inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Decade Ahead and You

Written By: Echo Nomad on 12/31/09 at 10:26 pm

Now with the Twenty 10's (or teens?) ahead, where do you want to see yourself at the end?

Subject: Re: The Decade Ahead and You

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/01/10 at 7:48 am

At the end of this decade I will be in my 40's  :\'(, so I don't want to think that far ahead.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/01/10 at 9:33 am

Now with the Twenty 10's (or teens?) ahead, where do you want to see yourself at the end?

-----

As for myself, I think these are the years that will see my life finally get into gear.  :)

How old are you? I'm 21 and will be 31 by the end.

Whoa, that means I'll be a full fledged grown-up by the end!  ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 01/01/10 at 9:59 am

Hopefully in a stable job and happily married. In a few months I'm gonna be 23 which is a bit scary because I think that's when people should start worrying about adult things. I'm seeing people I knew in school starting to land good jobs and getting married and stuff now and it's pretty surreal. I had a few teachers in high school that were 23. Can't believe I'm almost in my mid 20s.  :o

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/01/10 at 10:06 am

Hopefully I would get a permanent, full time job. I also hope my mom would retire from her job this year. I also hope to meet new people and make friends around my area since my only friends around where I live moved out. My best friend that I've known since kindergarten had been asking me for money ever since she moved out since things were screwed up for her and her fam and I'm not able to help her out.  :\'( I hope she would get back on her feet soon. Well, enough about that. I just hope that this year would be a lot sweeter than last year and that the economy will get better.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/01/10 at 10:07 am

Hopefully in a stable job and happily married. In a few months I'm gonna be 23 which is a bit scary because I think that's when people should start worrying about adult things. I'm seeing people I knew in school starting to land good jobs and getting married and stuff now and it's pretty surreal. I had a few teachers in high school that were 23. Can't believe I'm almost in my mid 20s.  :o

I know dude lol, I basically feel the same way as you do too.

Well, in about four hours I'm gonna be starting to go across the country for a visit and possible move. Can't get much different than that. ;)

I'm hopeful for pop culture too - if the late 00s are any indicator, it's better than it's been in years. I love Twilight and there's finally some good synthy music (love Katy, Owl City and others). I think it'll keep being 80s influenced and maybe with some elements of the cooler parts of the 90s.

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/01/10 at 10:09 am

Hopefully in a stable job and happily married. In a few months I'm gonna be 23 which is a bit scary because I think that's when people should start worrying about adult things. I'm seeing people I knew in school starting to land good jobs and getting married and stuff now and it's pretty surreal. I had a few teachers in high school that were 23. Can't believe I'm almost in my mid 20s.  :o

At least you're going to be in your 20's. You got your whole life ahead of you since you're still young. As for me, I'm going to turn 30 in four months and I'm going to be the one to encounter most of those adult things, though I'm still living at home with my parents.

Written By: joeman on 01/01/10 at 12:54 pm

I am going to be 35 by the end of the decade, so I got more years of 5 in the 2020's.  However,  I do think this decade isn't going to by like my "young adult" years in the 00's or the "growing up" years in the 90's. 

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/01/10 at 1:48 pm

I'll be 37 by the Decades End and I hope to have a script or two published in my city, a TV Show that plays bad movies and talk over them, living out of my parents home, be in a relationship with a girl, and driving (almost) every day in a car.

Reality...

I'll be stuck in a dead-end job, I'll be riding the bus, I'll be single, and I'll still be living with my parents.

I hope that won't happen!

Written By: joeman on 01/01/10 at 2:08 pm

I'll be 37 by the Decades End and I hope to have a script or two published in my city, a TV Show that plays bad movies and talk over them, living out of my parents home, be in a relationship with a girl, and driving (almost) every day in a car.

Reality...

I'll be stuck in a dead-end job, I'll be riding the bus, I'll be single, and I'll still be living with my parents.

I hope that won't happen!

I know how you feel.  I am single and still living with my parents.  What scares me is that I will be in the same rut throughout the entire decade! 

For me, I am just going to make the best out of everything, despite my large limitations.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/01/10 at 4:07 pm

I am hoping that Carlos & I will be healthy. There is no doubt in my mind that we will still be happy with each other.

Cat

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/01/10 at 7:35 pm

I'll be 25, and I hope to have found the right woman and a good job.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/01/10 at 8:39 pm

I want to see myself with the following by the end of the decade:

--Maybe 20 pounds thinner.
--With a book (or 2) published
--Married. (To man that looks like a Thriller era MJ, if I'm lucky! )  ;)
--And with 1 or 2 kids. (hopefully one in pageants)
--And with a new and working kidney. (But I hope like all hell I don't have to wait ultil 2020 for that! I'll be 34 by then!)

