» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Herman Cain: 9.9.9. Reaganomics on steroids

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/19/11 at 10:37 am

The Cain plan hurts anybody making under $200,000 a year.  It mandates a 9% tax on food, clothing, and medicine.  It throws out the capital gains tax.  9.9.9. is a farce.  I am stunned the Republicans--even the Republicans--are taking this dangerous man seriously.

More here:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/10/how-herman-cains-9-9-9-plan-would-change-your-taxes/246941/

Subject: Re: Herman Cain: 9.9.9. Reaganomics on steroids

Written By: Ryan112390 on 10/19/11 at 3:52 pm

The Cain plan hurts anybody making under $200,000 a year.  It mandates a 9% tax on food, clothing, and medicine.  It throws out the capital gains tax.  9.9.9. is a farce.  I am stunned the Republicans--even the Republicans--are taking this dangerous man seriously.

More here:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/10/how-herman-cains-9-9-9-plan-would-change-your-taxes/246941/

Bolded is why the Republicans are taking him seriously.

Written By: Tia on 10/19/11 at 5:31 pm

simple solutions appeal to simple-minded people who also like bright, shiny things. think flat tax, fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here, if you're poor it must be because you don't work hard, the free market is a utopia. all these right-wing ideas have one thing in common: you need something like a third-grade education to understand them, but if you have a ninth-grade education, you start seeing what's wrong with them.

the cons don't even WANT to implement 9-9-9. it would explode the deficit and bankrupt the nation probably within a year, and things are bad enough as it is. but it's sorta catchy so they run with it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/19/11 at 6:58 pm

simple solutions appeal to simple-minded people who also like bright, shiny things. think flat tax, fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here, if you're poor it must be because you don't work hard, the free market is a utopia. all these right-wing ideas have one thing in common: you need something like a third-grade education to understand them, but if you have a ninth-grade education, you start seeing what's wrong with them.

the cons don't even WANT to implement 9-9-9. it would explode the deficit and bankrupt the nation probably within a year, and things are bad enough as it is. but it's sorta catchy so they run with it.

If I was paranoid, I'd say Cain is a conspiracy to make Mitt the Inevitable look sophisticated.
::)

Written By: Tia on 10/19/11 at 7:19 pm

If I was paranoid, I'd say Cain is a conspiracy to make Mitt the Inevitable look sophisticated.
::)
i AM paranoid, so i find that to be a fascinating idea. for three years i've been hearing (and quite seriously considering the possibility) that obama got into office to throw the fight. now i'm thinking maybe cain is throwing the fight too.

but nah, the republican primaries are always a freakshow. it'll be romney.

Check for new replies or respond here...