» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: HPV vaccine: Bachmann, Perry, Hysteria

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/14/11 at 1:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCFceBY5DbA

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) blasted Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) for approving a mandatory inoculation against the human papillomavirus (HPV).  Bachmann accused Perry of doing the bidding of Merck Pharmaceuticals, the sole manufacturer of the HPV vaccine.  Perry's defense was he only took $5000 from Merck, whereas he raised $30 million, so Bahmann's nuts if she thinks he can be bought off for a mere five grand.  Perry indicated Merck could take their five grand and hit the bricks.  You gotta come up with at least $2000 before Perry will give you the time of day!  So he can be bought off...

Winston Churchill: Would you sleep with me for a million pounds?
Lady: Yes.
Winston Churchill: Would you sleep with me for 10 pounds?
Lady: Mr. Churchill, what do you think I am?
Winston Churchill: We've already established that, now we're just arguing the price.

Something like that.

Furthermore, the HPV vaccine hits several hot button political issues at once:
Vaccines, children, sex, children and sex, government mandates in healthcare, government and sex and kids, parental control versus government control, and more sex and kids.

I didn't see a Youtube of it yet, but this week Michele Bachmann told an anecdote to the press in which she claimed a woman approached her in tears and said her daughter received the mandatory HPV vaccine when she was nine years old and has been mentally retarded ever since.

Even Rush Limbaugh had disabused her of the idea that the HPV inoculation could cause retardation.   Bachmann's camp claimed Michele didn't say HPV inoculation caused retardation, only that a woman claimed her daughter developed retardation subsequent to the inoculation.  Technically, she wasn't lying.  Big weasel!

The continuing moral outrage against the HPV vaccine is this:
Health professionals recommend inoculating female children in sixth grade, generally eleven or twelve years old.  HPV is a sexually transmitted disease.  The moral hysterics declare the inoculation gives little girls a green light to go sleep around.  Right-wingers with daughters don't want their daughters to think about sex until they're 21 and married, and then only to do the wifely duty; they will lie back and think of the good of the country.  I'm sure many of Catholic brothers and sisters are on board with this, but I'm not.  It's a lot of tommyrot.  

According to the CDC, there is no test for HPV in men.  HPV in men is generally asymptomatic.  Thus, it's very dangerous.  1/3 of sexually active Americans carry the virus at any given time.  The virus can cause sterility in women, and even worse, cervical cancer.

Now, married people (married now or now divorced or widowed) waited until you were married to have sex?  How many of you were quite certain your spouse was 100% chaste before your wedding night?  How many of you never had an extramarital affair? (no, no, no need to raise hands!).  In other words, if you have had sexual intercourse with six different partners (at different times or at the same time) there is a good chance you have contracted HPV.  This inoculation for girls prior to the start of their sexual maturity is very important.

I'm just saying the standards the moralists and fundamentalist set for living a pure life are entirely unreasonable.  I don't have kids, but if I did, I certainly would not want my 13-year-old daughter to have sex; however, I would want her to get the HPV inoculation.  She might very well decide to explore sex whether I like it or not.  I would not want my daughter to have to pay for youthful indiscretions with a death of cervical cancer, and I'd want her to be able to have children of her own someday if she chooses.  HPV could cause the cancer or the sterility.  

It goes to myth #1: If sex is kept dangerous by absence of education and contraception, the kids will choose abstinence.  Nuh-uh.  This has never been the case.  Never.

I don't see the unfounded rumors of mental problems subsequent to inoculation as the real objection.  The real objection is uptight parents don't want their little Katie or Ashley to get knocked up by some ex-con in the eighth grade and end up with three illegitimate brats in a van down by the river!

Okay, if you must have your church ladies terrify the girls about the dangers of premarital sex, then do so, but let them have the inoculation for chrissakes.  When the girls are sixteen, they're going to despise all your moralistic consultations anyway.  