Written By: sonikuu on 01/02/10 at 3:28 am

Oh man, things will be completely different by the end of the decade.  I'll be in college for the first two years of the 2010s (possibly longer if I go for a Master's Degree, which I'm unsure at the moment).  One of the things I want to do most this decade is travel and have fun while I have the chance, before the "real world" of kids and stuff eventually sets in.  By the end of the decade, I'll have hit 30 and will, most likely, have settled down by that point.  I have mixed feelings about that - on the one hand, becoming truly independent and really coming of age will be eventful and defining for my life.  On the other hand, I'm uneasy about the end of my "youth" and the onset of true adulthood.  I suppose those feelings are fairly common though.

The 2000s were my teen years.  The 2010s are my twenties.  In that respect, I suppose I'm a fairly typical member of Generation Y.

Written By: Bobby on 01/02/10 at 7:47 am

Well ... This is the time I hit the 30s and so far I feel fitter now than I did in my 20s, lol. If that's anything to go by I will be like Spiderman when I'm 70, lol. I am looking forward to it.

Written By: coqueta83 on 01/02/10 at 7:35 pm

I'll be in my 40s by the end of this decade.  As long as I'm healthy I'll be happy.  :)

Written By: joeman on 01/02/10 at 8:27 pm

Does anyone really feel the decade atmosphere change?  I went to Best Buy to visit some old friends, as I used to work there 4 years ago.  I talked to most of them, and they all were way different now than they were back when I worked there.  Later, I met up with a buddy of mine and we were talking about how the radio is still playing rock music that was released 10 years ago in constant rotation.  Dunno, I think this year is going to be a transition year from the 2000s to the 2010s.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/02/10 at 8:57 pm

I'll be 62 at the end of this decade.  :o

I'm gonna kick this decade's ass.  It will be the BEST DECADE EVER!!!!!!  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/04/10 at 3:28 am

Does anyone really feel the decade atmosphere change?  I went to Best Buy to visit some old friends, as I used to work there 4 years ago.  I talked to most of them, and they all were way different now than they were back when I worked there.   Later, I met up with a buddy of mine and we were talking about how the radio is still playing rock music that was released 10 years ago in constant rotation.   Dunno, I think this year is going to be a transition year from the 2000s to the 2010s.

I understand what you're feeling. I kinda felt the shift too! But it could've been because I was half asleep and tired!  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/05/10 at 4:31 am

I'll be 34 when January 2020 rolls around. A lot can happen in 10 years. Case in point: it's hard to think just 10 years ago I was a young 14 year old boy, and so much has happened since: left high school, graduated university, moved out of home, travelled outside of the country, etc. Also the things that I wish I had done by now, but didn't have the chance.

2010-2019, well possibly: travel more, earn a ton of money, get married, keep the friends I have and build up new ones, etc, etc.

And technology will keep on improving. This laptop I'm typing on will be a museum piece in 2010. 2GB ram? pfft!! 160GB hard drive? Hah!

Will flying cars and jet packs become real in the 2010s I wonder?

Written By: Kyle 230 on 01/12/10 at 3:38 pm

Probably married and having a couple of kids.  Two girls already and they are going to be my princesses.  My aspiration is family and probably managing a server at some place,most likely at some school or store, and still analyzing the 2010s pop culture and events.

Written By: Kyle 230 on 01/12/10 at 3:46 pm

Probably by 2020, Windows is going to be merged with the Mac, since they are starting to get more and more similar in their ways and the requirements for our computers will probably quadruple.  Mac will get a lot more i type gadgets and we might see iCar or iFridge or something like that.  The processing speed will be the same...processing speed cannot get too fast or computers will literally explode.  The 2 GB memory for the computer is standard now...can't even imagine running 7 under 1 GB of RAM and to have a very efficent computer for something more than the basic and to run Aero, you need 2GB.  4 GB will be the standard and 8 GB will become possible, possibly 16 GB.  Servers will become more common and the network admin will be in demand.  Server OS will require massive memory of 128 GB of RAM (whoa!!) and hard drives over 1 TB will be standard.  WiFi will be widespread and the internet will be not just the computer.  Gamers will move to more advanced gaming consoles since their PC cannot support the 2 GB detailed graphics and portable gaming devices and cell phones will become like a 2000s PC.  Technology will explode.

Written By: ArcticFox on 01/12/16 at 7:19 pm

I was 14 year old eighth grader in January 1, 2010. By December 31, 2019, I will be a 24 year old (hopefully) college graduate. I hope I don't die in the 2010s!

I'll be 62 at the end of this decade.  :o

I'm gonna kick this decade's ass.  It will be the BEST DECADE EVER!!!!!!  :)

You were born in 1957? I didn't know you were such an old geezer dude!

