» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bin Laden Kicks Off....

Written By: Jessica on 05/01/11 at 9:47 pm

See ya in hell, bitch!

Subject: Re: Bin Laden Kicks Off....

Written By: Dagwood on 05/01/11 at 9:55 pm

I agree....buh bye Bin Laden.  You most definitely won't be missed.

Written By: snozberries on 05/01/11 at 9:55 pm

WHOO HOO!!!

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/01/11 at 9:57 pm

Proof that had Bush focused on Afghanistan that Bin Laden would have been gone a long time ago. Unless of course they found him in Iraq... but I'm guessing they didn't.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/01/11 at 9:57 pm

Bush didn't think Bin Laden was a priority.  Barak has his priorities straight..RIGHT!  

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/01/11 at 9:58 pm

OK, so I was one day, a few thousand miles, and the wrong whackjob away, but now let me say it right.

PWNED!

Written By: Jessica on 05/01/11 at 10:02 pm

OK, so I was one day, a few thousand miles, and the wrong whackjob away, but now let me say it right.

PWNED!

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

Crap.  I owe you one.

I'm drinking in celebration. :D

Honestly, I'm usually sad or upset when bad things happen, but this headshot couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/11 at 10:03 pm

They could have atleast waited to break the news until The Donald fired someone.

Written By: Milkof1996 on 05/01/11 at 10:18 pm

Osama needs to step his game up is Hide N go seek!

Written By: saver on 05/01/11 at 10:27 pm

Anyone else hear the gates of hell screech extra loud this evening?
Who gets the reward for his body?  The U.S. gives itself the reward?

Now his minions are feared to retaliate..everyone ...hide!
(Just wondering if this awakes U.S. sleeper cells? I swear if taxi's and hotdog vending carts start exploding...THEN we'll see 'who's' profiling?!)
as the'kids' say jk.

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/01/11 at 10:35 pm

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Yes, it took us almost 10 years to find and kill the bastard, but that's the blink of an eye compared to the 3,000,000,000,000 he'll now spend burning in Hell! No one on this Earth should shed any tears for him, and as a bonus, the tyrannical regimes of the Taliban of Afghanistan, Hussein's Ba'ath party of Iraq have been toppled, and the good people of Egypt and Lybia are now rising up to claim their freedom. I want to thank Commander-In-Chief George W. Bush, the CIA, DHS, NSA, FBI and every last member of the United States Armed Forces(with honorable mention to Barack Obama for getting us out of the Iraq civil war) for all the effort, courage, and raw determination that made this victory possible. This day will go down in history just like the end of WWI & II, the Persian Gulf War, the War Between The States, and The American Revolution. And now, we'll have something new and wonderful to celebrate this 4th Of July!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: snozberries on 05/01/11 at 10:35 pm

They could have atleast waited to break the news until The Donald fired someone.

as I told Dag on FB I think they killed him two days ago but Pres. Obama said to wait until 15 minutes were left in Apprentice to break the news..... just so he could screw with Trump  :D

Written By: Milkof1996 on 05/01/11 at 10:44 pm

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Yes, it took us almost 10 years to find and kill the bastard, but that's the blink of an eye compared to the 3,000,000,000,000 he'll now spend burning in Hell! No one on this Earth should shed any tears for him, and as a bonus, the tyrannical regimes of the Taliban of Afghanistan, Hussein's Ba'ath party of Iraq have been toppled, and the good people of Egypt and Lybia are now rising up to claim their freedom. I want to thank Commander-In-Chief George W. Bush, the CIA, DHS, NSA, FBI and every last member of the United States Armed Forces(with honorable mention to Barack Obama for getting us out of the Iraq civil war) for all the effort, courage, and raw determination that made this victory possible. This day will go down in history just like the end of WWI & II, the Persian Gulf War, the War Between The States, and The American Revolution. And now, we'll have something new and wonderful to celebrate this 4th Of July!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

America has Grown A giant Steel pair now. This is the BEST Pre-Birthday present ever!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/11 at 10:55 pm

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

One less murdering sick sonofabitch on the face of the Earth and one more sorry ass punk getting pan-seared in hell!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Written By: Jessica on 05/01/11 at 10:59 pm

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

I want to thank Commander-In-Chief Barack Obama, the CIA, DHS, NSA, FBI and every last member of the United States Armed Forces for all the effort, courage, and raw determination that made this victory possible.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Fixed that for ya.

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/01/11 at 11:03 pm

Fixed that for ya.

On a night of such victory, you seriously want to start a fight? UN-FIX IT! If you listened to Obama's statement last night, he graciously gave George W. proper credit for his role in this victory, just as you never would. Beyond that, he gave all the remaining credit to the CIA and our Armed Forces. Just like you, I don't appreciate my words being twisted around, especially in this Michael-Moore-style.

Doc
>:(

Written By: Jessica on 05/01/11 at 11:05 pm

On a night of such victory, you seriously want to start a fight? UN-FIX IT! If you listened to Obama's statement last night, he graciously gave George W. proper credit for his role in this victory, just as you never would. Beyond that, he gave all the remaining credit to the CIA and our Armed Forces. Just like you, I don't appreciate my words being twisted around, especially in this Michael-Moore-style.

Doc

Where's my small violin.......

Written By: SuperDude526 on 05/01/11 at 11:06 pm

I don't feel comfortable calling it the Iraq Civil War when we were the ones who started it.

Written By: Jessica on 05/01/11 at 11:07 pm

I don't feel comfortable calling it the Iraq Civil War when we were the ones who started it.

Karma for ye!

*goes back to celebrating*

Written By: Jessica on 05/01/11 at 11:08 pm

*cackle*

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/11 at 11:09 pm

Where's my small violin.......

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif

Written By: Jessica on 05/01/11 at 11:09 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif

:D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/01/11 at 11:58 pm

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead!  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/02/11 at 12:48 am

UK Prime Minister David Cameron has hailed the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden as "a great success".

