inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Forecasting News and Trends of the 2010's

Written By: Echo Nomad on 12/31/09 at 10:34 pm

Content Removed

Subject: Re: Forecasting News and Trends of the 2010's

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/01/10 at 7:46 am

I think overall the major trends of the 2010's is going green. In the U.S., high speed rail will become the way to travel within the regions. There will also be many new skyscrapers built in the cities, and there will be a revived interest in space travel not seen since the 1960's.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/01/10 at 8:50 pm

I hope the whole Britney, Paris, Lindsay Lohan, and Nicole Richie tabloid thing will die out completely!

It already has died out, but I hope it stays that way!

Paris isn't as popular anymore. Britney is somewhat stable. No one cares about Nicole Richie anymore (no offense to her), and people are sick of Lindsay Lohan.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/02/10 at 9:42 am

I feel that Reality Shows will be dead.

D-E-A-D, dead. And nostalgia from the 90's will be popular, the best decade that I've ever experienced!

Written By: Hen418ix on 01/04/10 at 6:13 pm

The Tens - The Decade of the Second Civil War?

Written By: Kyle 230 on 01/11/10 at 10:49 am

I can see this liberal type junk will die out and we are going to become more conservative.  The 2000s wasn't really that conservative socially and I can see a comeback in social conservatism in the 2010s.  We just had GWB as president, but pretty much throughout the late 2000s and most of the 2000s, there is a lot of stuff about gay acceptance, indie music, the media starting to get looser and looser, alternative energy.  A lot of this conservative junk will come back in the 2010s, but it is not going to be this blow em up conservative wannabe Reagon junk in the 2000s.  We might see more of an Eisenhower conservative.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/11/10 at 7:10 pm

I can see this liberal type junk will die out and we are going to become more conservative.  The 2000s wasn't really that conservative socially and I can see a comeback in social conservatism in the 2010s.  We just had GWB as president, but pretty much throughout the late 2000s and most of the 2000s, there is a lot of stuff about gay acceptance, indie music, the media starting to get looser and looser, alternative energy.  A lot of this conservative junk will come back in the 2010s, but it is not going to be this blow em up conservative wannabe Reagon junk in the 2000s.  We might see more of an Eisenhower conservative.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Lucky I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. :)

Written By: Kyle 230 on 01/12/10 at 3:49 pm

A pope will be dead and we will have to go through the motions of a newer pope coming in.  This one will be younger and more hip and progressive like john paul II The Cathloic church will eventually become a one world church in the 21st century, starting with a major unity and signalarity thing, and a spiritual awakening past 2011 or 2012.  Even in 2010.

We will be going into a conservative movement.  Obama will lose power since Congress will be based on Republicans and that will block things off big time.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/12/10 at 4:07 pm

A pope will be dead and we will have to go through the motions of a newer pope coming in.   This one will be younger and more hip and progressive like john paul II The Cathloic church will eventually become a one world church in the 21st century, starting with a major unity and signalarity thing, and a spiritual awakening past 2011 or 2012.  Even in 2010.

We will be going into a conservative movement.  Obama will lose power since Congress will be based on Republicans and that will block things off big time.

John Paul the 2nd was not progressive, not by any wild stretch of the imagination.  The Catholic will never hold rank like it used to except for in African countries. 

Written By: Henk on 01/12/10 at 4:11 pm

A pope will be dead and we will have to go through the motions of a newer pope coming in.   This one will be younger and more hip and progressive like john paul II The Cathloic church will eventually become a one world church in the 21st century, starting with a major unity and signalarity thing, and a spiritual awakening past 2011 or 2012.  Even in 2010.

How in the world do you see that happening, bearing in mind that the number of conservative archbishops has risen considerably under the last two Popes?

John Paul the 2nd was not progressive, not by any wild stretch of the imagination.  The Catholic will never hold rank like it used to except for in African countries. 

I agree. But maybe he was thinking of John Paul I. :-\\

Written By: yelimsexa on 01/13/10 at 11:56 am

I think 3DTV will take off and will be to the 2010s to what HDTV was to the 2000s; it will probably happen first in cinema (with Avatar perhaps starting the trend). Also, the blog will increase it's importance in jornalistic quality from mostly just sharing from a mainstream source to real-time reporting. The print book will decline much like the CD did in the 2000s; they'll still be around in 2020, but with less importance in lieu of e-readers. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much hope in the music industry; most people just love their classics and the new artists don't hold a candle to the classics; the CD will probably die around mid-decade, vinyl will make a comeback, and due to a fragmented MTV/radio viewership, mainstream will continue to be lackluster in quality, with the good stuff remaining underground like it did during the 2000s. Is it me or is the late '90s/early 2000s suddenly feeling very dated? Pre-social media, big cars/engines, pre-Autotune, CDs still king, regular DVDs king, mostly non HDTV, cheesy AI/ early 3D video game graphics, teen pop that feels so cheesy today!

