» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: "Occupy" Urges Boycott of 'Black Friday'

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/24/11 at 11:35 am

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/24/occupy-inspired-campaign-urges-boycott-black-friday/

For once, something from the 'Occupy' gang with which I can agree.

The whole 'Black Friday' hooplah is nonsense, bait put out there for the fish to come and bite.  You'd think that 'Black Friday' was the holiday and not Thanksgiving/Christmas...

Maybe they will 'Occupy' all the Best Buys and Wal-Marts? ???

Subject: Re: "Occupy" Urges Boycott of 'Black Friday'

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/24/11 at 10:49 pm

The whole 'Black Friday' hooplah is nonsense, bait put out there for the fish to come and bite.  You'd think that 'Black Friday' was the holiday and not Thanksgiving/Christmas...

http://1.images.theweek.com/img/dir_0069/34673_cartoon_main/occupy-black-friday.jpg

Indeud.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/24/11 at 10:56 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/24/occupy-inspired-campaign-urges-boycott-black-friday/

Maybe they will 'Occupy' all the Best Buys and Wal-Marts? ???

On Thursday we stuff our faces, on Friday we raid the Wal-Mart.  I'm not much for interfering with people's limbic brain impulses if they're not harming anyone else. 

I'll stay home and have a turkey sandwich!

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/25/11 at 1:31 pm

On Thursday we stuff our faces, on Friday we raid the Wal-Mart.  I'm not much for interfering with people's limbic brain impulses if they're not harming anyone else. 

I'll stay home and have a turkey sandwich!

I'm doing what I did when I was a kid on the day after Thanksgiving...

Make Sandwiches and watch cartoons on DVD! fudge Black Friday, this is my only "Black Friday"!...

mTMj8x75pWk

Written By: Brian06 on 11/25/11 at 1:47 pm

I saw some people already sleeping outside of Best Buy a few days ago for Black Friday, made me laugh. You could just buy online and save just as much or more, but hey whatever floats their boat I guess.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/25/11 at 1:49 pm

I saw some people already sleeping outside of Best Buy a few days ago for Black Friday, made me laugh. You could just buy online and save just as much or more, but hey whatever floats their boat I guess.  ;D

On Black Friday it's not what you get, it's what you get before the other guy does!
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/25/11 at 6:54 pm

On Black Friday it's not what you get, it's what you get before the other guy does!
::)

Yep, hit those mofos with a good shot of pepper spray so that you can get an X-Box 360 at 3% off price.  ::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/25/11 at 6:57 pm

Yep, hit those mofos with a good shot of pepper spray so that you can get an X-Box 360 at 3% off price.   ::)

And the third great commandment (don't write this one down, guys) is like unto the second: Do unto others long before they can do unto you!

Black Friday without crime at Wal*Mart is like turkey without stuffing!

2-TM75-bI0A

(She only had 60 seconds, so she didn't get the shooting at the San Leandro, CA Wal*Mart.  But two outa three Wal*Mart incidents ain't bad!)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/25/11 at 9:21 pm

When I was a lad we didn't have "Black Friday"* as such.  It was the day after Thanksgiving, and a lot of people went shopping...BUT that wasn't good enough for the merchants.  They wanted a consumer feeding frenzy, so commercial interests pushed Black Friday like crack.  The merchants are now scared of their creation.

Paging Dr. Frankenstein...
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/frankie.gif

* The term was gaining currency in the seventies, but grownups didn't fight over toys...not until the Cabbage Patch doll hysteria of 1984!

Check for new replies or respond here...