» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Adios Gaddafi!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/11 at 12:20 pm

Mummar Gaddafi, dictator of Libya for  more 42 years, is dead by gunshot wounds.  

Story developing in The Guardian (caution: some of the footage is graphic)

Gaddafi, who ruled Libya from 1969 until August this year, was killed by forces loyal to the country's new government. The Libyan government has confirmed his death. Gaddafi 69, was reportedly found hiding in a drain outside Sirte, where he and and others had taken shelter after their convoy was hit by a Nato airstrike as it attempted to escape. A spokesman for the National Tranisitional Council – Libya's ruling body – said Gaddafi was alive when captured but died in an ambulance on the way to hospital.

National Liberation Army forces fished Gaddafi out of a storm drain where he had taken refuge as the city of Sirte, in southwestern Libya, fell to the NTC.  It reminds me of Saddam.  Vainglorious thug, haughty above all, caught hiding in a hole in the ground.  Unlike Saddam, there was no arrest.  They just slaughtered him.  Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Subject: Re: Adios Gaddafi!

Written By: Doc Brown on 10/20/11 at 1:32 pm

"WE'LL LIFT UP OUR GLASSES AGAINST EVIL FORCES,
SINGING: WHISKEY FOR MY MEN, BEER FOR MY HORSES!"

Congradulations to all the good people of Libya for achieving their freedom, and to the brave rebels who finally brought this scumbag to his Final Justice. I am sure all of America, due to the Pan Am bombing, would like to give them a 103-gun salute. No doubt his victims are celebrating in Heaven, with our own President Reagan invited to the party.

Mummar Gaddafi, May God have mercy on your soul(assuming you have one).

Your Pal,
Doc

;D

Written By: nally on 10/20/11 at 1:36 pm

I'd heard about this on the news this morning; it was a developing story. The TV news even showed a footage of the whole thing which was caught on someone's cell phone cam.

Written By: Howard on 10/20/11 at 1:58 pm

Good Riddance,so far we got rid of Saddam Hussein in 2003,Osama Bin Laden earlier this year and now Moahmmar Ghadafi,Who's next on our agenda?  >:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/20/11 at 2:26 pm

The AFP news agency reports that Egypt's government said it hoped Col Gaddafi's death would "open a new chapter" in the country's history. In a statement, Cairo said it was "ready to support the Libyan people in reconstructing their country".

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/20/11 at 3:05 pm

Good Riddance,so far we got rid of Saddam Hussein in 2003,Osama Bin Laden earlier this year and now Moahmmar Ghadafi,Who's next on our agenda?  >:(

Kim Jong Il.

He's just sooooo Ronery.

xh_9QhRzJEs ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 10/20/11 at 3:45 pm

http://s3.amazonaws.com/findagrave/photos/2001/222/lockerbie.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/20/11 at 3:49 pm

Kim Jong Il.

He's just sooooo Ronery.

xh_9QhRzJEs ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsP6m7_GVVI

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/20/11 at 3:59 pm

The body of Mutassim Gaddafi, one of Col Gaddafi's sons, has been laid out in a private home in Misrata, a Reuters reporter at the scene says. People have been crowding round the body to take pictures on their mobile phones, the correspondent says.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/20/11 at 6:05 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but we didn't get Ghadafi.  It was Lybians that wanted change in the government that got him.  With dictators like him, that is the only way to get them out of power.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/20/11 at 6:15 pm

Adios, mofo.

While I shed no tears for Quadaghhi, the general tone of US Government figures on this matter is 100% hypocritical.  They're tripping over themselves to say what a big pr*ck he was, yet they fail to mention that the USA worked productively with him in suppressing Al Qaeda in North Africa and that he was actually a reliable ally in the war on terror.  True, he was motivated by self preservation but the current vilification of him by the US government is disingenuous.

I reiterate my position that by actively getting oruselves involved in the Libyan situation, we have sowed the seeds of future strife and instability in North Africa.  Let's hope it stays confined to that area.

By the way has anybody seen about 10,000 shoulder-fired antiaircraft missiles?  Seems they've been misplaced in all the hubbob over there...