"The news that Osama Bin Laden is dead will bring great relief to people across the world," Mr Cameron said in a statement hours after the news was confirmed by US President Barack Obama.

He said it was "a time to remember all those murdered" by Bin Laden.

Written By: joeman on 05/02/11 at 1:06 am

Thank God Osama is dead.

USA...USA...USA...USA!

Written By: danootaandme on 05/02/11 at 3:55 am

Fixed that for ya.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/multi.gif

The truth shall set you free

Written By: Paul on 05/02/11 at 4:42 am

UK Prime Minister David Cameron has hailed the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden as "a great success".

I suppose he can afford to be a little smug...

This is the self-same David Cameron who was almost crucified early this year when implying that Pakistan wasn't exactly punching its weight on terrorist issues...

...yet where did they find this bloke? Just outside Islamabad!

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/02/11 at 6:01 am

Glad to see that this skid mark on the underwear of the world has finally been rubbed out.

They really should have done something memorable with his body.  Like throwing it into a pen of ravenous pigs, feed it into a wood chipper, or shaving him completely and putting him on display, impaled on a pike, in front of the Pakistani Embassy in DC.  Or perhaps all of these in reverse order.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/02/11 at 7:37 am

Doc

he gave GW proper credit for his role. Why? Did they find him in Baghdad?

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 8:27 am

Fixed that for ya.

Karma!!!  ;D

Written By: SuperDude526 on 05/02/11 at 9:08 am

Glad to see that this skid mark on the underwear of the world has finally been rubbed out.

They really should have done something memorable with his body.  Like throwing it into a pen of ravenous pigs, feed it into a wood chipper, or shaving him completely and putting him on display, impaled on a pike, in front of the Pakistani Embassy in DC.  Or perhaps all of these in reverse order.

Which of course would be a truly wonderful way of mending our relationship with the Arab world.

Written By: philbo on 05/02/11 at 9:48 am

While I don't think there are many people that the world would be better off without than Osama, I find the whole triumphalist "yee ha"-ishness of a lot of what I've seen on television (and, to be honest, here) disappointing.  Yes, he's dead and that's probably a good thing.. but cheering about someone's death is never a good thing to be doing.

Which of course would be a truly wonderful way of mending our relationship with the Arab world.

Exactly.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/11 at 11:11 am

While I don't think there are many people that the world would be better off without than Osama, I find the whole triumphalist "yee ha"-ishness of a lot of what I've seen on television (and, to be honest, here) disappointing.  Yes, he's dead and that's probably a good thing.. but cheering about someone's death is never a good thing to be doing.
Exactly.

I couldn't agree more.

I can't get all fired up about this like some people are. I'm not saying that I am sorry that he is gone-but I think justice would have been better served if they captured him alive and stuck him in prison until he rotted. Now, he will become a martyr and may actually be more dangerous. And there is no way to get rid of a martyr. But, it really shouldn't have taken 10 years to do so. But, Dubya made going into Iraq a priority rather than cutting off the head of the snake. Now, I think that snake has more heads than it did 10 years ago.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 1:06 pm

I don't know I'm thinking the man lived in a cave for 10 yrs. I think he could've done solitary confinement standing on his head....

plus we spent enough money on the war would've have really been worth spending more to feed and house him for however many years he had left? 

Plus I'm happy he's dead and I'm not ashamed of that. 

Written By: Jessica on 05/02/11 at 1:07 pm

I don't know I'm thinking the man lived in a cave for 10 yrs. I think he could've done solitary confinement standing on his head....

plus we spent enough money on the war would've have really been worth spending more to feed and house him for however many years he had left? 

Plus I'm happy he's dead and I'm not ashamed of that. 

They killed him in a mansion, so I'm sort of doubting the whole cave thing now. :o

Written By: whistledog on 05/02/11 at 1:09 pm

http://urlybits.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Osama-Is-Dead.gif

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 1:09 pm

They killed him in a mansion, so I'm sort of doubting the whole cave thing now. :o

oh... I missed that part..... well lets just say he looked awfully comfortable in those cave videos....

oh and before I forget to post this again...

;D

http://www.remixthevideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/KDssc.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 05/02/11 at 1:10 pm

http://www.thecitrusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/osama_bin_laden_killed-605x665.png

Written By: whistledog on 05/02/11 at 1:14 pm

;D

Written By: danootaandme on 05/02/11 at 1:22 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/02/11 at 1:44 pm

enough, Enough, ENOUGH!

What is wrong with you people!? Considering most of you are my friends, I'm trying not to be judgemental. But I'm glad you are not all Catholic, at this rate you'd have Obama beatified before John Paul II!

The man was simply lucky to be sitting in the White House when the right information came along! I am not giving any major credit to anyone there, the real congradulations should go to the CIA for locating Bin Laden, and to the Navy Seals for going in and killing him. Let's be fair here.

And furthermore, every American in their right mind knows that every time you put Bush down for the Iraq invasion, you're making Saddam sound like angel, which we all know is not true. The man threatened us we had seen him use on his own people, so even though he turned out to be bluffing, no one but his thuggocracy knew that. So what was Bush supposed to do? Sit back and laugh at Saddam, waiting for him to order an attack that could have been WORSE than 9/11? Saddam was an idiot, but Bush used his head and killed that viper BEFORE he could bite us, especially as we were still reeling from what Bin Laden did.

Now let's stop assigning blame and tossing credit around like confetti at New Year's. Both Hussien and Osama are dead and facing judgement, and the entire human race is better off without both of them!

God Bless America,
Doc

:)

P.S.: Whistle, I think your clip of Obama's John Wayne act is ridiculous, but karma to you for Waldo Bin Hidin'! :D

Written By: Jessica on 05/02/11 at 2:07 pm

Actually, I AM Catholic.

*snicker*

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/02/11 at 2:27 pm

Actually, I AM Catholic.
*snicker*

Well, like I said, not all Catholic.