Myth #2: Unless shamed and frighted away from it, kids will be able to go out and have sex as soon as they reach sexual maturity.  Mmmmaybe...but NOT necessarily:

They raised the same kind of panic in the eighties about condoms in schools.  Condoms were going to send teens into spontaneous sex orgies!  

"Really?" Thought I when I was fifteen.

So I got myself a Trojan and I stuck it in my wallet where it stayed for three years.  I had a permanent round indent on my buttock!
:-[

You know, Ms. Bachmann, they used to tell us masturbation caused blindness and hairy hands.  If there was any truth in that, I'd be a Ray Charles Wolfman!

If you lie to kids about made-up dangers, they won't take you seriously about real ones.  If kids realize smoking pot doesn't drive you psychotic like you said, they might figure you lied about LSD as well, and try acid, which can induce temporary psychosis in some cases.

Subject: Re: HPV vaccine: Bachmann, Perry, Hysteria

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/14/11 at 9:25 am

Excellent post Max

Written By: Tia on 09/14/11 at 9:40 am

this stuff shows the tea partiers are pretty much right up there with the fluoride paranoids. it's always the same lot thinking the gubmint is trying to inject the population with soporifics as think fluoride is a hypnotic agent and that planes are mysteriously spraying us with depopulation agents.

that said, am i right in thinking perry was mandating the HPV vaccines for 12- and 13-year-olds? if so, i'm not entirely comfortable with that. the vaccine should be readily available and free, but mandated? i dunno. i really think the left could take away a lot of the bluster on the right by not being so strident on the flagrant nanny-state stuff like helmet laws, seat-belt laws, mandatory vaccines, etc. for infectious diseases like mumps and measles it makes all the sense in the world, but the government shouldn't be in the business of forcing people to do things for their own good.

also, though, i think girls should be allowed to get the HPV vaccine at school free, and without parental notification. i also think birth control and abortion should be available to underage girls without parental consent. this is precisely because there are so many parents like max describes, who fear sex and will punish their children brutally for engaging in it.

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/14/11 at 10:10 am

As a mother of a 10 year old girl, I'm all for it.  I want my children to be healthy and if this is something that will prevent a disease then I want her to have it.  Do I need to explain exactly what the vaccination is for?  No.  At that age they are still minors and the parents decide.

My parents were of the mind-set that you must be a virgin when you get married...blah, blah, blah....BUT they never had "The Talk" with me.  I won't tell you how young I was when I had sex for the first time but I wish I had parents I could talk to. 

I know my kids are going to do stuff and I want them to be prepared.  I would much rather educate them, keep them healthy and if need be get them the birth control they need.

Written By: karen on 09/14/11 at 11:05 am

This vaccine is now automatically given in the UK.  Elizabeth will be vaccinated sometime in the next year or so.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/14/11 at 11:17 am

I love how these teabaggers want government so small that it fits into a woman's virgina-or in this case, girls. I once had a discussion with an ultra-conservative I know about health care. She told me that she might need a procedure but was weary about it because of the cost. I said that if she needed the procedure she shouldn't HAVE to pay for it-which is why we need universal health care. She said that she didn't want some idiot in Washington in her medical life. I told her that I agree with that statement-just send the bill to Washington. Then we had a similar discussion about abortion. And I used the same argument. How come it is ok for an idiot in Washington to say that it is ok or not for a woman to have an abortion but yet, it is ok for someone without insurance not have any procedure they need to stay alive-and people cheer?

As for this vaccine, I don't really know too much about it. I would definitely do research on it if I or any of my kids needed it. I don't have a problem with parents thinking it is a good idea for their kids and I don't have a problem with parents who opt out of it for whatever reason-religious, medical, whatever. I DO have a problem with some bozo in Austin who makes it mandatory so his buddies at Merck can profit-in return for a lot of campaign $$$$$$$$ And it was A LOT for than $5000.  