I'll be 34 when January 2020 rolls around. A lot can happen in 10 years. Case in point: it's hard to think just 10 years ago I was a young 14 year old boy, and so much has happened since: left high school, graduated university, moved out of home, travelled outside of the country, etc. Also the things that I wish I had done by now, but didn't have the chance.

2010-2019, well possibly: travel more, earn a ton of money, get married, keep the friends I have and build up new ones, etc, etc.

And technology will keep on improving. This laptop I'm typing on will be a museum piece in 2010. 2GB ram? pfft!! 160GB hard drive? Hah!

Will flying cars and jet packs become real in the 2010s I wonder?

True that, man. A lot can happen in 10 years.

Written By: Ripley on 01/12/16 at 7:46 pm

I'll be 34. I hope to be deep into my writing career by then.

Written By: nally on 01/12/16 at 7:48 pm

I'll be 39 when it ends. Hopefully I'll have made some serious life achievements by then.

Written By: 2001 on 01/12/16 at 8:20 pm

I was 14 year old eighth grader in January 1, 2010. By December 31, 2019, I will be a 24 year old (hopefully) college graduate. I hope I don't die in the 2010s!

True that, man. A lot can happen in 10 years.

1957 wasn't that old at the beginning of this decade :P

I graduated high school in 2010, planned to graduate uni in 2014 but I'm still here. Life has an annoying habit of getting in the way >_< The rest of the decade will hopefully be me completing my masters and starting my PhD.

Was 16 (really 17 because my birthday is February) when the decade started, will be 26/27 when it ends. The night is still young.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/12/16 at 9:05 pm

The 2000's decade was the decade from hell for me. The 2010s seems to be The Rebuilding Decade.

The 2020s will be my rebirth decade.

http://cdn-5.countryfarm-lifestyles.com/images/Chick.jpg

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/12/16 at 9:14 pm

Man, I turn 40 next decade...

Right now, I am too old to be "hip wid da kidz" yet I am too young to say "god damn, millennials! Get off my lawn" since I am one. I don't feel a day over 14.

The 2000's decade was the decade from hell for me.

Even the early 2000's? :(

Written By: 80sfan on 01/12/16 at 9:22 pm

Man, I turn 40 next decade...

Right now, I am too old to be "hip wid da kidz" yet I am too young to say "god damn, millennials! Get off my lawn" since I am one. I don't feel a day over 14.

Even the early 2000's? :(

The early and mid, unfortunately. The late was when the healing began.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/12/16 at 9:24 pm

Aw, man. That sucks to hear your early 00's experience wasn't too good. :-\\

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, though.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 01/12/16 at 9:25 pm

That's how I felt about the very late 00s and very early 2010s! ;D  Going through that adolescent stage!  :(

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 01/12/16 at 9:25 pm

I'll be in my mid 20s when the decade ends. :o :o :o  Lordy how time flies! :D

Written By: 80sfan on 01/12/16 at 9:26 pm

That's how I felt about the very late 00s and very early 2010s! ;D  Going through that adolescent stage!  :(

;D

Written By: Mat1991 on 01/12/16 at 9:58 pm

I graduated from high school in 2010. By the end of the decade, I'll be 28 years old. My biggest goal for the end of the decade is to have my Bachelor's degree. Getting to travel abroad would also be nice.  ::)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/12/16 at 10:21 pm

I was in 4th grade and just ten years old when this decade began on January 1st, 2010. By the end I will be half way through college and will be 20 years old  :o.

I think the rest of this decade is going to be good to me. I may have to go through some of my family members dying, like my Grandpa who has Leukemia right now and I dont know when he is going to die. However this decade is a great transformation into the young adult I will be when January 1st, 2020 arrives. I will hopefully have a girlfriend and still have some of the same friends I have right now by the time this decade ends.

I still cannot believe it is already 2016 and the fact that there are only four years left in this decade. :o

Written By: Ripley on 01/13/16 at 7:35 am

The 2000's decade was the decade from hell for me. The 2010s seems to be The Rebuilding Decade.

The 2020s will be my rebirth decade.

http://cdn-5.countryfarm-lifestyles.com/images/Chick.jpg

That's a cute chick  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/13/16 at 12:18 pm

That's a cute chick  :)

It's me! I'm a chicken!!

Written By: Ripley on 01/13/16 at 12:51 pm

:D

Written By: Howard on 01/13/16 at 2:53 pm

So that would make him 58?  ???

Written By: Howard on 01/13/16 at 2:55 pm

I'll be 39 when it ends. Hopefully I'll have made some serious life achievements by then.

I'll be 45 by the time it ends.

Written By: Catherine91UK on 01/16/16 at 5:28 am

I'll be 28 by the end of the decade. I hope to have bought my own home by then - still with parents at the moment, but first I want to concentrate on finding a new job before moving out.

Check for new replies or respond here...