» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Chris Christie's weight as an issue

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/30/11 at 7:46 pm

As Governor Chris Christie gets more and more media attention as a potential presidential candidate, liberal commentators keep talking about how he's fat fat fat.

I wish they'd knock it off.

I don't like Christie and I don't support him, but I don't want candidates vetted first and foremost on physical fitness.  Chris Christie's a big boy.  He's candid about it.  He has access to the best medical care.  He is only 49 years old.

They've kept Dick Cheney alive, the can keep Christie alive. 

Michael Kinsley carped about how Christie's weight would be a bad symbol for the country.  Why?  Because we're too heavy and our appetites our too big.  Well, wait a minute.  Some people have metabolic predispositions to obesity.  Maybe Kinsley knows something about Christie that I don't, but I'm not going to assume he's a gluttonous slob just because he's big.  Let's focus on political issues, not personal issues.

Again, I can't stand the guy.  I think he's an obnoxious lout.  However, all those pundits ranking on him for his weight has me feeling some sympathy for Governor Christie.  Good job guys.

::)

Subject: Re: Chris Christie's weight as an issue

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/01/11 at 11:17 am

What part of "NO" don't you understand?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KoWoX6TzCc

Cat

Written By: philbo on 10/07/11 at 4:00 am

What part of "NO" don't you understand?

Thanks for that - Jon Stewart really is a class apart, isn't he?

Re Christie - no, he's not going to run.  That much is obvious :)

Written By: Bobby on 10/08/11 at 9:23 am

It's a bit sad that a man's run for presidency has to revolve around his weight. If Christie is an 'obnoxious lout' then maybe the pundits should look in that direction for a smear campaign instead?

As for the 'I'm not running' montage, I thought that was funny.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/08/11 at 9:25 pm

It's a bit sad that a man's run for presidency has to revolve around his weight. If Christie is an 'obnoxious lout' then maybe the pundits should look in that direction for a smear campaign instead?

As for the 'I'm not running' montage, I thought that was funny.  ;D

Only I said he was an "obnoxious lout."  However, he's too liberal for the Republican base.

Check for new replies or respond here...