Contributions from Merck PAC to Texans for Rick Perry, 2000-2011
Donor Donation Location Contribution Date
Merck PAC $1,000 Washington, DC 11/2/00
Merck PAC $5,000 Washington, DC 9/18/02
Merck PAC $10,000 Washington, DC 10/18/04
Merck PAC $1,000 Washington, DC 12/30/05
Merck PAC $5,000 Washington, DC 10/16/06
Merck PAC $2,500 Washington, DC 10/14/08
Merck PAC $5,000 Washington, DC 10/29/10

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-newspaper/texas-news/records-fact-checking-perrys-merck-contributions/

I never thought that I would say this but I agree with Michele Bachmann in a sense.  :o :o :o :o  Get out those ice skates because Hell is freezing over.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/14/11 at 6:22 pm

Merck also donated $380,000 to the Republican Governor's Association.  The Republican Governor's Association, in turn, had donated $4 million to Perry's campaigns since 2006.  One hand washes the other.  As Ben Smith points out in his HuffPo column, Perry was mostly absent in the discussion and implementation of the Gardasil mandate.  All that mattered to Perry was keeping the Merck money coming.  If that means the government gets to inoculate your daughter without your consent, so what?  Small government when it benefits us, and big government when it benefits us.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/jerk.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/14/11 at 10:53 pm

Bachmann's pseudoscientific fearmongering is yet another example of Crank Magnetism.  Doesn't matter whether you're a loopy new-age hippie fruitbat, or a hard-nosed defender of Flat Earth Creationism against the hordes of Godless Russian Communism.

For further reference, orac said it better than I could, and addressed every salient point that could possibly come up in any debate over this issue.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/14/11 at 11:51 pm

Bachmann's pseudoscientific fearmongering is yet another example of Crank Magnetism.  Doesn't matter whether you're a loopy new-age hippie fruitbat, or a hard-nosed defender of Flat Earth Creationism against the hordes of Godless Russian Communism.

For further reference, orac said it better than I could, and addressed every salient point that could possibly come up in any debate over this issue.

Bachmann did not call it an HPV vaccine, she called it a "government injection."  A big red commie syringe marked Big Government penetrates your daughters vital organs with an 18-inch needle and from that day forward she is enslaved to the elitist liberal agenda!

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream!

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Lord, Jack.

Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.

Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen... tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?

Ripper: Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

Mandrake: Hmmm...

Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

Mandrake: Hmmm....

Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.

Mandrake: No.

Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence.

Written By: karen on 09/20/11 at 9:03 am

It's interesting that there is all this debate about how bad 'forced' vaccinations are.  It was only the US that required me to prove my children had been vaccinated against certain illnesses.  Never had to produce evidence in the UK.

Anyway, my daughter brought home the paperwork on Friday so sometime soon she will ne getting the first of the three vaccine injection for HPV

Written By: philbo on 09/21/11 at 6:35 am

Bachmann did not call it an HPV vaccine, she called it a "government injection."  A big red commie syringe marked Big Government penetrates your daughters vital organs with an 18-inch needle and from that day forward she is enslaved to the elitist liberal agenda!

That would be hilariously funny if it weren't scary that Bachmann has even the teensiest bit of credibility.

Hate to tell you this, guys, but I think the USA is screwed, long- (or even medium-)term - it won't be the "fault" of the politicians, except directly.. but the overwhelming asinine stupidity of the idiots who vote for them.  Having said that, I don't think we'll do much better this side of the pond..

It's not even "pseudo" scientific - it's simply brainless posturing, completely ignoring any thought and (god forbid!) evidence.

If you'd not linked to that orac page, I would have :)

This sort of thing from a politician ought to get them laughed out of court, never ever to return with any credibility whatsoever.  But it never seems to, anywhere.

