum and how it comes across to everyone else.

You post some things that are pure and simply ill-thought-out rubbish, and your reaction when this is pointed out is to claim attacks and some kind of victim status.

If you want to leave with dignity, it is far more dignified to admit you've been wrong about something and move on than it is to whinge about people being against you.  You really do need to reassess some of your deeply-held beliefs (and here I mean political rather than simply religious.. though actually giving the latter some analytical thought can never be a bad thing) because you're taking faith-based positions on matters that are easily proven not to be correct.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/04/11 at 10:23 am

There is a definite difference between how you see your interaction on this forum and how it comes across to everyone else.

You post some things that are pure and simply ill-thought-out rubbish, and your reaction when this is pointed out is to claim attacks and some kind of victim status.

If you want to leave with dignity, it is far more dignified to admit you've been wrong about something and move on than it is to whinge about people being against you.  You really do need to reassess some of your deeply-held beliefs (and here I mean political rather than simply religious.. though actually giving the latter some analytical thought can never be a bad thing) because you're taking faith-based positions on matters that are easily proven not to be correct.

Yeah, and in an extremely "in your face" manner

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/11 at 11:45 am

Nice weather we are having.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 05/04/11 at 12:45 pm

Nice weather we are having.

Cat

Yes, it's quite lovely over here, but so darned cold still. :P

Hello, Mother Nature?  Yes, it's SPRING now.  Please shut off the Winter.

Written By: philbo on 05/04/11 at 1:00 pm

Yes, it's quite lovely over here, but so darned cold still. :P

Hello, Mother Nature?  Yes, it's SPRING now.  Please shut off the Winter.

I think we've got it over here- just had the warmest April since records began, and it's still pretty hot.

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/04/11 at 3:31 pm

Maybe you were stationed with my friend Scott Hay from the sixth grade!
:P

Thanks, Max. And for your sake, I hope Scott never reads this post! 8-P

Jessica, Please! check the times and take note of which post came first! Maybe I explained it all to Max this way because of something else SNOZ said, And now she's jumping on me for an extra Z in her name! If it's all the same, I would like, from now on, for us to simply agree to disagree. Can we do that?

Besides, Max has reminded us about what really matters:
http://memebase.com/2011/05/02/memes-osama-bin-laden/
Later, folks!

Some People's Pal,
Doc

Written By: Jessica on 05/04/11 at 4:22 pm

Thanks, Max. And for your sake, I hope Scott never reads this post! 8-P

Jessica, Please! check the times and take note of which post came first! Maybe I explained it all to Max this way because of something else SNOZ said, And now she's jumping on me for an extra Z in her name! If it's all the same, I would like, from now on, for us to simply agree to disagree. Can we do that?

Besides, Max has reminded us about what really matters:
http://memebase.com/2011/05/02/memes-osama-bin-laden/
Later, folks!

Some People's Pal,
Doc

I was talking about the post I quoted, dude.  You wrote it the day after the PM.  Contrary to popular belief, I do have a brain rattling around in this fat head of mine, and the dates and times were the first thing I checked.  So yeah.  You were still bleating on about being attacked by me the day after you sent the PM asking for a truce.

As for attacking you, let me send you back to that magical time when you called me an "ignorant slut" and a "commie" merely because I said Palin was a twat.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my day.  It is warm outside now and the sun is calling me.

Written By: philbo on 05/04/11 at 4:27 pm

As for attacking you, let me send you back to that magical time when you called me an "ignorant slut" and a "commie" merely because I said Palin was a twat.

Well, if you're going to compliment Palin in such an effusive way...

<ducks>

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/11 at 4:28 pm

I was talking about the post I quoted, dude.  You wrote it the day after the PM.  Contrary to popular belief, I do have a brain rattling around in this fat head of mine, and the dates and times were the first thing I checked.  So yeah.  You were still bleating on about being attacked by me the day after you sent the PM asking for a truce.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my day.  It is warm outside now and the sun is calling me.

If you're gonna make statements and get the song stuck in my head I'm gonna post it here so it can be stuck in yours as well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaCCG7QkM_c

Written By: SuperDude526 on 05/04/11 at 7:29 pm

If you're gonna make statements and get the song stuck in my head I'm gonna post it here so it can be stuck in yours as well...

