» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: New data does NOT “blow a gaping hole in global warming alarmism”

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/30/11 at 9:10 am

No, new data does not “blow a gaping hole in global warming alarmism”

The right-wing blog-o-sphere has been circle jerking over another Exxon-Mobil funded scientists "research paper" that was torn to shreds by real scientists as soon as it got published and commented on in Forbes.  Kind of embarrassing, but then again, these people will believe anything that re-enforces their world view. 

They'll grasp at anything, no matter how outlandish...Fox Anchor Wonders If Moon Volcanoes Mean Global Warming Isn't Happening  Watch as Bill Nye has a moment of "is he serious?" and then starts talking to the Fox "News" anchor like he's talking to someone who is five years old.

Subject: Re: New data does NOT “blow a gaping hole in global warming alarmism”

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/30/11 at 8:56 pm

The oil companies are always going to pay half-assed scientists to say what they want the lowing herds to hear. 

It's just like the tobacco companies paid scientists to say we need "more research" decades after everybody and his dog knew smoking caused cancer.  It's fun to smoke a camel and it's fun to drive an SUV and I'll be dipped in dogsh*t before I listen to some gummint giblet-heads tell me I shouldn't do either!
8)

Subject: Re: New data does NOT “blow a gaping hole in global warming alarmism”

Written By: philbo on 07/31/11 at 5:48 pm

But I'll bet if you go to many internet forums (e.g. pistonheads) the various echo chambers there will be quoting it as absolute proof, and anyone arguing otherwise will have been banned by now.

The "AGW-denier" cause has probably been most harmed by one of their highest-profile spokesmen, the delusional halfwitted bigot, Lord Monckton, who manages repeatedly to be wrong about almost everything (including his own seat in the Lords).. but his is typical of most of the "anti" argument these days: who cares about the science, let's cherry-pick only those bits of data which support our conclusions and make lots and lots (and LOTS) of noise.

Check for new replies or respond here...