Farebad, Col. Kadaffi.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/11 at 6:38 pm

I'm surprised he didn't get whacked earlier this year. 

I just hope the next sonofabitch in Tripoli isn't even worse than Colonel Q!
::)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/20/11 at 8:39 pm

I'm surprised he didn't get whacked earlier this year. 

I just hope the next sonofabitch in Tripoli isn't even worse than Colonel Q!

Be assured that we will pick the next one, and he will be a prick.

But then again, with the poppy bush out of the picture anything can happen.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/11 at 10:13 pm

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1918624/81422312.jpg
TIME...

TO DIE!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/11 at 10:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwuB5WPbRhc

Written By: philbo on 10/21/11 at 3:09 am

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02033/211011-MATT-web_2033029a.jpg

Written By: Howard on 10/21/11 at 6:39 am

Kim Jong Il.

He's just sooooo Ronery.

xh_9QhRzJEs ;D

How long has he been in power?

Written By: Howard on 10/21/11 at 6:40 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but we didn't get Ghadafi.  It was Lybians that wanted change in the government that got him.  With dictators like him, that is the only way to get them out of power.

I'm glad the Libyans are free now.

Written By: Howard on 10/21/11 at 6:42 am

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02033/211011-MATT-web_2033029a.jpg

;D

Written By: philbo on 10/21/11 at 9:00 am

I'm glad the Libyans are free now.

Time will tell, and freedom is relative..

Written By: seamermar on 10/21/11 at 4:10 pm

Karma for you !! :)

That's accurate Dagnabbit  ;),  it musn't be forgotten that Obama didn't want to support Lybian people when they were being massacred.
For thousands have been killed at prisons and streets as free world looked at Lybian wells, and barrels to fill in.
Even European leaders made business with Ghadafi, no one never cared of single folks before. ::) 
Before countrymen faced his own Lybian tyran, several free countries sovereigns shared table and vice, as it was Ghadafi who pays.
Only because things turned out bad for Muamad  those in-the-make politics changed their minds to fit in the new scene. 8-P

Please...

NOT TO MINCE MATTERS

Written By: seamermar on 10/21/11 at 4:31 pm

Be assured that we will pick the next one, and he will be a prick.

But then again, with the poppy bush out of the picture anything can happen.

I guess just Danoota&Me and me see this situation from another point of view.

I can't understand how hard it's to folks following the threads of power from Whasington to don't matter what country on earth.

They pick, pull and push all around, as they like, when they like and the who they like.

Saddan, Franco or Somoza never cared about democracy but they all had the support of the White House.

Even the evil Osama was brought on US arms, and most of American doesn't ask themselves ......

home comes we bring up so many tyrants ?  :-[

Think about it ::)

As some democrats cheer with champagne the blowing out of a dictator,  some more greedy pals are rising their glasses cause a lot of petrol poles are pointing in their profit.

Poor Ghadafi's punchy people, who will come afterward to grind your land ?  8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/21/11 at 4:32 pm

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/Phil_O-Sopher/supermuammario3.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/21/11 at 6:07 pm

Where is the Muslim outrage over his dead body being defiled? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/21/11 at 7:08 pm

I dunno, LibyaBoy, maybe he just wasn't well liked enough in the end.
:)

Karma for you !! :)

That's accurate Dagnabbit  ;),  it musn't be forgotten that Obama didn't want to support Lybian people when they were being massacred.
For thousands have been killed at prisons and streets as free world looked at Lybian wells, and barrels to fill in.
Even European leaders made business with Ghadafi, no one never cared of single folks before. ::) 
Before countrymen faced his own Lybian tyran, several free countries sovereigns shared table and vice, as it was Ghadafi who pays.
Only because things turned out bad for Muamad  those in-the-make politics changed their minds to fit in the new scene. 8-P

Please...

NOT TO MINCE MATTERS

It's like your mafia movies.  We don't care how rotten the guy is as long as he serves our interests and keeps his mouth shut.  If he's making trouble or he just isn't any use to us, then he's fair game.

The Libyans did the actual killing, but it was a U.S. drone that bombed the convoy.