Congradulations on finding religion since the last time we debated. I am a practicing Baptist, and I have nothing against Catholics, except for the priests who have abused children and the terrorists in Ireland. I hope we can discuss things with more civility in the future, but please, don't start any "St. Barack" nonsense! ;)

Hopefully Soon Your Pal,
Doc

Written By: philbo on 05/02/11 at 3:18 pm

And furthermore, every American in their right mind knows that every time you put Bush down for the Iraq invasion, you're making Saddam sound like angel, which we all know is not true.

You really talk some utter sheeshe at times, don't you?

Written By: Jessica on 05/02/11 at 3:50 pm

Well, like I said, not all Catholic.

Congradulations on finding religion since the last time we debated. I am a practicing Baptist, and I have nothing against Catholics, except for the priests who have abused children and the terrorists in Ireland. I hope we can discuss things with more civility in the future, but please, don't start any "St. Barack" nonsense! ;)

Hopefully Soon Your Pal,
Doc

Are you bipolar or something?  In the other thread, you were professing how much you disliked me, and in this thread you're trying to be my buddy.  I am intrigued. ???

As to my religion, I've always been Catholic.  I just don't practice it any longer.  I'm now a reverend for a church that loves EVERYONE and embraces ALL faiths and practices, but I still prefer the smaller church of the Sexy Jesus Love Cult, which is restricted in its membership for now.

Written By: RG1995 on 05/02/11 at 3:52 pm

;D

On to the issue, for the first time in awhile, I am proud to be an American. Seeing the college kids celebrating with American flags infront of the White House really gave me hope. I hope this ends the apathy that has plauged this nation for awhile now.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/02/11 at 3:56 pm

enough, Enough, ENOUGH!

What is wrong with you people!? Considering most of you are my friends, I'm trying not to be judgemental. But I'm glad you are not all Catholic, at this rate you'd have Obama beatified before John Paul II!

The man was simply lucky to be sitting in the White House when the right information came along! I am not giving any major credit to anyone there, the real congradulations should go to the CIA for locating Bin Laden, and to the Navy Seals for going in and killing him. Let's be fair here.d.

He wasn't lucky to be sitting in the White House, he worked hard and won the office.  Then he told the CIA to go do what bushII could have done, there isn't any dispute that they had been very close to doing it during the bush administration, the special ops waited for the word, and it never came!  Obama called a meeting, basically told them to work there magic, and when it came down to it he did what bush didn't do when he could have, he said "DO IT"  

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/02/11 at 6:33 pm

You really talk some utter sheesh at times, don't you?

OK Philbo, perhaps 'angel' wasn't the right word. But all the Bush-Bashing does make Hussein sound like a victim, rather than a criminal we brought to justice. Besides, for the time we were in Iraq, it was better for most Americans to be fighting terrorists over there rather than waiting for them to attack us on our home soil again, wasn't it?

And Danoota, Bush could not have given the attack order because it was just last August that the CIA received and confirmed the information that led to finding Bin Laden, so the lead was not available until Obama was in the White House. Ergo, Obama was lucky to just be in the office at the right time. All this can be confirmed by listening to Obama's statement last night.

Oh, almost forgot, GO NAVY!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/02/11 at 6:52 pm

OK Philbo, perhaps 'angel' wasn't the right word. But all the Bush-Bashing does make Hussein sound like a victim, rather than a criminal we brought to justice. Besides, for the time we were in Iraq, it was better for most Americans to be fighting terrorists over there rather than waiting for them to attack us on our home soil again, wasn't it?

And Danoota, Bush could not have given the attack order because it was just last August that the CIA received and confirmed the information that led to finding Bin Laden, so the lead was not available until Obama was in the White House. Ergo, Obama was lucky to just be in the office at the right time. All this can be confirmed by listening to Obama's statement last night.

Oh, almost forgot, GO NAVY!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Nobody is making Saddam Hussein out to be a victim, but there was no evidence that Hussein had WMDs. That was all a fabrication. There was absolutely no need for us to go in to Iraq. It only cost us mega $$$$$ not to mention lives-both American and Iraqi-and I'm not talking about Hussein. I'm talking about the innocent people who got caught in the crossfire. 

NEVER in the history of the U.S. has there been a preempted strike on any nation. Oh, China has nukes so maybe we should go in there just in case they decide to aim one at the U.S. Oh, yeah, so does North Korea. We know that Hussein was less then a nice person but so are a lot of other dictators-again, I mention North Korea. If the U.S. went after every evil dictator on the planet, we would be at war with almost everyone. I, for one do not want to see the U.S. being the world's police. We have way too many issues to take care of here at home. You can call me a liberal peacenik if you want but I also happen to be a liberal peacenik veteran.

GO AIR FORCE!!!!

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 05/02/11 at 7:34 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

In 2001, after the attack, special forces located bin laden in Tora Bora.  They were required to wait before going in for the kill.  They are still bitter over the fact that the order didn't come.  All that has been confirmed. Ergo bush was in the same position as Obama, but didn't make the call.  Special Forces still wants to know why.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/02/11 at 7:50 pm

It's funny, I'd all but assumed that Osama bin Laden had already been dead for several years.

Anyway...Navy SEALS FTW!!!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/11 at 8:42 pm

Actually, I AM Catholic.

*snicker*

sadly so am i....well I guess in the church's eyes.... being baptized and all that crap....I am in my eyes ? THANK GOD I'M NOT A PRACTICING CATHOLIC!  :P :D

Written By: SuperDude526 on 05/02/11 at 8:54 pm

Nobody is making Saddam Hussein out to be a victim, but there was no evidence that Hussein had WMDs. That was all a fabrication. There was absolutely no need for us to go in to Iraq. It only cost us mega $$$$$ not to mention lives-both American and Iraqi-and I'm not talking about Hussein. I'm talking about the innocent people who got caught in the crossfire. 

