» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: U.N. Official Wants details of Bin Laden Raid...

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/06/11 at 5:55 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/06/501364/main20060348.shtml

Seems that pne of those pencil-necked geeks at the United Nations (you know, the organization that pulls its forces from the battlefield as soon as the bullets start to fly) is demanding details on the Bin Laden raid, to make sure that Bin Laden's rights were not violated.

Normally I'd tell this guy to go pack sand, but in this case what we should do is not only provide him with details...

...but also provide him with a reenactment.   ;)

Subject: Re: U.N. Official Wants details of Bin Laden Raid...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/11 at 4:38 pm

Several other people died in the raid, which is tragic.  However, getting rid of Osama is like getting rid of cancer.  You're going to have to do some damage to surrounding tissue.  Osama was too crafty to let himself get taken alive.

Written By: Paul on 05/06/11 at 4:41 pm

Seems that pne of those pencil-necked geeks at the United Nations (you know, the organization that pulls its forces from the battlefield as soon as the bullets start to fly) is demanding details on the Bin Laden raid, to make sure that Bin Laden's rights were not violated.

Heh! Bit late for that now, methinks... ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/06/11 at 7:27 pm

Several other people died in the raid, which is tragic.  However, getting rid of Osama is like getting rid of cancer.  You're going to have to do some damage to surrounding tissue.  Osama was too crafty to let himself get taken alive.

I really don't see it as tragic at all.  Those other people were harboring Public Enemy Number One.  I say they got what they had coming.

Interestingly if Obama had taken the option of having two B-2's drop a couple dozen 2000 pound bombs on the compound, nobody would be wringing their hands over Osama's civil rights.  They'd be looking for his body parts with a flour sifter.  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/06/11 at 8:54 pm

I really don't see it as tragic at all.  Those other people were harboring Public Enemy Number One.  I say they got what they had coming.

Interestingly if Obama had taken the option of having two B-2's drop a couple dozen 2000 pound bombs on the compound, nobody would be wringing their hands over Osama's civil rights.  They'd be looking for his body parts with a flour sifter.   :P

Good point.  I don't think too many people are wringing their hands over Osama's civil rights anyway.  The U.N. inquiry isn't going very far.  I mean, did they have something better in mind?  I would rather have seen him captured and brought to justice, but Osama was going to make sure that didn't happen.

Check for new replies or respond here...