Holy moly, the Brady Bunch!?  Wow, haven't seen those guys since the '90s at least, did they take reruns off the air at some point in the millennials or something?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/05/11 at 10:42 am

Oh great. Now YOU are going to get that song in my head all day. Well, I guess paybacks huh?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/05/11 at 11:26 am

Can I take back the karma I just gave you? ;)

I didn't even watch/listen to the damn thing and the song's stuck 8-P

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/11 at 12:46 pm

Oh great. Now YOU are going to get that song in my head all day. Well, I guess paybacks huh?  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Exactly.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/11 at 12:47 pm

Can I take back the karma I just gave you? ;)

I didn't even watch/listen to the damn thing and the song's stuck 8-P

Ha ha ha.  And NOPE  :P

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/06/11 at 12:24 am

Yeah, I am, too.  And I was actually worried that Obama was going to live up to all the stuff the hippies wanted, until the debates.  

The funny thing about the 2008 campaign was that Obama was the only guy campaigning on doing what Wall Street wanted, namely carrying out the Bernanke/Paulson/Geithner bailout plan.  During the Presidential debates, McCain got his talking points... well, I don't know where he got 'em, but he lost the Street during the debates (heck, we even had some threads here back in 2008) and he lost the election.  And if Wall Street ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Seriously, dude, stop taking everything so seriously.  It's just politics.  Trillions of dollars up in smoke, billions shoveled to campaign donors, millions of lives ruined, thousands killed, and not a one of us has any appreciable say in how it plays out.  Win, lose, draw, it's just a game.  Treat your jousting opponent with respect, no matter how vehemently you may disagree with 'em.  (And always question your teammates, no matter how fervently you may agree with 'em.)  Your preferred candidate's opponent probably wouldn't have done much worse.

But the whole lunging forward only to backpedal furiously?  That's fail.  At least make it funny.  If you're going to open, for example, by arguing for the nuclear annihilation of the spotted owls, and some environmentalist suggests that your approach might be a bit wasteful, don't say it's just a joke.  At least admit the environmentalist has a point, and that you're taking a moderate position, like the barbecuing of spotted owls, as long as you get to use old-growth forest to make the charcoal.  Spotted owls are rare, and if you're gonna eat 'em, you use the good charcoal, do you not?  Such an approach would, after all, result in tasty owls for everyone, and leave enough of the forest standing for future logging endeavors.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/11 at 11:08 am

Yeah, I am, too.  And I was actually worried that Obama was going to live up to all the stuff the hippies wanted, until the debates.  

The funny thing about the 2008 campaign was that Obama was the only guy campaigning on doing what Wall Street wanted, namely carrying out the Bernanke/Paulson/Geithner bailout plan.  During the Presidential debates, McCain got his talking points... well, I don't know where he got 'em, but he lost the Street during the debates (heck, we even had some threads here back in 2008) and he lost the election.  And if Wall Street ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Seriously, dude, stop taking everything so seriously.  It's just politics.  Trillions of dollars up in smoke, billions shoveled to campaign donors, millions of lives ruined, thousands killed, and not a one of us has any appreciable say in how it plays out.  Win, lose, draw, it's just a game.  Treat your jousting opponent with respect, no matter how vehemently you may disagree with 'em.  (And always question your teammates, no matter how fervently you may agree with 'em.)  Your preferred candidate's opponent probably wouldn't have done much worse.

But the whole lunging forward only to backpedal furiously?  That's fail.  At least make it funny.  If you're going to open, for example, by arguing for the nuclear annihilation of the spotted owls, and some environmentalist suggests that your approach might be a bit wasteful, don't say it's just a joke.  At least admit the environmentalist has a point, and that you're taking a moderate position, like the barbecuing of spotted owls, as long as you get to use old-growth forest to make the charcoal.  Spotted owls are rare, and if you're gonna eat 'em, you use the good charcoal, do you not?  Such an approach would, after all, result in tasty owls for everyone, and leave enough of the forest standing for future logging endeavors.

Oh great. Now I'm in the mood for barbeque owl.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/11 at 4:13 pm

The thing about the "hippies" is they were a loose affiliation of idealists, hedonists, intellectuals, revolutionaries, spiritualists, dopers, drop-outs, and what-have-you.  A great many were highly suggestible and later became Born Again Christians, Scientologists, Libertarians, and Objectivists.  What a hippie wanted when he was 22 rarely turned out to be what he wanted when he was 42 or 62.

