» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Matt Damon to President: "Grow a Set"

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/22/11 at 6:09 pm

Matt Damon, a fairly reliable promoter of the Democratic party, went on blast about President O'bama in an Elle Magazine interview.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/matt-damon-rips-president-obama-elle-magazine-a-prez-balls-better-article-1.995332

Subject: Re: Matt Damon to President: "Grow a Set"

Written By: Emman on 12/22/11 at 6:57 pm

Matt Damon, a fairly reliable promoter of the Democratic party, went on blast about President O'bama in an Elle Magazine interview.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/matt-damon-rips-president-obama-elle-magazine-a-prez-balls-better-article-1.995332

I will NEVER forgive Obama for requesting that US citizens be included in the infamous indefinite detention bill(although it's a evil bill either way).
I hope he's happy now that he's satisfied his coporate buddies.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/22/11 at 7:25 pm

I will NEVER forgive Obama for requesting that US citizens be included in the infamous indefinite detention bill(although it's a evil bill either way).
I hope he's happy now that he's satisfied his coporate buddies.

That had nothing to do with his corporate buddies... he took care of them by appointing most of them to government positions, or by giving them taxpayer $$$.

As to infinite detention... I have to give the Prez some credit as opposed to Bush II.  Bush's strategy was a no-win, no-exit option strategy to detain the cretins at Guantanamo Bay.  O'bama wisely smokes those mofos via drones and Hellfire missiles.  The dudes at Gitmo should have been snuffed on the battlefield where they were found.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/22/11 at 7:26 pm

Interesting phrase to use in "Elle" magazine.
:-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/22/11 at 7:41 pm

Interesting phrase to use in "Elle" magazine.
:-\\

Indeed. One would have thought he'd choose a manlier magazine to make his comments, like Lumberjack Monthly or something like that.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/22/11 at 7:45 pm

Indeed. One would have thought he'd choose a manlier magazine to make his comments, like Lumberjack Monthly or something like that.   ;D

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Written By: philbo on 12/23/11 at 3:52 am

<cough>

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/23/11 at 11:49 am

Why is it that people pay attention to what actors have  to say about politics?

Written By: danootaandme on 12/23/11 at 12:22 pm

Then vote for them and send them to the White House.  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/23/11 at 12:24 pm

I sleep all night and I work all day.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/23/11 at 12:46 pm

I sleep all night and I work all day.

Cat

He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps,
He likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing
And hangs around in bars

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/23/11 at 12:48 pm

That is part of the cult of celebrity in the USA, combined with the natural tendency of many actors to be narcissistic.

Cooper Lawrence probably has alot to say on this subject...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/23/11 at 8:21 pm

Matt Damon grew up next door to Howard Zinn!  Damon pumped "People's History" in "Good Will Hunting." 

Now Damon makes, wot, ten million a picture, so he pretty okay in the free market!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/icon_biggrin.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/23/11 at 10:26 pm

We appreciate the skills of people who are talented at convincing us they're someone they aren't.  We even pay money to experience the feelings their characters can engender in our hearts and minds.

Same job, different studio.

Written By: RG1995 on 12/23/11 at 10:44 pm

Idk. Team America gave a good impression of them imo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPWJOJYVKc

Written By: danootaandme on 12/24/11 at 6:05 am

It seems to be a Republican thing to complain about actors who get involved in politics(Streisand, Damon, Sarandon, etc).then turn around and embrace actors in their own party, Reagan, Murphy, Bono, Gandy, Schwartenegger.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/24/11 at 6:54 am

It seems to be a Republican thing to complain about actors who get involved in politics(Streisand, Damon, Sarandon, etc).then turn around and embrace actors in their own party, Reagan, Murphy, Bono, Gandy, Schwartenegger.

Streisand, Demon, and Sarandon didn't run for office. They just sat on the bleachers and catcalled. At least Al Franken had the 'nads to run for office.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/24/11 at 7:29 am

Streisand, Demon, and Sarandon didn't run for office. They just sat on the bleachers and catcalled. At least Al Frankenstein had the 'nads to run for office.

Catcall......like those entertainers Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Savage, etc.  Let's not forget that they are entertainers and their jobs depend on ratings.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/24/11 at 7:52 am

We appreciate the skills of people who are talented at convincing us they're someone they aren't.  We even pay money to experience the feelings their characters can engender in our hearts and minds.

Same job, different studio.

That reminds me of the old saying that Washington is really just Hollywood for ugly people. :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/24/11 at 8:48 am

Catcall......like those entertainers Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Savage, etc.  Let's not forget that they are entertainers and their jobs depend on ratings.

True, true.  But those guys (along with their liberal/left counterparts at CBS and MFNBC) do that as their job.

The Hollywood types do it as a hobby because they think we all want to know what they think, that somehow their celebrity endows them with insights about which we should care.  Like we are all sitting on the edges of our chairs waiting to hear Susan Sarandon accuse the Pope of being a Nazi.

I gotta give O'bama some credit though, for taking a pot shot at some of Damon's movies.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/26/11 at 10:04 pm

Even the cat keeps walking away when those guys call!
8-P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/27/11 at 7:59 pm

Even the cat keeps walking away when those guys call!
8-P

Um... :-\\

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...