NEVER in the history of the U.S. has there been a preempted strike on any nation. Oh, China has nukes so maybe we should go in there just in case they decide to aim one at the U.S. Oh, yeah, so does North Korea. We know that Hussein was less then a nice person but so are a lot of other dictators-again, I mention North Korea. If the U.S. went after every evil dictator on the planet, we would be at war with almost everyone. I, for one do not want to see the U.S. being the world's police. We have way too many issues to take care of here at home. You can call me a liberal peacenik if you want but I also happen to be a liberal peacenik veteran.

GO AIR FORCE!!!!

Cat

All of this and honestly, we really have neither the international clout nor the economic resources any longer to sustain any such aspirations towards world policing.  I guarantee that in 20 or 30 years from now, it won't be U.S. land bases in the Middle East or naval bases in the Indian Ocean but Chinese ones, maybe even Brazilians.

Written By: Davester on 05/02/11 at 10:12 pm

Exactly.

I find the news of his death a little anti-climatic.  I wonder if there will be a bombing in his honor...

Anyway, with any luck, this milestone will allow our political leadership to look differently at the wars we're in, to such an end that while we can never give everyone the closure or other satisfaction they want, need, or even deserve, maybe we can stop f***ing up so many lives along the way. It would be a start...

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 1:01 am

In 2001, after the attack, special forces located bin laden in Tora Bora.  They were required to wait before going in for the kill.  They are still bitter over the fact that the order didn't come.  All that has been confirmed. Ergo bush was in the same position as Obama, but didn't make the call.  Special Forces still wants to know why.

Further proof that Bush is an idiot. 

WOLVERINES!!!!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/03/11 at 1:23 am

I'm not a US citizen but I will say this..........  USA.......  USA........  USA........  USA.......  Aww hell you get the idea.  :)

Written By: philbo on 05/03/11 at 3:54 am

OK Philbo, perhaps 'angel' wasn't the right word. But all the Bush-Bashing does make Hussein sound like a victim, rather than a criminal we brought to justice.

No, it's symptomatic of your inability to think clearly: nobody *ANYWHERE* has suggested Hussein was anything other than what he was, yet you seem to believe (or you're being intentionally deceitful) that people arguing against our action in Iraq in some way sympathise with or support him.  This is complete and utter rubbish, and it would be nice if you were to acknowledge that you have been so completely wrong in one of your oft-spouted opinions.  Then we can get on to some of the others.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the film "Team America: World Police" wasn't a documentary.

Written By: watertowater on 05/03/11 at 5:08 am

We won't miss you Bin Laden.  ::) 8-P

Written By: philbo on 05/03/11 at 6:09 am

Turns out someone else has said what I was thinking..

I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy.

..trust some old dead guy to have got there first.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/03/11 at 10:02 am

neocons are crying now that Bush doesn't get enough credit for Bin Laden's death

all I have in response are some words from Bush himself:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, responding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

Written By: philbo on 05/03/11 at 10:59 am

..trust some old dead guy to have got there first.

..except that it turns out, he didn't.

Fanstastic thing, the internet, ain't it?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/03/11 at 11:36 am

neocons are crying now that Bush doesn't get enough credit for Bin Laden's death

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

I was planning to post that quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 1:33 pm

- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

Stealing this to post elsewhere.

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/11 at 1:36 pm

I was planning to post that quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o

Cat

Stealing this too  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/03/11 at 7:32 pm

The Bushes and the Bin Ladens were business buddies.

So, Osama wasn't in some dank cave in Afghanistan but in a million-dollar compound in the suburbs of Islamabad.

"Never rat on you friends,
And always keep your mouth shut."

-- Jimmy Conway

Maybe they kinda did and kinda didn't know where Osama was. 

Anyway, can't we all just breathe a sigh of relief they got the bastard?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nixweiss.gif

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/03/11 at 7:43 pm

The Bushes and the Bin Ladens were business buddies.

So, Osama wasn't in some dank cave in Afghanistan but in a million-dollar compound in the suburbs of Islamabad.

"Never rat on you friends,
And always keep your mouth shut."

-- Jimmy Conway

Maybe they kinda did and kinda didn't know where Osama was. 

Anyway, can't we all just breathe a sigh of relief they got the bastard?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nixweiss.gif

Well put, Max. Let's end this ridiculous feuding now. If nothing else, we should all be dancing and cheering together over the destruction of our common enemy!

Still Trying To Be A Pal,
Doc

:D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/03/11 at 7:49 pm

http://www.thecitrusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/osama_bin_laden_killed-605x665.png

I always thought they should have dressed Osama up in a pink bunny suit.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/03/11 at 8:26 pm

But perhaps George W. Bush does deserve some credit in all this.

I mean, in 2008 one of the campaign promises Barack Obama made was that as soon as he took office, he was going to close the Guantanamo Bay facilities and end all use of "enhanced interrogation techniques," two of the things which the Bush administration was so vilified for. Yet after he was sworn in, Obama changed nothing.

And in the speech he gave to the nation announcing the successful mission to terminate bin Laden, Obama mentioned that some of the information used to locate OBL was obtained from by using enhanced interrogation techniques on detainees in Guantanamo Bay.

President Obama certainly deserves praise for having the courage to make the right decision here, but he also mentioned that the initial lead which ultimately helped US intelligence locate bin Laden was first discovered 4 years ago, well before he took office, and he was simply continuing the policies which Bush first implemented while he was still in office.

And although I never was exactly a big fan of W, perhaps this may vindicate his policies some.

Written By: philbo on 05/04/11 at 4:49 am

And in the speech he gave to the nation announcing the successful mission to terminate bin Laden, Obama mentioned that some of the information used to locate OBL was obtained from by using enhanced interrogation techniques on detainees in Guantanamo Bay.

Could you point to a reference where Obama has actually said that?

When I've googled, most of what I've found are right-wing torture-apologists saying that he said this, no actual reports.

