» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Christine "Oh Don't Go There"

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 08/20/11 at 6:40 pm

Christine O'Donnell once again shows her "true colors" and throws a hissy fit when Piers Morgan doesn't play by "her rules" and walks off his show.

"...it wasn't long before Morgan brought up O'Donnell's previous remarks about masturbation and her Catholic-rooted beliefs regarding homosexuality and marriage.

"I obviously want to talk about the issue that I talk about in the book," she warned Morgan.

"Do you answer that question in the book?" Morgan fired back.

"I talk about my religious beliefs, yeah," she said, before quickly attempting to re-shift the focus onto her book's goal of bolstering tea party members in their effort to "bring America back to the second American revolution. That's my goal, that's my focus right now."

It was not, however, what Morgan wanted to focus on, so he tried again on the gay marriage theme by asking O'Donnell whether she agreed with Michele Bachmann's stance on the military's soon-to-be-repealed "don't ask don't tell" policy.

At this, O'Donnell became visibly annoyed, but forced a laugh and refused to answer the question, again pointing out the fact that she was "not talking about policies" (at least, not the policies she didn't want to talk about) as she's not running for office.
....O'Donnell:"I'm not running for office, I'm not promoting a legislative agenda. I'm promoting the policies that I lay out in the book, that are mostly fiscal, that are mostly constitutional. That's why I agreed to come on your show, that's what I want to talk about....

"Don't you think as a host, if I say this is what I want to talk about, that's what we should address?" (C O'D)

"No," replied Morgan.

And, that's when the interview ends....

Okay, so she's there to talk about the book and what's in it, and she DOES talk about gay marriage in the book, but she doesn't want to talk about gay marriage (which IS in the book), but she wants to talk about the "fiscal and CONSTITUTIONAL policies" that she lays out in the book, but she's not promoting a "legislative agenda" (WTF would a "constitutional policy" be OTHER than "legislative"???), but she WANTS to talk about "the issue" that she talks about in her book, just not ALL of the issues that she talks about in her book, but wouldn't "policy" be a "solution" to "the issue" and not necessarily "the issue", and couldn't you say that all of the talk about "gay marriage" puts it in the forefront of "constitutional policy" in recent years, particularly for someone who claims to be a "Conservative Christian", and since Michele Bachmann is the purported "Queen of the Tea Party", wouldn't it make sense to ask her what she thinks of her views, since she's "bolstering Tea Party members in their effort to bring America into the Second Revolution"?  Make sense?  :D

See story and video here: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20093882-503544.html

Subject: Re: Christine "Oh Don't Go There"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/20/11 at 10:23 pm

Oh she's such a big tease, isn't she?
;D

O'Donnell is an attention-seeking narcissist.  She's a squeamish version of Ann Coulter.

No, she doesn't want to talk to Piers about abstinence.  Too much work.  She just wants celebrity.

Written By: whistledog on 08/21/11 at 12:04 am

The way she acted at the end of the interview was quite childish.  She was there to talk about her book, but didn't want to talk about the content in the book?

Oh well.  Her craziness helped Piers Morgan Tonight in the ratings. 

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 08/21/11 at 12:18 pm

IMO, it's sad that there are actually people out there who VOTED for her!  If the Tea Party can find no better female candidates than Bachmann and O'Donnell, they need to hire some new consultants/strategists. I can see the "Help Wanted" ads now:

ISO moderately attractive female for political candidacy. Basic knowledge of US History & IQ over 100 a MUST, BA in History preferred.  Must also have GOP affiliation (Christian Conservative tendencies and/or Tea Party affiliation a PLUS!). Full benefits, 401K, many government "perks". No previous political experience necessary. Contact SotH John Boehner or your local Tea Party contingency to apply. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/21/11 at 12:42 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOYhkXrRAdc

Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZwVVW2tqQM

Cat

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 08/21/11 at 4:45 pm

Interestingly enough, a few articles were comparing the two. How is King asking "Why she settled" inappropriate, and why would her answer "violate the confidentiality agreement"? He says MULTIPLE times "I'm not asking for the TERMS of the settlement..." Box of rocks!!! ::)

Interesting how whenever a journalist asks something "unscripted" they cry "FOUL!" and end the interview. Prejean accused King of being "inappropriate" and now O'Donnell is accusing Morgan of "borderline sexual harassment". First Palin accused Couric, then Prejean accused King, now O'Donnel accuses Morgan...IMO, they are just doing it in an attempt to "demonize" the "liberal media", but it just makes them look like a bunch of whiners. If you're going to be a public figure, you have to put on your big girl panties and act like an adult!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/23/11 at 10:14 pm

If you're going to be a public figure, you have to put on your big girl panties and act like an adult!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fG0lW5DkhZg/TVf0suyPdZI/AAAAAAAAAF0/Q557FGCdE-g/s400/Piers_Morgan.jpg

How big are they, Christine?

http://static.poponthepop.com/images/gallery/christine-odonnell-picture_480x360.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...