» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Do you know basic government officials names?

Written By: Dude111 on 09/19/11 at 11:45 am

1. Who is the Director of the FBI?
2. Who is the Director of the CIA?
3. Who is the National Security Advisor?
4. Who is the Director of National Intelligence, the post-9/11 'super-agency'?
5. Who is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
6. Who is the Deputy Director of the CIA for Operations (the 2/3 doing 'operations')?
7. Who is the Director of the NSA (National Security Agency)?
8. Can you name one second-tier official in the Department of State, or the intelligence agencies?

Bonus question: if you can name the US Ambassador to the United Nations you can replace one question above.

Bonus question #2: If you can name the Secretary General of the UN you can replace one question above.

Subject: Re: Do you know basic government officials names?

Written By: Bobby on 09/19/11 at 6:10 pm

The departments are that top secret, the people employed wouldn't know if they were employed by the government.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/11 at 1:39 am

Can I phone a friend please?

Written By: EthanM on 09/20/11 at 2:51 pm

Petraeus is head of the CIA now, right?

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/20/11 at 11:13 pm

Six out of eight.  Nice quiz.  Actually addresses the question of who's really in charge, far more than the "who's your Congresscritter" thing I'd expected :)

Edit: Correction, five.  Had to check one and failed.

And now I'm on a list for googling all of those terms just to check. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/20/11 at 11:38 pm

1. Who is the Director of the FBI?  Robert S. Mueller III

2. Who is the Director of the CIA? David Petraeus

3. Who is the National Security Advisor? Thomas E. Donilon

4. Who is the Director of National Intelligence, the post-9/11 'super-agency'?  James R. Clapper

5. Who is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? Adm. Michael Mullen

6. Who is the Deputy Director of the CIA for Operations (the 2/3 doing 'operations')?  Michael J. Morrell

7. Who is the Director of the NSA (National Security Agency)? Gen. Keith B. Alexander

8. Can you name one second-tier official in the Department of State, or the intelligence agencies? Thomas R. Nides, Deputy U.S. Secretary of State for Management and Resources

Bonus question: if you can name the US Ambassador to the United Nations you can replace one question above.  Susan Rice

Bonus question #2: If you can name the Secretary General of the UN you can replace one question above. Ban Ki Moon

I take no credit.  I double checked my answers on Google.

Written By: King Tut on 09/21/11 at 3:19 pm

I only knew 2.
Rice and Ban Ki Moon

(I'm not an American so answering the first 8 would be a strech for me)  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/23/11 at 12:44 pm

1. Who is the Director of the FBI?  Robert S. Mueller III

2. Who is the Director of the CIA? David Petraeus

3. Who is the National Security Advisor? Thomas E. Donilon

4. Who is the Director of National Intelligence, the post-9/11 'super-agency'?  James R. Clapper

5. Who is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? Adm. Michael Mullen

6. Who is the Deputy Director of the CIA for Operations (the 2/3 doing 'operations')?  Michael J. Morrell

7. Who is the Director of the NSA (National Security Agency)? Gen. Keith B. Alexander

8. Can you name one second-tier official in the Department of State, or the intelligence agencies? Thomas R. Nides, Deputy U.S. Secretary of State for Management and Resources

Bonus question: if you can name the US Ambassador to the United Nations you can replace one question above.  Susan Rice

Bonus question #2: If you can name the Secretary General of the UN you can replace one question above. Ban Ki Moon

I take no credit.  I double checked my answers on Google.
I have heard of Ban Ki Moon, but to say in the context of this topic, I did not know.

Check for new replies or respond here...