Written By: Fearsword on 07/29/16 at 8:17 pm

Wow you were spot on with a few predictions

A pope will be dead and we will have to go through the motions of a newer pope coming in.  This one will be younger and more hip and progressive like john paul II The Cathloic church will eventually become a one world church in the 21st century, starting with a major unity and signalarity thing, and a spiritual awakening past 2011 or 2012.  Even in 2010.

Written By: Fearsword on 05/30/17 at 8:04 am

I think 3DTV will take off and will be to the 2010s to what HDTV was to the 2000s; it will probably happen first in cinema (with Avatar perhaps starting the trend). Also, the blog will increase it's importance in jornalistic quality from mostly just sharing from a mainstream source to real-time reporting. The print book will decline much like the CD did in the 2000s; they'll still be around in 2020, but with less importance in lieu of e-readers. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much hope in the music industry; most people just love their classics and the new artists don't hold a candle to the classics; the CD will probably die around mid-decade, vinyl will make a comeback, and due to a fragmented MTV/radio viewership, mainstream will continue to be lackluster in quality, with the good stuff remaining underground like it did during the 2000s. Is it me or is the late '90s/early 2000s suddenly feeling very dated? Pre-social media, big cars/engines, pre-Autotune, CDs still king, regular DVDs king, mostly non HDTV, cheesy AI/ early 3D video game graphics, teen pop that feels so cheesy today!

Sadly 3D TV died out and no one cares about 3D movies anymore. Glad you were right about vinyl though.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 05/30/17 at 10:25 am

Sadly 3D TV died out and no one cares about 3D movies anymore. Glad you were right about vinyl though.

Honestly, 3D movies were more of a late 2000s/early 2010s thing to me. I remember seeing several movies in theaters that had you wear 3D glasses throughout the entire screening.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/30/17 at 10:40 am

Honestly, 3D movies were more of a late 2000s/early 2010s thing to me. I remember seeing several movies in theaters that had you wear 3D glasses throughout the entire screening.

There are still plenty of movies coming out in 3D.  I agree though, 3D TV has come and gone.  People don't want to have to wear glasses though when sitting one their couches at home.

Written By: Howard on 05/30/17 at 1:03 pm

Wasn't that throughout the 1980's? ???

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 05/30/17 at 3:21 pm

Wasn't that throughout the 1980's? ???

Well, that kind of 3D was more primitive than the technology we had since the late 2000s.

There are still plenty of movies coming out in 3D.  I agree though, 3D TV has come and gone.  People don't want to have to wear glasses though when sitting one their couches at home.

3D TVs were more of an expensive fad. Most of them were only affordable by upper middle class and rich people, so it wasn't like a lot of people really cared about them.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/31/17 at 12:34 am

Yeah 3D TVs were totally an early 2010s thing. I think they peaked in 2011. Everyone thought it would be the next big thing but it didn't end up happening.

Written By: 2001 on 05/31/17 at 12:41 am

Yeah 3D TVs were totally an early 2010s thing. I think they peaked in 2011. Everyone thought it would be the next big thing but it didn't end up happening.

I'm nostalgic tbh.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/31/17 at 1:08 am

I'm nostalgic tbh.

Me too. I remember I was 16 and my dad's friend had a 3D TV and showed it to me. I still remember how excited I was to see it and how cool I thought it was. I thought the guy was so lucky he had a 3D TV.  ;D

Written By: Fearsword on 05/31/17 at 9:14 am

My parents owned a 3D Internet TV between 2012 and 2016. I thought they were going to be ubitiquous by now. TBH I'm shocked when any technology goes out of style without evolving into something more advanced.

Written By: 2001 on 05/31/17 at 1:58 pm

Me too. I remember I was 16 and my dad's friend had a 3D TV and showed it to me. I still remember how excited I was to see it and how cool I thought it was. I thought the guy was so lucky he had a 3D TV.  ;D

Yes, it's quite surprising how exciting and popular it was, but disappeared not long after. I remember being excited and defending the 3D feature on my 3DS, and now I get annoyed if I ever accidentally leave it on ;D

Written By: Arrowstone on 05/31/17 at 4:50 pm

There were 3D tvs?? I must have lived under a rock..

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 05/31/17 at 4:52 pm

There were 3D tvs?? I must have lived under a rock..

How did your visit to Patrick's place go?

Check for new replies or respond here...