And this page where (unlike the pages saying Obama has agreed that torture works) he actually links to his sources.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/04/11 at 6:03 am

http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/88336/1304367270/Buriedatseamyass8.gif

Written By: SuperDude526 on 05/04/11 at 6:29 am

I mean, in 2008 one of the campaign promises Barack Obama made was that as soon as he took office, he was going to close the Guantanamo Bay facilities and end all use of "enhanced interrogation techniques," two of the things which the Bush administration was so vilified for. Yet after he was sworn in, Obama changed nothing.

President Obama certainly deserves praise for having the courage to make the right decision here, but he also mentioned that the initial lead which ultimately helped US intelligence locate bin Laden was first discovered 4 years ago, well before he took office, and he was simply continuing the policies which Bush first implemented while he was still in office.

And although I never was exactly a big fan of W, perhaps this may vindicate his policies some.

Well sure, but doesn't that mean also four years of inactivity on W's part, only for Obama to finally decide to act?  Maybe I'm reading it wrong but that's what I'm seeing.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/04/11 at 8:39 am

I must have listened to the wrong speech. Because Obama never said it was from "enhanced interrogation techniques" aka torture. 

Debate over torture reignited with death of Osama bin Laden

An Associated Press report, quoting unnamed U.S. officials, states that Mohammed confirmed knowing the courier, but downplayed the man’s significance. Relying on interviews with White House and intelligence sources, the New York Times said that Mohammed’s vehement denial of ever hearing the courier’s name made his interrogators suspicious.

Furthermore, it appears the true identity of al-Kuwaiti surfaced thanks to CIA case officers on the ground in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The only real useful information turned up in the last two years since all the black sites were shut down and Obama shut down the torture rooms. Six years of torture and they didn't have a city name or even confirmation the courier was real or what his name really was.  Real "useful" information.

Bush had the hard choice of deciding whether to risk large American casualties in Tora Bora for a chance to get Osama and he wussed out.  Obama had to make a similar choice last week and made the right one.  He could have easily ended up looking like Jimmy Carter had the raid not been successful, or if it wasn't really Osama's hideout.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/04/11 at 8:41 am

an even better explanation of why the torture produced very little in the way of useful information from Wired

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/04/11 at 12:30 pm

Osama bin Laden had 500 euros and two secret telephone numbers sewn into his clothes when he was killed, US sources have revealed.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/04/11 at 1:17 pm

Doc

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/05/04/how-to-fight-the-lie-that-obama-doesnt-deserve-credit-for-bin-ladens-death/

Some light reading for those amongst us that wish to downplay Obama's role in the entire "killing of Osama"....pay special attention to the lines "Many are also trying their best to give Bush all the credit due to partisan politics rather than the facts...Osama bin Laden didn’t kill anyone on 9/11 but he did order the mission and he gets blamed for it doesn’t he? Our president is the Commander in Chief and in this case he had a very difficult call to make which he got absolutely right."  Rather hard to dispute ANY of those statements....

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/11 at 1:24 pm

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/05/04/how-to-fight-the-lie-that-obama-doesnt-deserve-credit-for-bin-ladens-death/

Some light reading for those amongst us that wish to downplay Obama's role in the entire "killing of Osama"....pay special attention to the lines "Many are also trying their best to give Bush all the credit due to partisan politics rather than the facts...Osama bin Laden didn’t kill anyone on 9/11 but he did order the mission and he gets blamed for it doesn’t he? Our president is the Commander in Chief and in this case he had a very difficult call to make which he got absolutely right."  Rather hard to dispute ANY of those statements....

KARMA OWED.....

O0

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/11 at 1:31 pm

KARMA OWED.....

O0

I got her for ya.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/11 at 1:34 pm

I got her for ya.

Cat

thank you.... and I got you....... for me! ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/11 at 1:36 pm

One thing hasn't been mentioned (at least I don't think it has), is the fact that this mission was NOT outsourced to the likes of Blackwater or some other mercenary government contractor. Our military can do the job, thank you without spending boocoo bucks.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/11 at 1:38 pm

thank you.... and I got you....... for me! ;)

I WAS going to say, "Right back at ya" but I got this: Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.  :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/11 at 1:39 pm

I WAS going to say, "Right back at ya" but I got this: Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.  :\'( :\'(

Cat

'sokay....I can wait!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/05/11 at 11:21 am

I gotcha' both ;)

As a friend of mine (who's a DIEHARD Conservative {Catholic} Republican) on Facebook said:

I'm no fan of Obama, but, like him or not, HE signed the order. He's the CinC. Legally speaking, he as good as pulled the trigger. Deal with it.

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/11 at 12:49 pm

I gotcha' both ;)

As a friend of mine (who's a DIEHARD Conservative {Catholic} Republican) on Facebook said:

I'm no fan of Obama, but, like him or not, HE signed the order. He's the CinC. Legally speaking, he as good as pulled the trigger. Deal with it.

See that's all I want to hear. I just want the man the credit he's owed. No he wasn't in the battle but the people in charge rarely are. 

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/05/11 at 4:14 pm

They killed him in a mansion, so I'm sort of doubting the whole cave thing now.

For once we agree! All those videos were misinformation, too bad we didn't bury his ashes in a cave, the irony would have been hilarious!

And Speaking Of That...
My hand to the Almighty, Jessica. When i made that joke I had no idea you were too young to remember the source, and I only meant it in jest. I never meant it intending to create an enemy for life! by my posting this link, I hope to heaven you will understand. Let's not do this blog warfare anymore, life is too short.
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/anl-point-counterpoint-on-nuclear-power-generation-jane-curtin/4ae287e43404ee874dc14ae287e43404ee874dc1-889078351201?q=youtube+jane+you+ignorant+snl+video&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR3
Have a nice day.

Your Political Rival,
Doc

::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/11 at 5:00 pm

^ I am old enough to remember the source. I got the reference right away. It was still rude and offensive and I found no humor in your posting it.
Especially in the heat of an argument. It was vicious, vile and immature. An adult would apologize rather than try to excuse at as a lane attempt at humor. Even if tgat really was your true intention it obviously backfired.