Steve Jobs just happened to have some great ideas about computers.  The radical Yippie Jerry Rubin went to Wall Street and made a fortune and became a devout capitalist.  Stewart Brand, editor of the back-to-the-land hippie bible, the Whole Earth Catalog, is now an avid pro-nuker.  Ben & Jerry made some great ice cream.

Now, if Obama could deliver on the pop culture notions of what the hippies wanted -- world peace, no government, no money system, peaceful cooperation and good will among all people, all the great drugs and sex you can handle -- I think you'd enjoy it just as much as the next fellow!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/elkgrin.gif

Written By: SuperDude526 on 05/07/11 at 7:25 am

Personally I'm in it for the environmental causes.

Written By: tv on 05/07/11 at 7:28 pm

The funny thing about the 2008 campaign was that Obama was the only guy campaigning on doing what Wall Street wanted, namely carrying out the Bernanke/Paulson/Geithner bailout plan.  During the Presidential debates, McCain got his talking points... well, I don't know where he got 'em, but he lost the Street during the debates (heck, we even had some threads here back in 2008) and he lost the election.  And if Wall Street ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.Seriously, dude, stop taking everything so seriously.  It's just politics.  Trillions of dollars up in smoke, billions shoveled to campaign donors, millions of lives ruined, thousands killed, and not a one of us has any appreciable say in how it plays out.  Win, lose, draw, it's just a game.  Treat your jousting opponent with respect, no matter how vehemently you may disagree with 'em.  (And always question your teammates, no matter how fervently you may agree with 'em.)  Your preferred candidate's opponent probably wouldn't have done much worse.

Wall Street? Wall Street is in New York and 1984 was the last time a Republican President won New York State in terms of electoral votes. Winning New York State doesn't mean nothing in a Presidential Election.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/07/11 at 9:36 pm

Wall Street? Wall Street is in New York and 1984 was the last time a Republican President won New York State in terms of electoral votes. Winning New York State doesn't mean nothing in a Presidential Election.

My point exactly.  Why does anybody think that it matters to Wall Street (or, for that matter, Main Street) whether the Mayor, Governor, or President has a jackass or an elephant on his campaign literature?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/08/11 at 4:59 pm

My point exactly.  Why does anybody think that it matters to Wall Street (or, for that matter, Main Street) whether the Mayor, Governor, or President has a jackass or an elephant on his campaign literature?

It's rigged at the POTUS level so that he who would act against Wall Street's interests can never get the money to win the election.  Wouldn't matter if it was Ron Paul or Bernie Sanders.  Wall Street is in the driver's seat and you're Mary Jo Kopechne!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Written By: philbo on 05/09/11 at 11:18 am

..just when you thought it couldn't get much more surreal..

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/266730/gingrich-will-announce-presidential-run-wednesday-katrina-trinko

Another really credible Republican candidate.  Not.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/09/11 at 11:27 am

..just when you thought it couldn't get much more surreal..

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/266730/gingrich-will-announce-presidential-run-wednesday-katrina-trinko

Another really credible Republican candidate.  Not.

Gotta love how they make an announcement that they are going to make an announcement that an announcement will be coming later.

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/09/11 at 10:46 pm

Gotta love how they make an announcement that they are going to make an announcement that an announcement will be coming later.

Yo dawg, I heard you liked announcements...

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/10/11 at 10:03 am

Announcement to follow...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/10/11 at 11:34 am

There you go, talking about my sister again.  ;) :D

Cat

Written By: philbo on 05/10/11 at 12:04 pm

..brings me back round to the question: is there a Republican candidate even close to the calibre required to challenge Obama?  Not so much "in the same ballpark" but "on the same planet"?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/10/11 at 12:35 pm

..brings me back round to the question: is there a Republican candidate even close to the calibre required to challenge Obama?  Not so much "in the same ballpark" but "on the same planet"?

Not really. The only ones who are close (at this point in time) are Tim Pawlenty & Rick Santorum and that is stretching it REALLY far.

Cat

Written By: tv on 05/10/11 at 12:52 pm

Yeah but Obama's approval ratings were medicocre(like 45%) before the Bin Laden thing gave him a temporary jump in his approval ratings. Even Obama's approval with hispanics he was shedding hispanics popularity wise like so steadily before the Bin Laden thing. You guys are making like Obama has JFK like approval ratings.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/10/11 at 12:56 pm

Yeah but Obama's approval ratings were medicocre(like 45%) before the Bin Laden thing gave him a temporary jump in his approval ratings. Even Obama's approval with hispanics he was shedding hispanics popularity wise like so steadily before the Bin Laden thing. You guys are making like Obama has JFK like approval ratings.

