» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Romney Super PAC receives $1 million dollars from terrorists!!?!

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/04/11 at 10:55 am

Firm gives $1 million to pro-Romney group, then dissolves Records offer no clues who was behind mystery company that donated to 'super PAC'

OK, not really... but then again... we really have no idea who gave it to him... er, I mean the PAC.  Could be North Korea, could be Joesph Smith himself (maybe he cashed in those gold tablets). Total mockery of the finance rules and regulations regarding campaigns either way.  If politicians aren't going to do us the favor of dressing in suits with their largest sponsors ads on it, the least they can do is let us know where the money comes from.

Subject: Re: Romney Super PAC receives $1 million dollars from terrorists!!?!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/04/11 at 11:08 am

We all know that the Koch brothers are terrorists.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/04/11 at 5:17 pm

A desperate politician will cash a check from anywhere.  I wonder if Michael Moore still has the cancelled check he sent Pat Buchanan from The Satanists of America!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 08/04/11 at 7:11 pm

I'm thinking he gave it to himself.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/05/11 at 10:39 am

I'm thinking he gave it to himself.

But if that were the case, why hide it?  Candidates have been loaning their campaigns $$$ for a long time.  My guess is it was some foreign gov't

Written By: danootaandme on 08/05/11 at 4:32 pm

But if that were the case, why hide it?  Candidates have been loaning their campaigns $$$ for a long time.  My guess is it was some foreign gov't

So he could look like he was raising the money.  Funding your own can make you a joke, but if you are able to take in outside money you look much more viable.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/05/11 at 10:12 pm

So he could look like he was raising the money.  Funding your own can make you a joke, but if you are able to take in outside money you look much more viable.

nah... I'm sticking with terrorists.  let him prove it isn't terrorists.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/12/11 at 8:16 am

and another $2 million from phony companies

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/12/11 at 9:57 am

How to buy elections 101, a polisci course at MittU.edu

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/12/11 at 11:38 pm

Mister Romney's Neighborhood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLS8I7E935I
The smidgeon of respect I had for him evaporated yesterday.  He's such a piece of garbage.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/disgust.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 08/15/11 at 5:53 am

So it turns out the company was set up by a former partner of Romneys from Bain Capital.  ;)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 08/16/11 at 9:22 am

This is no big surprise...there's a long history of candidates "getting around the finance rules". The top GOP candidates are refusing to reveal their "bundlers" (http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2011-08-15-Republican-campaign-fundraisers-bundlers_n.htm). What's to say these "bundlers" aren't simply putting their OWN $$ in and saying "No, it's not MY $$, I raised it fair and square"?  Absolutely NOTHING!

Check for new replies or respond here...