Written By: philbo on 05/06/11 at 3:41 am

For once we agree! All those videos were misinformation, too bad we didn't bury his ashes in a cave, the irony would have been hilarious!

And Speaking Of That...
My hand to the Almighty, Jessica. When i made that joke I had no idea you were too young to remember the source, and I only meant it in jest. I never meant it intending to create an enemy for life! by my posting this link, I hope to heaven you will understand. Let's not do this blog warfare anymore, life is too short.
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/anl-point-counterpoint-on-nuclear-power-generation-jane-curtin/4ae287e43404ee874dc14ae287e43404ee874dc1-889078351201?q=youtube+jane+you+ignorant+snl+video&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR3
Have a nice day.

Your Political Rival,
Doc

::)

So it doesn't count as insulting if you're only quoting a joke?

In that case, you're obviously the sort of man we used to describe at school as a complete prick. If I may use a gardening simile here, if your entire family may be likened to a compost heap (and I think they can) then you are the biggest weed growing out of it. You're the sort of man people emigrate to avoid. Either this man is suffering from serious brain damage or the new vacuum cleaner's arrived.  I spurn you as I would spurn a rabid dog.

(obviously, I'm looking forward to using the same speech when my own daughters get married)

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/06/11 at 9:41 am

In that case, you're obviously the sort of man we used to describe at school as a complete prick. If I may use a gardening simile here, if your entire family may be likened to a compost heap (and I think they can) then you are the biggest weed growing out of it. You're the sort of man people emigrate to avoid. Either this man is suffering from serious brain damage or the new vacuum cleaner's arrived.  I spurn you as I would spurn a rabid dog.

(obviously, I'm looking forward to using the same speech when my own daughters get married)

Yes, Snoz, it did blow up in my face, and I'm still waiting for my eyebrows to grow back! Of course, that hasn't stopped YOU, who I never insulted, from pouring salt in the wounds!
And Philbo? You dare drag my FAMILY into this!? No one on this board has sunk THAT low! I tried to make peace and this is what I get? Clearly some people just thrive on being "vicious, vile, and immature. I certainly hope your girls take after their mother, after that little spew!

Your Bludgeoned-With His-Own-Olive-Branch Co-Poster,
Doc

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/06/11 at 9:53 am

Billy Madison?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/06/11 at 9:55 am

Perhaps he who dishes it out should also learn how to take it like a man.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/11 at 9:59 am

Yes, Snoz, it did blow up in my face, and I'm still waiting for my eyebrows to grow back! Of course, that hasn't stopped YOU, who I never insulted, from pouring salt in the wounds!
And Philbo? You dare drag my FAMILY into this!? No one on this board has sunk THAT low! I tried to make peace and this is what I get? Clearly some people just thrive on being "vicious, vile, and immature. I certainly hope your girls take after their mother, after that little spew!

Your Bludgeoned-With His-Own-Olive-Branch Co-Poster,
Doc

A) you offended me more than once with the stuff you type

B) you insulted someone I consider a friend

C) when you call one woman a slut (even in "jest") it is offensive to all women

D) you're the one who opened that wound in the first place

The thing is we have different political views....that's fine that's what this country is based on but I will not stand by and listen to your hateful rhetoric about our president  your side lost this time (and hopefully next time too) Deal with it and move on.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/11 at 10:00 am

Perhaps he who dishes it out should also learn how to take it like a man.

and what Rice said....

Written By: philbo on 05/06/11 at 10:20 am

Billy Madison?

No, Rowan Atkinson (from "Not the Nine-O'Clock News")

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/06/11 at 10:40 am

A) you offended me more than once with the stuff you type

B) you insulted someone I consider a friend

D) you're the one who opened that wound in the first place

The thing is we have different political views....that's fine that's what this country is based on but I will not stand by and listen to your hateful rhetoric about our president  your side lost this time (and hopefully next time too) Deal with it and move on.

That's strange, all i've ever gotten from you and Jess)who I've tried to make peace with) is ridicule and 'hateful rhetoric' about the last man who led our country, and he did not wait nearly two and a half years to get anything done. Your arguements seem to be based more on shooting me down than dealing with facts. Now, I am trying to leave this debate with some semblance of dignity. Life is too short for this, let's ALL move on!

Nursing the Offered(And Crushed) Hand,
Doc

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/11 at 10:54 am

That's strange, all i've ever gotten from you and Jess)who I've tried to make peace with) is ridicule and 'hateful rhetoric' about the last man who led our country, and he did not wait nearly two and a half years to get anything done. Your arguements seem to be based more on shooting me down than dealing with facts. Now, I am trying to leave this debate with some semblance of dignity. Life is too short for this, let's ALL move on!

Doc

I think the problem is when you're presented with facts or a valid retort you choose to ignore it.

Written By: philbo on 05/06/11 at 11:02 am

I refer the honorable gentleman to the answer I gave in the other thread:

There is a definite difference between how you see your interaction on this forum and how it comes across to everyone else.

You post some things that are pure and simply ill-thought-out rubbish, and your reaction when this is pointed out is to claim attacks and some kind of victim status.