...and Republicans are making like bush actually did some good. 

Written By: tv on 05/10/11 at 1:00 pm

Not really. The only ones who are close (at this point in time) are Tim Pawlenty & Rick Santorum and that is stretching it REALLY far.

Cat
I could vote for Rick if he wasn't with the extreme right on the issue of abortion.

Written By: tv on 05/10/11 at 1:04 pm

...and Republicans are making like bush actually did some good. 
I was not pleased with Bush(W.) either in his last few years as president. I voted for Bush(W.) in 2004 and Obama in 2008 and both of them were/are dissapointments in those presidential terms.

Written By: philbo on 05/10/11 at 4:04 pm

That's 100% typical of right-wing American politics: I ask for something (anything!) positive about potential Republican offerings, and all you can come back with is negative stuff about Obama.

Ignore Obama then - who is there on the right who might conceivably mount a realistic challenge?  Who is the very best they have at the moment?  Because every single potential presidential candidate mentioned so far has been utterly laughable.  Obama, or Daffy Duck for that matter, would have to be catastrophically bad to lose to any of them.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/10/11 at 4:06 pm

I was not pleased with Bush(W.) either in his last few years as president. I voted for Bush(W.) in 2004 and Obama in 2008 and both of them were/are dissapointments in those presidential terms.

I'd still rather have Obama than McCain/Pallin, even though I too am disappointed with Obama.

Written By: philbo on 05/10/11 at 4:20 pm

I'm hugely disappointed with Obama, too - and I started off with fairly low expectations.

He was far more effective as a campaigner than he has been as a president.. but McCain/Palin as a ticket was a disaster waiting to happen.  If McCain had got elected, and done basically what Obama has, I'd be breathing a huge sigh of relief that the world was still relatively intact.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/10/11 at 4:28 pm

I'm hugely disappointed with Obama, too - and I started off with fairly low expectations.

He was far more effective as a campaigner than he has been as a president.. but McCain/Palin as a ticket was a disaster waiting to happen.  If McCain had got elected, and done basically what Obama has, I'd be breathing a huge sigh of relief that the world was still relatively intact.

I shiver imagining McCain bungling to and fro in a senile haze while Palin belts out inane malapropisms at state functions!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/unhappy.gif

Written By: tv on 05/10/11 at 4:51 pm

That's 100% typical of right-wing American politics: I ask for something (anything!) positive about potential Republican offerings, and all you can come back with is negative stuff about Obama.

Ignore Obama then - who is there on the right who might conceivably mount a realistic challenge?  Who is the very best they have at the moment?  Because every single potential presidential candidate mentioned so far has been utterly laughable.  Obama, or Daffy Duck for that matter, would have to be catastrophically bad to lose to any of them.
Wasn't the same thing said about the 1992 Presidential Dem Party Nominees that was said about the Republican Field now? We got Bill Clinton out of that deal in 1992 which wasn't bad. You think Romney or Huckabee couldn't beat Obama? I think they could.

Written By: tv on 05/10/11 at 4:54 pm

McCain should have picked John Thune or Pawlenty as his vice president not Palin.

Written By: philbo on 05/10/11 at 5:10 pm

Wasn't the same thing said about the 1992 Presidential Dem Party Nominees that was said about the Republican Field now? We got Bill Clinton out of that deal in 1992 which wasn't bad. You think Romney or Huckabee couldn't beat Obama? I think they could.

There wasn't much of an internet back in 92, so I didn't get anything like the background info about US politics as I do today.

You can't really be serious about Romney & Huckabee, can you?  One is slimier than the nastiest of things you might get on the underside of your shoe, and the other's a cretinous creationist whose reply when running 50 points behind was "I believe in miracles".. neither of them managed to beat McCain, let alone Obama.

McCain should have picked John Thune or Pawlenty as his vice president not Palin.

McCain should have picked Tina Fey as his running mate, not Palin.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/10/11 at 5:34 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D Karma for making me laugh.

I can see Russia from my house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_S4rSFna4U

Cat

Written By: Brian06 on 05/11/11 at 3:09 am

Well there's no way in hell I'm voting for Huckabee or Romney, so yes I will probably vote for Obama again in 2012.

