» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Civil War...

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/30/11 at 5:40 pm

The other day I was in Chicago with my boss who is a very wealthy man.  Started from pretty much nothing and applied himself, now worth a buttload of money.

Anyway we started talking about these 'flash mobs' in various cities, where innocent shoppers or people in restaurants are attacked.  He told me "LB, we're getting ready for civil war".  We then drove through  a run down part of town and again he said "LB, I tell you, we're going to have civil war some time in the future."

So here's my question to the regs here.  What sort of civil war should we expect in the USA?  I'm thinking it would be more of an armed insurgency than a massing of armies per se.

What say you? ???

Subject: Re: Civil War...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/30/11 at 8:39 pm

I think we're already in our civil war.  The super rich are making war on the rest of us with the Tea Party as their witless dupes.  When you have palaces overlooking shantytowns, you can't have a Democratic Republic.  The shantytown people get pissed enough, they'll start aiming their guns at the fat cats instead of one another.  That's the fear you are sensing from your boss.

I'm not an optimist.  I think the fat cats know what's coming and they're ready to declare marshal law and break out the Uzis.  They'll settle the poor people's hash in a big way. 
::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/30/11 at 10:10 pm

What sort of civil war should we expect in the USA?

None.  We tried that way in 1861.  We learned the hard way that it sucked balls. 

Never again.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/31/11 at 8:21 am

I'm not an optimist.  I think the fat cats know what's coming and they're ready to declare marshal law and break out the Uzis.  They'll settle the poor people's hash in a big way. 

I guess I better lay in a supply of ammo so I repel those jack booted thugs.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/31/11 at 10:49 am

I think we're already in our civil war.  The super rich are making war on the rest of us with the Tea Party as their witless dupes.  When you have palaces overlooking shantytowns, you can't have a Democratic Republic.  The shantytown people get pissed enough, they'll start aiming their guns at the fat cats instead of one another.  That's the fear you are sensing from your boss.

But they want one more dance

Written By: Claybricks on 07/31/11 at 12:15 pm

Regarding the original Civil War,

I sold an original Civil War Diary in 2007. I scanned the diary before I sold it and have been selling copies for several years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chaplains-1863-Civil-War-Diary-Gettysburg-28th-VA-COPY-/120751907854?

Dan

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/11 at 1:14 pm

I agree with Max. We do have class warfare going right now.

There is a line from 1776: But don't forget that most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of becoming rich, than face the reality of being poor. And that is why they will follow us to the right...

BTW, this song was taken out of the movie by the orders of Richard Nixon. I am very glad that cooler head prevailed and put it back in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JDNTS2wHHo

Cat

Written By: philbo on 07/31/11 at 5:40 pm

None.  We tried that way in 1861.  We learned the hard way that it sucked balls. 

Never again.

One of the few constants you can learn from history is that people don't learn from history.  And those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/02/11 at 12:04 am

One of the few constants you can learn from history is that people don't learn from history.  And those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

War.  War never changes! :)

~slips through a parallel universe in which someone else said something about WW1 and WW2~

iYZpR51XgW0

Just because Washington DC gets some serious urban renewal either way, doesn't mean anybody wants to redo the Civil War.

But every gamer on earth is looking forward to WW3, and we have been for about a decade before Fallout 3 came out.

Check for new replies or respond here...