» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: ...and they said Trump was a racist...

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/20/11 at 5:21 pm

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2011/05/west_obama_a_bl.html

Imagine, this cat is actually on the faculty at Princeton.  ::)

Subject: Re: ...and they said Trump was a racist...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/20/11 at 9:41 pm

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2011/05/west_obama_a_bl.html

Imagine, this cat is actually on the faculty at Princeton.  ::)

Otter: He can't do that to our pledges!
Boon: Only we can do that to our pledges.

Can the outrage,LB.  It's just the old double standard at work.  Double standards are everywhere.  Sometimes they go your way, sometimes not.  If every privileged white boy didn't get a bug up his ass every time they cut to race-baiting, prominent African American scholars such as Dr. West might knock it off already!
8)

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/21/11 at 10:48 am

Otter: He can't do that to our pledges!
Boon: Only we can do that to our pledges.

Can the outrage,LB.  It's just the old double standard at work.  Double standards are everywhere.  Sometimes they go your way, sometimes not.  If every privileged white boy didn't get a bug up his ass every time they cut to race-baiting, prominent African American scholars such as Dr. West might knock it off already!
8)

On the other hand, West is basically correct, but it has nothing to do with race.  Every president is a Wall Street lap dog.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/21/11 at 4:52 pm

On the other hand, West is basically correct, but it has nothing to do with race.  Every president is a Wall Street lap dog.

Oh I would agree that the President has gotten comfy with Wall Street guys and corporate dudes.

I also agree with you, Don Carlos, it's not about his race.  The ravings of this Professor West are silly and disrespectful.  I wonder how a guy like that gets on the faculty of Princeton?

He's another one of these A-holes that likes to criticize O'bama because he "is not black enough", or that he is "rootless" and so on.

I would kind of assume that O'bama has experienced pretty much what most black men have gone through as he grew up.  No father at home, discrimination on more or less a daily basis, the whole bit. Being of mixed race added another layer of crap that he had to go through in terms of discrimination etc. What bothers West is that O'bama does not always stand for whatever it is that West thinks a black man "should" stand for.  "Not black enough?" gimme a break.

Its the same nonsense that Jesse Jackson was spewing when he suggested that he would like to "cut O'bama's nards off"  :o because of his comments regarding black men and responsibility to be fathers to their children.

People should criticize the President because they do not agree with his views/politics, and leave all the race nonsense out of it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/11 at 9:17 pm

Oh I would agree that the President has gotten comfy with Wall Street guys and corporate dudes.

I also agree with you, Don Carlos, it's not about his race.  The ravings of this Professor West are silly and disrespectful.  I wonder how a guy like that gets on the faculty of Princeton?

He's another one of these A-holes that likes to criticize O'bama because he "is not black enough", or that he is "rootless" and so on.

I would kind of assume that O'bama has experienced pretty much what most black men have gone through as he grew up.  No father at home, discrimination on more or less a daily basis, the whole bit. Being of mixed race added another layer of crap that he had to go through in terms of discrimination etc. What bothers West is that O'bama does not always stand for whatever it is that West thinks a black man "should" stand for.  "Not black enough?" gimme a break.

Its the same nonsense that Jesse Jackson was spewing when he suggested that he would like to "cut O'bama's nards off"  :o because of his comments regarding black men and responsibility to be fathers to their children.

People should criticize the President because they do not agree with his views/politics, and leave all the race nonsense out of it.

West has both academic merit and name recognition.  I think his provocative rhetoric is retrograde but you're only seeing a sliver of the man behind it.  I wouldn't dismiss West based on his newsmaking words.  Folks never heard of Henry Louis Gates until Gates got haughty with the cops yet they judged him entirely on those remarks.

Check for new replies or respond here...