» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Romeny's slogan, "Keep America American" is also the same as the KKK's slogan

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/13/11 at 3:28 pm

Romney adopts KKK slogan: "Keep America American"

How many times did we hear Obama called a Marxist because he used the phrase "wealth distribution"?  Should we be hearing the same comment about Romney picking up the same slogan as the KKK? Of course not.  He's a Republican after all.  His xenophobia is just a coincidence.

Subject: Re: Romeny's slogan, "Keep America American" is also the same as the KKK's slogan

Written By: RG1995 on 12/13/11 at 9:27 pm

This is about as stupid as calling Obama a Communist.

Subject: Re: Romeny's slogan, "Keep America American" is also the same as the KKK's slogan

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/11 at 10:16 pm

Something else inane and stupid for Mitt to say.
::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/14/11 at 12:10 pm

What.  An.  Idiot.

No one on his campaign bothered to do any research before they chose their slogan?

And on another note, I cannot BELIEVE that "keep America American" is a KKK slogan!  >:(  (Well I can, because I think the KKK is a group of utter morons) but AMERICA is a melting pot.  It is the core of everything this country represents.  Isn't that slogan almost the exact opposite of everything the klan stands for?  Mind-boggling in it's stupitidy.  But then, I suppose I shouldn't expect anything less from such an idiotic group. 

Written By: danootaandme on 12/14/11 at 6:03 pm

Isn't that slogan almost the exact opposite of everything the klan stands for? 

They have their own interpretation of what an American is, and for them their definition fits.  I am thinking the same with Romney.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/14/11 at 7:46 pm

Romney: Keeping dumb dumb!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/rudolf.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/15/11 at 11:41 am

What.  An.  Idiot.

No one on his campaign bothered to do any research before they chose their slogan?

Bet you $10,000 they didn't

Written By: Tia on 12/15/11 at 12:17 pm

I'm less offended by the fact that the KKK used that slogan than I am by how stupid and meaningless it is.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/15/11 at 8:58 pm

I'm less offended by the fact that the KKK used that slogan than I am by how stupid and meaningless it is.

That's only because you're not in the target audience

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/11 at 9:42 pm

That's only because you're not in the target audience

And who is the target audience?
???

Written By: philbo on 12/16/11 at 6:17 am

And who is the target audience?
???

People who think "Keep America American" is a meaningful phrase, whose sentiment they agree with.

..so look for those who ain't too good at thinking, and reckon illegal immigrants are flooding over the border in the millions.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/16/11 at 3:55 pm

People who think "Keep America American" is a meaningful phrase, whose sentiment they agree with.

..so look for those who ain't too good at thinking, and reckon illegal immigrants are flooding over the border in the millions.

LOL.  Best explanation ever!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/16/11 at 6:45 pm

It means Keep America White

And everybody knows it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/19/11 at 3:43 pm

It means Keep America White

And everybody knows it.

this...

and this..

are full of win

Written By: Tia on 12/19/11 at 3:56 pm

So... "Keep America Dumb, Nativist, and Venal," then? Hmm, I could vote for that, I suppose.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/11 at 9:25 pm

So... "Keep America Dumb, Nativist, and Venal," then? Hmm, I could vote for that, I suppose.

Shop as usual.

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/19/11 at 9:45 pm

And who is the target audience? ???

Only those who hear the dog whistle.

You know who.  Those people.

Written By: philbo on 12/20/11 at 7:29 am

People wouldn't vote for that: too honest

:)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/20/11 at 9:41 pm

People wouldn't vote for that: too honest

:)

Most Americans don't know what either "nativist" or "venal" means.  Hate to say so, but I'm afraid it's true.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/duckie.gif

Written By: philbo on 12/21/11 at 5:33 am

Most Americans don't know what either "nativist" or "venal" means.  Hate to say so, but I'm afraid it's true.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/duckie.gif

Nativist has something to do with the Nativity, right?
Venal means to do with veins

Got it!

Written By: Tia on 12/21/11 at 7:39 am

i thought venal had to do with venison?

Written By: philbo on 12/21/11 at 9:49 am

Oh, deer

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/21/11 at 8:13 pm

Nativist has something to do with the Nativity, right?

We've come to pay homage to Him.

Homage?  You're drunk!  It's disgusting!

;)

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/22/11 at 1:30 am

Punishment for venal sin:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b303/AvelineGrace/fdc871.jpg

Punishment for mortal sin:

http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/46744/2375857070033178129S500x500Q85.jpg

(Hmm, it's not exactly a lump of coal...)

Merry Christmas!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/22/11 at 1:44 am

Punishment for venal sin:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b303/AvelineGrace/fdc871.jpg

Punishment for mortal sin:

http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/46744/2375857070033178129S500x500Q85.jpg

(Hmm, it's not exactly a lump of coal...)

Merry Christmas!

There are numerous puns about Santa coming down the chimney, but I'm afraid a visual component is not within forum guidelines.
:-X

Check for new replies or respond here...