If you want to leave with dignity, it is far more dignified to admit you've been wrong about something and move on than it is to whinge about people being against you.  You really do need to reassess some of your deeply-held beliefs (and here I mean political rather than simply religious.. though actually giving the latter some analytical thought can never be a bad thing) because you're taking faith-based positions on matters that are easily proven not to be correct.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/11 at 11:05 am

I refer the honorable gentleman to the answer I gave in the other thread:

dammit....we need to change the karma rule!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/11 at 11:39 am

Doc

He waited 2 & 1/2 years to get anything done? I beg to differ. Here is the SHORT list:

MIDDLE CLASS TAX CUT (LARGEST EVER)

CHRYSLER SAVED

GM SAVED/GOVERNMENT LOANS REPAID

800,000 MONTHLY JOB LOSSES NOW MONTHLY GAINS

EDUCATION SPENDING INCREASED

STUDENT LOAN COSTS DECREASED

HATE CRIME LAWS STRENGTHENED

AFFORDABLE CARE ACT

CHIPS EXPANDED

ENFORCEMENT OF CHILD LABOR LAWS

WALL STREET REFORM

CREDIT CARD REFORM

PREDATORY LENDING TO SOLDIERS RESTRICTED

TROOPS PAID FOR STOP LOSS TIME

TORTURE STOPPED

VA SPENDING INCREASED

WOMEN CAN SERVE ON SUBS

EQUAL PAY FOR WOMEN

NUCLEAR ARMS REDUCTION AND DISPOSAL

BP AGREES TO $20 BILLION CLEAN-UP FUND

(WHICH SAVES US TAXPAYERS $20 BILLION)

EPA STRENGTHENED

FDA POWERS BROADENED

9/11 RESPONDERS HEALTHCARE FUNDING

DADT REPEALED

Oh yeah, and he got Osama Bin Laden.

Cat

Written By: philbo on 05/06/11 at 11:48 am

He waited 2 & 1/2 years to get anything done? I beg to differ. Here is the SHORT list:

But he hasn't invaded a single country!  What kind of wimp lame-ass president do you have now?  If Bush had still been there, you'd have a standing army in Iran and probably France, costing the taxpayer even more trillions and causing much whooping amongst the red-blooded right-wing Christian types who seem to love that kind of thing.

<ducks>

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/11 at 11:52 am

But he hasn't invaded a single country!  What kind of wimp lame-ass president do you have now?  If Bush had still been there, you'd have a standing army in Iran and probably France, costing the taxpayer even more trillions and causing much whooping amongst the red-blooded right-wing Christian types who seem to love that kind of thing.

<ducks>

you forgot to mention North Korea....  ;)

Karma Cat!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/11 at 11:58 am

But he hasn't invaded a single country!  What kind of wimp lame-ass president do you have now?  If Bush had still been there, you'd have a standing army in Iran and probably France, costing the taxpayer even more trillions and causing much whooping amongst the red-blooded right-wing Christian types who seem to love that kind of thing.

<ducks>

;D ;D ;D ;D

Karma.

you forgot to mention North Korea....  ;)

Karma Cat!

Right back at ya. (The karma button was working this time.  ;) )

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/11 at 11:59 am

;D ;D ;D ;D

Karma.

Right back at ya. (The karma button was working this time.  ;) )

Cat

mine too fortunately too bad it wouldn't let me karma philbo again I owe him two more....at least two more  ;D

Written By: philbo on 05/06/11 at 12:29 pm

mine too fortunately too bad it wouldn't let me karma philbo again I owe him two more....at least two more  ;D

Not meaning to sound ungrateful, but you owe me nothing - I'm pleased you enjoyed the comments, thats enough for me :)

you forgot to mention North Korea....  ;)

..do you think they'd have been invaded, or nuked to a pile of ashes?

Written By: philbo on 05/06/11 at 12:30 pm

PS.. does cracking jokes to people give me karma make me a Karma Comedian? (with apologies to Culture Club)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/11 at 12:35 pm

We wouldn't go into North Korea. They don't have oil.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/11 at 12:58 pm

Not meaning to sound ungrateful, but you owe me nothing - I'm pleased you enjoyed the comments, thats enough for me :)

oh I think they would have been invaded, neutralized and then nuked....  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/11 at 1:00 pm

Cat

but they could hiding some super secret squirrel technology we don't know about... I mean in a country where they have no social structure or recreational livelyhood what else could they be doing but creating the next best invention since the iPad.....  :D

Written By: Henk on 05/06/11 at 1:00 pm

PS.. does cracking jokes to people give me karma make me a Karma Comedian? (with apologies to Culture Club)

;D

Darn karma rule gets in my way...

Written By: Henk on 05/06/11 at 1:02 pm

Cat

But, unlike Iraq, they DO have weapons of mass destruction.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/11 at 1:03 pm

But, unlike Iraq, they DO have weapons of mass destruction.

that too...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/11 at 1:06 pm

but they could hiding some super secret squirrel technology we don't know about... I mean in a country where they have no social structure or recreational livelyhood what else could they be doing but creating the next best invention since the iPad.....   :D

Well, they do dance.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 05/06/11 at 1:09 pm

BTW... I'm thinking it would've been more likely for GWB to invade Libya. At least there's some oil there.

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/06/11 at 5:53 pm

CHRYSLER SAVED
GM SAVED/GOVERNMENT LOANS REPAID
800,000 MONTHLY JOB LOSSES NOW MONTHLY GAINS
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT
WALL STREET REFORM
CREDIT CARD REFORM
NUCLEAR ARMS REDUCTION AND DISPOSAL
VA SPENDING INCREASED
WOMEN CAN SERVE ON SUBS
DADT REPEALED

I really don't want to argue anymore, but this argument is exceptionally well-thought-out, rather than being an assalut on me personally.

GM as not exactly saved so much as salvaged. Those 800,000 job losses you mention included the entire Pontiac and Saturn car companies, which were owned by GM.

Wall Street and Credit cards have been reformed, yes, but the damage to our economy caused by them in the first place has not been repaired., the unemployment rate is still unacceptably high.

The U.S. does not really need our nuclear weapons reduced and disposed of nearly as much as we need that done in countries like North Korea and Iran, something I think we can all agree on.

Women serving on Subs, and the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy has been abolished? I'm all for equal rights, but how much impact does that really have on your life, unless you're serving in the military? Besides, I am sick and tired of seeing the issue of Homosexual rights on the news. This should not even BE AN ISSUE, because someone's sexual preference in is, in all truth, NONE OF THE GOVERNMENT'S BUSINESS. Aside from preventing hate crimes, don't we have far bigger problems to focus on?