Written By: philbo on 05/11/11 at 5:06 am

;D ;D ;D ;D Karma for making me laugh.

:)

IMHO, Tina Fey's Palin was the best thing to come out of the '08 election campaign.

Written By: tv on 05/11/11 at 3:31 pm

There wasn't much of an internet back in 92, so I didn't get anything like the background info about US politics as I do today.

You can't really be serious about Romney & Huckabee, can you?  One is slimier than the nastiest of things you might get on the underside of your shoe, and the other's a cretinous creationist whose reply when running 50 points behind was "I believe in miracles".. neither of them managed to beat McCain, let alone Obama.
Phil thats not even funny.

Written By: tv on 05/11/11 at 3:41 pm

Please some of the liberal dems are alot slimier than Romney. Was Obama slimy when he tried to play poliitical football with the immigration issue yesterday? I admit its a good startegy for Obama to nail the GOP on the immigration issue but in the end its just a game of political football.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/11/11 at 3:44 pm

Phil thats not even funny.

Yes it is.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: philbo on 05/12/11 at 4:25 am

Please some of the liberal dems are alot slimier than Romney.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave earlier

The general sliminess of politicians of any stripe is not relevant to whether a particular Republican is an appropriate calibre for a presidential candidate.

Was Obama slimy when he tried to play poliitical football with the immigration issue yesterday? I admit its a good startegy for Obama to nail the GOP on the immigration issue but in the end its just a game of political football.

Haven't seen any US news over the last couple of days, so I'll withhold judgment on that.

..but Obama would need a transplant of slug glands to approach Romney's slime levels

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/12/11 at 10:18 pm

Three concepts I do not want to hear in the same sentence: "Tim and Rick", "stretching it really far", and "Santorum".

Yo dcanine, karma, 'cuz you just evened things out :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/12/11 at 10:24 pm

I shiver imagining McCain bungling to and fro in a senile haze while Palin belts out inane malapropisms at state functions!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/unhappy.gif

So what's the downside?  That's the upside.

I hate to be ageist, but McCain was the right candidate for 2000, and with a good running mate, could have been a credible candidate in 2008.  With Palin as his running mate, and his age, he was not a credible candidate for 2008.  President McCain?  President Palin?  Packing my bags unless I know damn well who's pulling her strings, and nobody knew who was managing her.  If she couldn't stay on message during a campaign, what hope would her handlers have had, Dobbs Forbid, if she'd accidentally found herself President.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/12/11 at 10:44 pm

So what's the downside?  That's the upside.

I hate to be ageist, but McCain was the right candidate for 2000, and with a good running mate, could have been a credible candidate in 2008.  With Palin as his running mate, and his age, he was not a credible candidate for 2008.  President McCain?  President Palin?  Packing my bags unless I know damn well who's pulling her strings, and nobody knew who was managing her.  If she couldn't stay on message during a campaign, what hope would her handlers have had, Dobbs Forbid, if she'd accidentally found herself President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/12/11 at 11:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv13ZnkpWos

That's just the single.  I wanted the extended version! Fine, I'll

sO53AXUdeV0

Bonzo Goes to Washington, 5 Minutes, ca. 1984.

The difference between Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, McCain, and Palin, is that Palin wouldn't have known whether she was joking or not.  Fortunately, it never came to that.

Written By: Hud on 05/13/11 at 12:05 am

This is rather a trick question, with the presupposition.

Written By: tv on 05/13/11 at 12:47 pm

So what's the downside?  That's the upside.

I hate to be ageist, but McCain was the right candidate for 2000, and with a good running mate, could have been a credible candidate in 2008.  With Palin as his running mate, and his age, he was not a credible candidate for 2008.  President McCain?  President Palin?  Packing my bags unless I know damn well who's pulling her strings, and nobody knew who was managing her.  If she couldn't stay on message during a campaign, what hope would her handlers have had, Dobbs Forbid, if she'd accidentally found herself President.
I think  there was a generational gap with voters with McCain in 2008. Obama won ages 18-29 voters 66%-32% in 2008.  Obama was just hip to young people where as McCain was from the "old guard" if you will to later xers/generation Y people.

I agree with your comment about Palin and her handlers too during the 2008 presidential campaign.

Check for new replies or respond here...