Written By: Howard on 10/21/11 at 7:21 pm

Time will tell, and freedom is relative..

Maybe they can come to The US to find a job? ???

Written By: Howard on 10/21/11 at 7:22 pm

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm66/Phil_O-Sopher/supermuammario3.gif

HAHA I like that!  ;D

Written By: Doc Brown on 10/21/11 at 10:42 pm

Maybe they can come to The US to find a job? ???

Why would they when most Americans who want a job can't find one?

Your Pal,
Doc

>:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/21/11 at 10:57 pm

Your Pal,
Doc

They'll work for peanuts!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/grommit.gif

Written By: Doc Brown on 10/21/11 at 11:06 pm

Hope they don't go to L.A., think of all the Mexicans they'll put out of work!

Your Pal,
Doc

;D

Written By: Howard on 10/22/11 at 6:33 am

Your Pal,
Doc

That's why they need to learn the classified.

Written By: Howard on 10/22/11 at 6:34 am

They'll be cartguys.  :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/22/11 at 8:26 am

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20090710/0013729e48090bc1321e37.jpg

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/22/11 at 10:57 am

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20090710/0013729e48090bc1321e37.jpg

You also need to post Rumsfeld with Saddam

Written By: Doc Brown on 10/22/11 at 1:34 pm

How about Gaddafi shaking hands with Hussein and Bin Laden... IN HELL!?

Your Pal,
Doc

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/asta.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/22/11 at 3:44 pm

You also need to post Rumsfeld with Saddam

Here ya go...

http://www.humorgazette.com/images/pix-rummy-saddam.jpg

Written By: Howard on 10/22/11 at 7:35 pm

caption: "Hey Barack,I'm gonna blow up your country". ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/22/11 at 7:50 pm

F242 - Funkhadafi

Instead of dubbing that onto the actual video, I used some advanced image reconstruction to extrapolate what happened a few minutes after the shaky cellphone cam video ended.

http://blog.chuckjones.com/.a/6a010536b5599f970c012877b542ec970c-500wi

Actual framegrab, swear to Dobbs!

By western standards: a man should hold doors open for women not because they're ladies, but because he's a gentleman.

By human standards: as any parent would tell a non-parent: "It's different when they're your own."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/11 at 8:07 pm

By human standards: as any parent would tell a non-parent: "It's different when they're your own."

That's why I'd rather adopt.  Blame the little monster on another man's seed!
:-\\

Written By: seamermar on 10/23/11 at 3:20 am

I know I'm gonna risk to touch a raw nerve this time, but I never walk away, so I dare to share this my view, quite far and different from yours.

It's like your mafia movies.  We don't care how rotten the guy is as long as he serves our interests and keeps his mouth shut.  If he's making trouble or he just isn't any use to us, then he's fair game.

The Libyans did the actual killing, but it was a U.S. drone that bombed the convoy.

I'm not Italian MaxwellSmart, hence you probably endorse me such a thing,   you can rarely see all through Spanish films  mafia in the movies. But I agree with you to all the rest...except about ...
..the accurately they work these US bumblebees.

I guess they fly around aimlessly, as a token of mission-missils-mess ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0&feature=player_embedded#!

if not something dreadfully worst ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP3FUYjZyuI

Collateral murders drop down very so often from US tanks & drones.
I guess war is a source of stress, hard to hold the finger out of trigger, but sometimes we can see they don't care who they "bless" with their blaze, civilians or press.

It's always the same my friend. You can see it through ancient and early history. The greed is the seed of a many grief.

Those who then made great mountains of  money with the bastard they did put on the throne, are the ones who now send our sons to war to kill that damn bastard become devil foe, and in the meantime .....as blood oozes from youth wounds,  the dough  sprouts from wells into their pockets and corpes from both sides keep in the hall of forget-me-not

I hate to recall these sad blames & shames,  forgive me all of you, but we all must stop this nonesense once for all.

We all need a clear and real  democracy better sooner than later from the west into the east.
Then may the world to rest and breathe in peace.

Sorry if I ever sound so sensitive, but this is serious enough to make a mockery of lot of sorry.