And affordable health care/VA spending? I would know nothing about that, because my own father, a Vietnam Veteran, was denied coverage by the Veterna's Administration for his most recent surgery(I prefer not to giving details) because it needed to be done in a non-VA hospital that had more advanced medicine, so I don't know what it will cost he & my mother in medical bills.

Incidentally, it was because of this development in my life that I wish to end all debate and personal/political attacks. As I said before,
Life is too short to waste time arguing. And so, now I'm done.

Your... associate for now,
Doc

:-X

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/11 at 6:23 pm

I really don't want to argue anymore, but this argument is exceptionally well-thought-out, rather than being an assalut on me personally.

GM as not exactly saved so much as salvaged. Those 800,000 job losses you mention included the entire Pontiac and Saturn car companies, which were owned by GM.

Wall Street and Credit cards have been reformed, yes, but the damage to our economy caused by them in the first place has not been repaired., the unemployment rate is still unacceptably high.

The U.S. does not really need our nuclear weapons reduced and disposed of nearly as much as we need that done in countries like North Korea and Iran, something I think we can all agree on.

Women serving on Subs, and the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy has been abolished? I'm all for equal rights, but how much impact does that really have on your life, unless you're serving in the military? Besides, I am sick and tired of seeing the issue of Homosexual rights on the news. This should not even BE AN ISSUE, because someone's sexual preference in is, in all truth, NONE OF THE GOVERNMENT'S BUSINESS. Aside from preventing hate crimes, don't we have far bigger problems to focus on?

And affordable health care/VA spending? I would know nothing about that, because my own father, a Vietnam Veteran, was denied coverage by the Veterna's Administration for his most recent surgery(I prefer not to giving details) because it needed to be done in a non-VA hospital that had more advanced medicine, so I don't know what it will cost he & my mother in medical bills.

Incidentally, it was because of this development in my life that I wish to end all debate and personal/political attacks. As I said before,

Doc

The thing is with DADT, men & women were being outted and kicked out of the military. Many of them were Farsi speakers who the military needs-especially with our activities in the Middle East. So, in a sense, that does have an impact on your life as it has an impact on our national security.

I am sorry that your father was denied coverage by the V.A. Without knowing the details, it is hard to say if there was a reason for it. I have had good luck dealing with the V.A. for the most part. They tried to deny funding for my annual mammogram that I have done at our local hospital but I just called Bernie Sanders office and it was taken care of.

Cat 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/11 at 10:42 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTl8M0CRt6s

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/07/11 at 10:48 am

Doc

So what you're saying is that you don't like what Obama has done, fine, but that's much different than saying he hasn't done anything. 

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/11/11 at 9:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80nW6AOhTs

Written By: danootaandme on 05/11/11 at 12:24 pm

Toronto Slut Walk  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vOCnZOcr8w

Written By: snozberries on 05/11/11 at 1:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80nW6AOhTs

Unless you're dan ackroyd. I think the trick is to know your audience and when doc referenced that very bit and called jess an ignorant slut in the heat of battle it was not well timed and def not well received

Written By: snozberries on 05/11/11 at 2:05 pm

Toronto Slut Walk   :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vOCnZOcr8w

I totally get what they're doing and good for them.
I firmly believe a woman should be able to walk down the street naked if she wants and not get harassed, manhandled or raped.

I also believe I should be able to walk away from MY car with iPhone, iPad, wallet and cash in plain view and leave the keys in the ignition. Yet I always hide my valuables and lock my door.  Just because I have the right to do something doesn't make it any less ill advised.

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/11/11 at 2:53 pm

Thank you, SnoZ. I'm glad someone realized that I was not trying to demean all women, let alone start a posting war. I don't know why I was notified of these new posts, I was sure I had shut the service off, but reading that, now I'm glad they let me know. Peace!

Done Arguing,
Doc

P.S.: You are also right with your 'slutwalk' comments. I would have no objection to anybody (m or f) allowed to walk along the road naked. However, with society the way it is, there's NO WAY I could recommend it! :o

Written By: snozberries on 05/11/11 at 7:19 pm

Thank you, SnoZ. I'm glad someone realized that I was not trying to demean all women, let alone start a posting war.

Done Arguing,
Doc

P.S.: You are also right with your 'slutwalk' comments. I would have no objection to anybody (m or f) allowed to walk along the road naked. However, with society the way it is, there's NO WAY I could recommend it! :o

Unless you're dan ackroyd. I think the trick is to know your audience and

when doc referenced that very bit and called jess an ignorant slut in the heat of battle it was not well timed and def not well received

I thought the "by myself and others" part was implied since I already said my piece earlier but apparently I needed to add to it for those who read stuff and see what they want to see in what they read  ::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/12/11 at 10:26 pm

"Jane, you ignorant slut" is a reference to a canonical SNL skit, so I'm willing to give Doc the benefit of the doubt - even if I might disagree with him on mostly everything else.

Toronto Slut Walk   :o

Glad you beat me to it.  Not every usage of the word "slut" is misogynist.  Kicking it west coast style, Dossie Easton and Catherine Liszt approve, although I have a hunch Doc Brown wouldn't :)

H8SSbyK5Js8

But seeing as how this is a thread about the death of OBL, let's sing!

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/13/11 at 10:28 am

Thank you, SnoZ. I'm glad someone realized that I was not trying to demean all women, let alone start a posting war. I don't know why I was notified of these new posts, I was sure I had shut the service off, but reading that, now I'm glad they let me know. Peace!

Done Arguing,
Doc

In Montpelier VT they have an annual naked bike ride - never seen it tho

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/11 at 11:17 am

I once got a call from a former student employee (he didn't last long because he had integrity issues which will soon be apparent)  He called to report a girl who was intoxicated and passed out on the street.... he was calling because someone was attempting to steal her watch.  He said that he'd been standing there for 20 minutes watching people grope her and stuff... that didn't alarm him but when they started taking her watch he felt that was wrong  :o  ::)  >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...