» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Osama Death Pix - How Long Till Leaked?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/11 at 6:07 am

Anybody want to venture a guess as to how long it will be before those pix of Osama get out via an unauthorized leak? ???

Subject: Re: Osama Death Pix - How Long Till Leaked?

Written By: philbo on 05/05/11 at 7:02 am

I think they're on b3ta already ;)

..for example:
http://www.b3tards.com/u/899d78c16b9bb1676226/royal_joke.jpg

Written By: Dagwood on 05/05/11 at 7:19 am

I wish it wouldn't.  Not something I care to see.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/05/11 at 8:12 am

Because you just know that if the bin Laden death photo did get out, within 24 hours you'd see it reproduced everywhere on T-shirts and posters with captions like "Game Over" and "Mission Accomplished."

The evil part of my brain thinks that "Hey, terrorists...terrorize THIS!" would actually be a pretty funny caption to go along with that.

I know, I'm a dick.  :-[

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/05/11 at 8:20 am

"AMERICA...F*CK YEAH!" would be pretty good too. 

Am I an @$$hole for thinking that's funny?
???

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/05/11 at 9:10 am

Because you just know that if the bin Laden death photo did get out, within 24 hours you'd see it reproduced everywhere on T-shirts and posters with captions like "Game Over" and "Mission Accomplished."

and the terrorists would be using it to help martyr him and memorialize him.  One hopes all the people with access to the photographs know this and are willing to keep it under a tight lid.  Then again, network security seems to be a bit too lax in some branches of the gov't.

I'd say if it doesn't leak within the next few weeks, it won't leak for a couple years.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/05/11 at 9:43 am

and the terrorists would be using it to help martyr him and memorialize him.  One hopes all the people with access to the photographs know this and are willing to keep it under a tight lid.  Then again, network security seems to be a bit too lax in some branches of the gov't.

I'd say if it doesn't leak within the next few weeks, it won't leak for a couple years.

There's a small part of me that wants to see the photo just out of morbid curiosity, but I really have no need to.  I'm sure the argument will be made that al-Qaeda put up the beheading videos on the internet and if they can't handle seeing pictures of their dead leader then that's just too bad, but no.

I agree that the photo needs to be kept classified, for the reasons we both mentioned. Obama is taking the high road in this instance and he should be commended for it. 

Written By: philbo on 05/05/11 at 9:51 am

One hopes all the people with access to the photographs know this and are willing to keep it under a tight lid.

So we're hoping that no politician with his grubby mitts on the photos will be even the tiniest bit tempted to grab a little publicity...

..nah.. of course that could *never* happen

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/11 at 12:56 pm

I've seen so many photos of dead people at work I coiled care less one way or the other

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/11 at 1:26 pm

In one sense, as with many deaths of well known people, I do not wish to see pictures of deceased people.

Written By: wildcard on 05/05/11 at 1:34 pm

I don't want to see dead people and we don't need printouts of his death on shirts or where ever everywhere.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/05/11 at 5:13 pm

I didn't even wanna see the sonofabitch when he was alive!
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/11 at 6:58 pm

Once the pic is leaked, perhaps they could make some silicone Hallowe'en masks of Dead Osama.

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/06/11 at 8:10 am

So we're hoping that no politician with his grubby mitts on the photos will be even the tiniest bit tempted to grab a little publicity...

..nah.. of course that could *never* happen

Scott Brown is in a little bit of controversy because he claimed to have seen the pictures, when in fact none of the senators have seen them.  So it's not the politicians you need worry about, they haven't got the clearance.

Written By: philbo on 05/06/11 at 8:15 am

Scott Brown is in a little bit of controversy because he claimed to have seen the pictures, when in fact none of the senators have seen them.  So it's not the politicians you need worry about, they haven't got the clearance.

..but don't they love to think that they're more important than they are?

:)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/11 at 4:31 pm

Several pics turn up on image searches.  Hard to tell if they're real or not.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/07/11 at 9:52 pm

Several pics turn up on image searches.  Hard to tell if they're real or not.

None of 'em are real.  The real pictures have only been accessible to a small group of people, all of whom whose names are known, and all of whom who take their oaths more seriously than Pfc. Manning.  Rest of the world will just have to wait 50 years.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/08/11 at 8:24 am

None of 'em are real.  The real pictures have only been accessible to a small group of people, all of whom whose names are known, and all of whom who take their oaths more seriously than Pfc. Manning.  Rest of the world will just have to wait 50 years.

But eventually (if not already), Senators and White House doofi will come into possession of those pics and they'll be out there.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/08/11 at 12:27 pm

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/122/e/4/dead___osama_bin_laden_by_6amcrisis-d3fefiu.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/08/11 at 4:52 pm

I just did the image search.  Didn't click on any 'coz I don't trust the websites posting them.  Conspiracy theories abound that Osama has been dead for X number of years and the Navy SEALS assassination is just a publicity stunt to benefit the usual suspects.
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...