We can mess around on the rest...I guess

Written By: seamermar on 10/23/11 at 11:37 am

That's why I'd rather adopt.  Blame the little monster on another man's seed!
:-\\

Wrong again dear Maxwell !!,  many times is not sperm but spam.

Take a little kid from the finest breed and make him march, rant and rave all day long and also overnight.
Whether hi 's brought up by sergeant Hartman, Osama, Al Fatah or Hamas, he's gonna be, anyway, a killer for all the world to blast.

spam  8-P is stronger than sperm  ::) my friend   :P

But surely this post it's another seamermar's masturdate  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/23/11 at 11:51 pm

Wrong again dear Maxwell !!,  many times is not sperm but spam.

Take a little kid from the finest breed and make him march, rant and rave all day long and also overnight.
Whether hi 's brought up by sergeant Hartman, Osama, Al Fatah or Hamas, he's gonna be, anyway, a killer for all the world to blast.

spam  8-P is stronger than sperm  ::) my friend   :P

But surely this post it's another seamermar's masturdate  :D

IT (are you with me so far? Okay) WAS (do you follow, let me know you're confused, so we can review) A (with me so far?  I'll review after) JOKE (did you get that last part?  I'll give you an extra five minutes.)

Okay, ready: IT WAS A JOKE!

Written By: seamermar on 10/24/11 at 4:44 am

After a long long time of reading it I get it and....  in deed I LOVE it.

IT (are you with me so far? Okay) WAS (do you follow, let me know you're confused, so we can review) A (with me so far?  I'll review after) JOKE (did you get that last part?  I'll give you an extra five minutes.)

Sorry that the rest of your messages would take more than a decade for me to unveil, if not I'm gonna get a good kick out of them.
Teasing is as important as breathing when you live in the cold north pole as we all do, isn't it ?  ;)

As for the ones of mine, in spite I did add some  :P :D in the lines, you didn't get it was also a joke-play-words from my part ?
>:( I guess you aren't anymore that Smart in your nick that so much makes me laugh  :P  ( sigh )

In any case I thank you for this puzzle of explanation, it's funny too  ;)

Will you answer me whatever, whenever I ask you ?  ???

I swear to God I always leaned to Maxwellsmart's blanders & blunders before the fairly beauty of Ninety-nine.
Don't make me change my mind and let me learn and laugh by your side.

Goodbye  compañero !!  and cheerioooooooooo

;)

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/24/11 at 1:58 pm

IT (are you with me so far? Okay) WAS (do you follow, let me know you're confused, so we can review) A (with me so far?  I'll review after) JOKE (did you get that last part?  I'll give you an extra five minutes.)

I gave you some Karma...you needed some.

It seems we have ONE person we CAN'T agree in posts here. Trust me, it's happened to me and Doc.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/11 at 3:10 pm

The bodies of former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, his son and defence minister were buried in a secret location in the desert at dawn, officials say.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/25/11 at 11:50 pm

Sorry that the rest of your messages would take more than a decade for me to unveil, if not I'm gonna get a good kick out of them.
Teasing is as important as breathing when you live in the cold north pole as we all do, isn't it ?  ;)

I was about to explain the joke, and you beat me to it. 

For the record, dude, your patience and diligence at deciphering USA-based, English-language idiom and humor beats ours all to hell. 

If history had turned out otherwise, I wish I could say I'd spend as much time learning (Japanese, Mandarin, German, or even Spanish :) humor.  If history had turned out differently, I'd probably be one of those bass-ackward (in the States, we call that a Spoonerism) reprobates whose ancestors never made it out of the British isles, let alone made it to the Spanish-speaking colonies of the New World.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/19/11 at 6:57 am

Colonel Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam has been captured, Libya's interim justice minister is reported to have said.

Written By: Doc Brown on 11/19/11 at 2:59 pm

Colonel Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam has been captured, Libya's interim justice minister is reported to have said.

Good. You boil the tar, I'll pluck the feathers.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/20/11 at 11:15 am

Col Gaddafi's former intelligence chief Abdullah Sanussi reported arrested in southern Libya, NTC officials say

Check for new replies or respond here...