» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Today is the day in Wisc.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/09/11 at 10:45 am

Six recall elections are under way as I type.  The results could forecast 2012.  We'll be glued to the tube tonight.

Subject: Re: Today is the day in Wisc.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/10/11 at 9:38 am

The Dems picked up two solidly Republican seats.  Not a landslide, and not enough to turn the tide, but a good start.  The people they really need to try and unseat aren't eligible for a recall for another six months.  Whether the outrage will last long enough to make a second recall possible for the Tea Party folks is a really good question.  Until yesterday there's only been 14 successful recalls in the US, so the odds were against them picking up enough seats in the first place.

To put it in perspective, if the Dems were able to pick up 1 out of 7 Republican seat in the next election they would have no problems reclaiming the majority in the House.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/10/11 at 10:28 am

It sure was painful to watch Ed Schultz last night.  He was rooting for the Dems with his pen dipped in blood.  Then we had to watch all the whistles and poppers go silent as the Dems suffered agonizing defeats.  MSNBC kept consoling itself, "Don't extrapolate anything from 1%," and "It's far from over!"

Just wait for the story on Wisconsin voter caging from Greg Palast...

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sad3.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/10/11 at 10:43 am

The last race decided was rather suspicious, and will probably be investigated.  The same district that "found" several hundred uncounted ballots in the recent Supreme Court election there.  Incompetence or voter fraud (by the county clerk)?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/11 at 6:48 pm

The Dems picked up two solidly Republican seats.  Not a landslide, and not enough to turn the tide, but a good start.  The people they really need to try and unseat aren't eligible for a recall for another six months.   Whether the outrage will last long enough to make a second recall possible for the Tea Party folks is a really good question.  Until yesterday there's only been 14 successful recalls in the US, so the odds were against them picking up enough seats in the first place.

To put it in perspective, if the Dems were able to pick up 1 out of 7 Republican seat in the next election they would have no problems reclaiming the majority in the House.

In other words, Dems challenged six Republicans and lost by the score of 4 to 2.  Not much of a "voter's mandate" and not much of a reflection of "outrage".  ;D

As I understand things, aren't a couple of Wisconsin DEMOCRAT seats coming up for recall in a week or so? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/10/11 at 7:01 pm

In other words, Dems challenged six Republicans and lost by the score of 4 to 2.  Not much of a "voter's mandate" and not much of a reflection of "outrage".   ;D

As I understand things, aren't a couple of Wisconsin DEMOCRAT seats coming up for recall in a week or so? ???

Yeah, and as the folks back home say: Never get into a pissing contest with a skunk.

The Dems don't know how to fight with a crime syndicate such as the Wisconsin Republican Party.  They're a bunch of poncy crybabies.  Harry Reid.  Barney Frank.  John Kerry.  These guys make me wanna woof my cookies.  I miss LBJ!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/scrying.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/10/11 at 7:17 pm

Yeah, and as the folks back home say: Never get into a pissing contest with a skunk.

The Dems don't know how to fight with a crime syndicate such as the Wisconsin Republican Party.  They're a bunch of poncy crybabies.  Harry Reid.  Barney Frank.  John Kerry.  These guys make me wanna woof my cookies.  I miss LBJ!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/scrying.gif

Yeah, LBJ had something I can't quite put my finger on.  Some sort of Je ne sais quoi.

All the way with LBJ !

While I'm not a Democrat, I can respect the political skills that LBJ and Bill Clinton had. Ed Rendell too.  Those guys kicked ass and would not be caught dead being the whiny namby-pamby types like Reid, Kerry, & Frank.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/10/11 at 8:59 pm

Dump the L and I'm a happy man!
:)

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/11/11 at 7:20 pm

In other words, Dems challenged six Republicans and lost by the score of 4 to 2.  Not much of a "voter's mandate" and not much of a reflection of "outrage".   ;D

Not quite.  When you have 6 of something and you lose 2 of them... you still lost.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/17/11 at 6:53 am

oh, the Dems won those today... quite easily too.

Check for new replies or respond here...