Written By: Tia on 09/21/11 at 9:29 am

Hate to tell you this, guys, but I think the USA is screwed, long- (or even medium-)term - it won't be the "fault" of the politicians, except directly.. but the overwhelming asinine stupidity of the idiots who vote for them.  Having said that, I don't think we'll do much better this side of the pond..

well, the good news is, with so much of the electorate being prespammersitely stupid, and with fox news and, to a lesser extent the other news networks, being so devastatingly effective at selling snowballs in a blizzard, all fox has to do is start preaching that we have to do something about global warming, green energies, and turning back the perpetual war state and the teabaggers will fall into line within a week. all they have to do is take liberal priorities and wrap them in a tasty veneer of trucknutz, stars and stripes and firearms and 90% of their viewership will go lib. america is basically run by elites right now, and most of the electorate does and thinks what the elites tell them to think. (ironically, it's the most "individualistic" people, like the libertarians and the tea partiers, who are most likely to believe whatever their chosen standard bearer says, whether it be foxnews, ron paul or newsmax.)

so the question becomes, where will these elites choose to lead their gullible flocks? they've made a lot of bank off of deregulating and then playing the market. they've also made bank off of squeezing the middle class at the same time that they've convinced that self-same middle class that that squeezing sensation they feel is called "freedom." but surely these elites realize they're about to kill the goose that's laying the golden eggs, because that's not going to work out for them much better than it's going to work out for anyone else. sooner or later the bailouts are going to dry up, civil unrest is going to get out of control, inflation will kick in and their hoarded wealth will be worth a lot less. they may keep plundering the country anyway, out of sheer perversity, until we literally become third world, but if they come to their senses they can turn the country around to be a decently administered society without much trouble, because they have so much propaganda on their side and they have so many people out there who literally believe EVERYTHING they say.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/21/11 at 12:30 pm

well, the good news is, with so much of the electorate being prespammersitely stupid, and with fox news and, to a lesser extent the other news networks, being so devastatingly effective at selling snowballs in a blizzard, all fox has to do is start preaching that we have to do something about global warming, green energies, and turning back the perpetual war state and the teabaggers will fall into line within a week. all they have to do is take liberal priorities and wrap them in a tasty veneer of trucknutz, stars and stripes and firearms and 90% of their viewership will go lib. america is basically run by elites right now, and most of the electorate does and thinks what the elites tell them to think. (ironically, it's the most "individualistic" people, like the libertarians and the tea partiers, who are most likely to believe whatever their chosen standard bearer says, whether it be foxnews, ron paul or newsmax.)

so the question becomes, where will these elites choose to lead their gullible flocks? they've made a lot of bank off of deregulating and then playing the market. they've also made bank off of squeezing the middle class at the same time that they've convinced that self-same middle class that that squeezing sensation they feel is called "freedom." but surely these elites realize they're about to kill the goose that's laying the golden eggs, because that's not going to work out for them much better than it's going to work out for anyone else. sooner or later the bailouts are going to dry up, civil unrest is going to get out of control, inflation will kick in and their hoarded wealth will be worth a lot less. they may keep plundering the country anyway, out of sheer perversity, until we literally become third world, but if they come to their senses they can turn the country around to be a decently administered society without much trouble, because they have so much propaganda on their side and they have so many people out there who literally believe EVERYTHING they say.

And they know the method of successful propaganda:  They don't say very much, but what they do say they say loudly over and over and over again!
Karma! 

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smilejap.gif

Written By: philbo on 09/22/11 at 3:20 am

ISTM that you're crediting the controlling classes with considerably more intelligence than they've shown to date...

Written By: Tia on 09/22/11 at 7:18 am

ISTM that you're crediting the controlling classes with considerably more intelligence than they've shown to date...
i think they're intelligent. i also think they're myopic, craven and corrupt. but when it comes to forwarding their own interests, they show quite a bit of formal wits. as counterfeiting schemes go, for instance, the whole leveraged derivatives thing is quite clever. fox is also very clever in how it manipulates people. it won't do to underestimate these people, but that's also why i think if they recognize they're about to destroy the country and when they do they won't be able to rip it off anymore, they may change their direction just in the interest of salvaging their own fortunes. then again, maybe they'll just pull up stakes and leave america to die.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/11 at 3:09 pm

i think they're intelligent. i also think they're myopic, craven and corrupt. but when it comes to forwarding their own interests, they show quite a bit of formal wits. as counterfeiting schemes go, for instance, the whole leveraged derivatives thing is quite clever. fox is also very clever in how it manipulates people. it won't do to underestimate these people, but that's also why i think if they recognize they're about to destroy the country and when they do they won't be able to rip it off anymore, they may change their direction just in the interest of salvaging their own fortunes. then again, maybe they'll just pull up stakes and leave america to die.

