» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Trump Drops Out of Race

Written By: danootaandme on 05/16/11 at 12:17 pm

I'm shocked  ::)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/05/donald-trump-presidential-race-/1

Donald Trump says he is not running for president next year, ending weeks of speculation in which he dominated headlines about the 2012 race for the GOP nomination.

Subject: Re: Trump Drops Out of Race

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/11 at 12:50 pm

He was running?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/11 at 3:15 pm

I'm heart broken!  :\'( :\'( :\'(

N
::) T!!!!

Written By: karen on 05/16/11 at 3:23 pm

He was running?

Cat

More kind of hobbling, at his age

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/11 at 3:25 pm

I posted this in another thread but it works here, too.

http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/299d6c005d65012ee3bf00163e41dd5b

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/11 at 3:40 pm

I posted this in another thread but it works here, too.

http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/299d6c005d65012ee3bf00163e41dd5b

Cat

;D  karma owed!

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/16/11 at 5:59 pm

Huckabee bailed too... guess it's going to be Romney for the GOP.  Not sure if the racist rednecks can get over the Mormon angle in large enough numbers to back him though.  Plus there's the whole healthcare issue that totally evaporates in the race, seeing how Romney found he can't tie that albatross to Obama since he passed a similar bill in Massachusetts.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/11 at 6:16 pm

Huckabee bailed too... guess it's going to be Romney for the GOP.  Not sure if the racist rednecks can get over the Mormon angle in large enough numbers to back him though.  Plus there's the whole healthcare issue that totally evaporates in the race, seeing how Romney found he can't tie that albatross to Obama since he passed a similar bill in Massachusetts.

I agree.  The Repubs have to stop letting the Tea Party yahoos jerk them around.  Romney or Pawlenty I'd say.  Either of those might actually get me to vote for Obama again!

Never thought Trump was in it for the long haul.  He's not nearly as stinking rich as H. Ross Perot who spent $100 million of his own money on his 1992 campaign.  Today such a third party candidate assault would cost $500M +.  Trump doesn't have that kind of coin in his reserves and I doubt he could raise it.  In the end Perot got about 20% of the vote and, IMO, cost George H.W. Bush the election to Bill Clinton.  Trump knows this.  What he did was generate more publicity for himself, which is all he's ever done since he became a public figure in the mid 1980s. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/11 at 6:22 pm

According to Thomas Menino, the mayor of Boston, it is like an Alcatraz around his neck.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/16/11 at 10:26 pm

According to Thomas Menino, the mayor of Boston, it is like an Alcatraz around his neck.

Cat

;D ;D ;D

Written By: philbo on 05/17/11 at 4:21 am

What he did was generate more publicity for himself, which is all he's ever done since he became a public figure in the mid 1980s. 

Blowing his own trumpet, one might say.. or just blowing himself to put it another.

What he succeeded in doing pretty well over on this side of the pond is take someone nobody really knew much about and make him into a laughing stock.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 05/17/11 at 10:16 am

Awww....man!!!!  I wanted to get a look at his financials and see if "Hair Club for Men" was listed ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/17/11 at 11:35 am

Awww....man!!!!  I wanted to get a look at his financials and see if "Hair Club for Men" was listed ;D

Hair Club For Men uses dead animals?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/11 at 12:59 pm

Awww....man!!!!  I wanted to get a look at his financials and see if "Hair Club for Men" was listed ;D

;D

Hair Club For Men uses dead animals?

Cat

;D ;D

Have we all overlooked the obvious? That Trump's "running" was nothing more than a publicity stunt to promote celeb apprentice?

Written By: danootaandme on 05/17/11 at 1:38 pm

;D
;D ;D

Have we all overlooked the obvious? That Trump's "running" was nothing more than a publicity stunt to promote celeb apprentice?

I don't think anyone discounted that. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/17/11 at 1:43 pm

;D
;D ;D

I think EVERYONE already knows that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX1WzquMKTw

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/17/11 at 8:14 pm

Blowing his own trumpet, one might say.. or just blowing himself to put it another.

What he succeeded in doing pretty well over on this side of the pond is take someone nobody really knew much about and make him into a laughing stock.

Trump is the kind of person I imagine people from other countries imitate when they make fun of Americans!
:D

Written By: philbo on 05/18/11 at 4:45 am

Trump is the kind of person I imagine people from other countries imitate when they make fun of Americans!
:D

He is now

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/18/11 at 8:31 am

he probably said albatross, we don't call him mumbles for nothing ya know

Written By: tv on 05/18/11 at 1:26 pm

Trump could have been a serious candidate but then he started the birther stuff and then Obama nabbed Bin Laden so he(Trump) was done.

Trump's candicacy was like Howard Dean's back in 2004 in that it just flamed out early.

Written By: tv on 05/18/11 at 1:30 pm

Still even with the Health Care Bill I don't think Romney Care had a bunch of bearucrats or a panel evaluating what decisions people make in their healthcare like ObamaCare has.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/18/11 at 2:01 pm

Trump could have been a serious candidate but then he started the birther stuff and then Obama nabbed Bin Laden so he(Trump) was done.

Trump's candicacy was like Howard Dean's back in 2004 in that it just flamed out early.

Trump was NEVER serious about running. It was all a publicity stunt to promote himself-like he always does.

And Howard Dean has brains-Trump does not.

Cat

Written By: tv on 05/18/11 at 2:37 pm

Trump was NEVER serious about running. It was all a publicity stunt to promote himself-like he always does.

And Howard Dean has brains-Trump does not.

Cat
True Howard Deans does have brains. I'll give you that.

Written By: philbo on 05/18/11 at 2:44 pm

Hence the announcement that he was going to make an announcement about when he would make the announcement that he'll run for president..

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/18/11 at 5:20 pm

He is now

He also fits the Ugly American stereotype to a tee. 
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/18/11 at 5:27 pm

He also fits the Ugly American stereotype to a tee. 

He is ugly-that's for sure.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/20/11 at 10:57 am

Still even with the Health Care Bill I don't think Romney Care had a bunch of bearucrats or a panel evaluating what decisions people make in their healthcare like ObamaCare has.

"ObamaCare" doesn't do that... but thanks for continuing to parrot that nonsense from when it was trying to get passed.  Nice to see the lie never dies.

The Republicans on the other hand have tried everything in their power to make it reality though.

and Howard Dean didn't flame out anywhere near this early.  He made it through several primaries after all.  Trump didn't even announce he was running.  strictly TV driven nonsense

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/20/11 at 9:43 pm

There's no such thing as ObamaCare.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/21/11 at 3:15 pm

"ObamaCare" doesn't do that... but thanks for continuing to parrot that nonsense from when it was trying to get passed.  Nice to see the lie never dies.

The Republicans on the other hand have tried everything in their power to make it reality though.

and Howard Dean didn't flame out anywhere near this early.  He made it through several primaries after all.  Trump didn't even announce he was running.  strictly TV driven nonsense

Yup

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/24/11 at 11:24 am

http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/c20a8fa06326012ee3c300163e41dd5b

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...