I also believe in evil.  Call it Satan.  Call it Fallen Nature.  Call it the perils of the Ego.  Those bastards might pull up stake and populate the towers of Dubai, but they won't stop being evil.  They'll f**k it up over the just the same.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/devil3.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/23/11 at 10:09 am

ISTM that their motto is "just one more dance"

Written By: philbo on 09/23/11 at 10:44 am

Does anyone else look at the title of this thread and think "well, that's a Bachman Turner Overdrive parody band name.."?

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/24/11 at 9:12 pm

Does anyone else look at the title of this thread and think "well, that's a Bachman Turner Overdrive parody band name.."?

From a year or so ago:

"Bachmann?  Turn her over.  Drive."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/24/11 at 10:14 pm

From a year or so ago:

"Bachmann?  Turn her over.  Drive."

Apparently, Sarah Palin likes her men like she likes her coffee...
:-X

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/25/11 at 1:33 am

...their mouths zipped shut in a gimp suit like some sort of scene out of Pulp Fiction?  Doesn't make much sense with respect to coffee, but hey, whatever, I'm not gonna judge.

Written By: philbo on 09/25/11 at 8:52 am

Roasted and freshly ground?

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/30/11 at 11:22 am

Iced? Cold and bitter? ;)

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/01/11 at 10:11 pm

More on the politics of anti-science: A post in support by another blogger's contention that today's right is overwhelmingly more anti-science than today's left.

For the record, I'm not unbiased here; I'm in agreement with both posters.  When I was a kid, it was the loony left who was militantly opposed to nuclear power - even before Chernobyl and Fukushima.  And don't even get me started on the "deep ecology" types like the New Agers and the VHEMT folks.  On my end of the political spectrum, the right tolerated its religious wing, but when it came to politics, it ignored them like the useful idiots they were.  But I'm al(most) grown up now, and during that time, things have changed.

Back on topic, during the series of debates that prompted this thread, Jon Huntsman said that he agrees with the scientific consensus concerning evolution and global warming.  A glance at Republican blogs suggests that whether he's right or not, because his position on the former issue is tantamount to a burn-you-at-the-stake religious heresy, and the latter sounds suspiciously like the Greens' position on oil drilling, it doesn't matter whether he's electable or not, he'll never win the primary.

Every time the Republican elite moves away from science, the cost of my vote goes up.  I'm no paragon of virtue, and am more than willing to compromise a lot of my principles for short-term gains.  (Case in point - I prefer nuclear, solar, and wind, in approximately that order, but fossil fuels are fine by me, because I'll have been dead for 50 years before the consequences make your kids and grandkids miserable :)

At the rate the Republican party has gone off the rails with respect to science, however, if Michelle "anti-vax loon" Bachmann should win the nomination, the hypothetical price for my vote would be "A contract between Michelle and me, written in my real name, that I will receive a check for two million dollars, payable the day she takes office". 

tl;dr?  Clicky linky things up there.  They say it better than I did anyway.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/01/11 at 10:48 pm

For the record, I'm not unbiased here; I'm in agreement with both posters.  When I was a kid, it was the loony left who was militantly opposed to nuclear power - even before Chernobyl and Fukushima.  And don't even get me started on the "deep ecology" types like the New Agers and the VHEMT folks.  On my end of the political spectrum, the right tolerated its religious wing, but when it came to politics, it ignored them like the useful idiots they were.  But I'm al(most) grown up now, and during that time, things have changed.

The loony left was against nuclear power because Chernobyl and Fukishima were known to be quite possible...even inevitable.  Those nuke plant meltdowns will light you up like a Christmas tree and make you fart mushroom clouds! 

Speaking of...a little off topic...

You know who I saw on C-SPAN last night?  Tom Thomson, son of former Governor Meldrim Thomson (R-NH).  Rick Perry was in Derry and Thomson was stumping for him.  Mel Thomson was the paranoid reactionary governor who in 1977 dressed in military fatigues and helicoptered into Seabrook to have 1400 anti-nuke protesters arrested!  Thomson was in the Fourth of July Parade through our town that year.  When the Governor's limo coasted by my father shouted, "Hey, No Nukes!"  Thomson turned, furrowed his brow, and glowered at my Dad.  I expected the state cops to haul the old man off to the Concord nuthouse for re-education...but, nothing happened. 

My Dad was a rabid anti-nuker, especially regarding Seabrook, which was and is a dimestore firecracker job held together with gaffers tape and old garage door pulleys.  So, I was an Anti-Nuker, Jr.  I went to school wearing my "No Nukes" pin.  At recess another boy accosted me and inquired if my family had a gas stove.
"Yes we do," I said.
"Then you're a nuker!" he smugly retorted!

My first experience with holier-than-thou Lefty politics!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/twak.gif

Anyway, just a trip down Memory Lane, that is all.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/02/11 at 12:04 am

The loony left was against nuclear power because Chernobyl and Fukishima were known to be quite possible...even inevitable.  Those nuke plant meltdowns will light you up like a Christmas tree and make you fart mushroom clouds!  

Chernobyl took most everyone by surprise - the loony left was protesting US reactors, not Soviet reactors, even though Soviet designs were less safe than US designs.  (Fukushima I'm willing to call a draw.  We can bicker about who's fault it was that the BWR wasn't upgraded, but the fact remains that they implemented a design that would have been safe in most locations of the continental US, in a location that... wasn't the continental US.)

I expected the state cops to haul the old man off to the Concord nuthouse for re-education...but, nothing happened.  

Freedom's not easy, even for the governor's kids :)

Long as we're fessing up, I was as surprised as anyone that Fukushima failed the way it did.  I think the solution's to upgrade the 40-50 year old tech, but it's probably too late to that.  

I went to school wearing my "No Nukes" pin.  At recess another boy accosted me and inquired if my family had a gas stove.
"Yes we do," I said.
"Then you're a nuker!" he smugly retorted!

*headscratch*

If it's any consolation, I'm as confused as you must have been, and I was the kid who wore a "A NukEE never hurt anyone" shirt... which I could have gotten away with in college where degrees were offered in Nuclear Engineering (ZOMG, the comic is still going since 1997!), but which didn't go over too well some ~10 years before that when I was still in high school :)

Anyway, just a trip down Memory Lane, that is all.

You and me both :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/11 at 12:26 am

The anti-nukers in the seventies would not have liked the results of protesting the Soviet reactors, not in Leningrad or Kiev.  Brezhnev had different ideas about who was going to say what when and where!

Anyway, they were against nuke plants anywhere, especially in cracked-up failed state like Soviet Russia.  Now you got fifty year old reactors out on the steppes supervised by a senile one-armed colonel with cataracts and a bottle of vodka in his coat!

Oh, and among the waist-high mire of bullsh*t Perry filled that Derry gymnasium with was a statement about "Nobel laureate, very respected in his field, who resigned from the committee because he didn't agree with man-made global warming."  He didn't bother mentioning the man's name, what his field was, or which committee he resigned from...and those sheep from the conservative clover fields of New Hampsha didn't press him on it.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/jerk.gif

http://api.ning.com/files/w0Q50r4OdXPLikK4fiVu*qq4qmzD0VnlJU9sdHxW6DDqvfuDMV*nmqh2ZIx51aRr7KHGcY1apu5d4-RWzJFEuSWjD6phJze-/romneytaxpledge.jpg?width=640&height=480

Tom Thomson's the piggy on the right.  Perry signed the Thomson Tax Pledge Friday as Romney is doing here.

Check for new replies or respond here...