inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can't even get a decent soda anymore...

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/08/10 at 3:30 pm

Read it and weep...  8-P

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2010/01/08/2010-01-08_soda_fountain_machines_harbor_fecal_bacteria_study_finds.html

Subject: Re: Can't even get a decent soda anymore...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/08/10 at 7:21 pm

Read it and weep...   8-P

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2010/01/08/2010-01-08_soda_fountain_machines_harbor_fecal_bacteria_study_finds.html

Blarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf......

8-P

Written By: Red Ant on 01/08/10 at 7:21 pm

The nozzles and tips are supposed to be disassembled and cleaned daily. Most times they are, as it's fairly easy and not time-consuming to do. If you want real horror, you ought to see what the spigots of iced tea pitchers or ice bins that are top scooped look like. It's amazing what the average human can eat or drink and not get sick.

Ant

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/08/10 at 8:53 pm

I came across that article.  8-P  Yeah, I myself am just going to order bottled water. When I was in the Philippines, I got sick from those fountain drinks. I had amebiasis (parasite), or stomach problems from that. Our parents would always tell us to be careful what we order and not to touch anything that may have bacteria.

Written By: wildcard on 01/08/10 at 9:39 pm

So people need to clean the tubes every day and they aren't.  What are we weeping for? Lets tell the jerks to clean the tubes. 

Written By: Jessica on 01/09/10 at 12:00 am

The nozzles and tips are supposed to be disassembled and cleaned daily. Most times they are, as it's fairly easy and not time-consuming to do. If you want real horror, you ought to see what the spigots of iced tea pitchers or ice bins that are top scooped look like. It's amazing what the average human can eat or drink and not get sick.

Ant

I have to hand it to craptacular Target.  For all the shizz they put me through, they were real sticklers about the little food court being clean and products handled in a sanitary manner.  We had to clean the nozzles and everything every night, scrub down the hot dog warmer, clean the popcorn machine until it sparkled, and get rid of anything that looked questionable.  Then all the tables, chairs, counters, and whatnot had to be cleaned and sanitized.  Floor had to be swept and mopped as well.  In the back part of the kitchen, all the utensils that we used to cook with had to be washed and sanitized.  Pans had to be cleaned, dried, and put away.  Then the team leader came to inspect it.

I can't speak for all Targets, but that's how the one I worked at was.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/09/10 at 8:49 am

I have to hand it to craptacular Target.  For all the shizz they put me through, they were real sticklers about the little food court being clean and products handled in a sanitary manner.  We had to clean the nozzles and everything every night, scrub down the hot dog warmer, clean the popcorn machine until it sparkled, and get rid of anything that looked questionable.  Then all the tables, chairs, counters, and whatnot had to be cleaned and sanitized.  Floor had to be swept and mopped as well.  In the back part of the kitchen, all the utensils that we used to cook with had to be washed and sanitized.  Pans had to be cleaned, dried, and put away.  Then the team leader came to inspect it.

"I want the entire pool scrubbed, sterilized, and disinfected"   ;D

Doodie!!!!!
I want the entire pool scrubbed, sterilized, and disinfected...
It's no big deal...

http://barfblog.foodsafety.ksu.edu/uploads/image/caddyshack.jpg

Written By: Red Ant on 01/09/10 at 4:07 pm

I have to hand it to craptacular Target.  For all the shizz they put me through, they were real sticklers about the little food court being clean and products handled in a sanitary manner.  We had to clean the nozzles and everything every night, scrub down the hot dog warmer, clean the popcorn machine until it sparkled, and get rid of anything that looked questionable.  Then all the tables, chairs, counters, and whatnot had to be cleaned and sanitized.  Floor had to be swept and mopped as well.  In the back part of the kitchen, all the utensils that we used to cook with had to be washed and sanitized.  Pans had to be cleaned, dried, and put away.  Then the team leader came to inspect it.

Same at the Taco Bell I worked at several years ago. The only diff is they didn't know that just running scalding hot water through the spigots wouldn't clean them, that they had to be disassembled every day and scrubbed, and that the ice bin behind the counter had to be done at least 1x per week. When they found out, they were done iaw schedule or more frequently. The mgmt cared, it's just they didn't know everything, with the high turnover and all.

Ant

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/10/10 at 2:02 pm

I really don't like soda. I will drink Sprite or 7 UP and sometimes Root Beer but otherwise,  8-P 8-P 8-P  I usually try to get the non-carbonated drinks but they are usually laced with sugar (high-fructose corn syrup  8-P ). I try to avoid using those machines if I can help it.

Cat

Written By: Marian on 01/10/10 at 2:50 pm

i thoght being watered down was bad...

Written By: danootaandme on 01/10/10 at 3:30 pm

Of course the cleanliness of the nozzles doesn't make a difference if the server is taking a cup and scooping up ice with his/her nasty, snotty hands.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/11/10 at 6:37 pm

I just don't think about it.  Honestly.  We all have to die sometime, right.  We're obviously immune to it, so why stress? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/10 at 12:09 am

I see an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force on the way!

http://themeparkradio.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/hamburger.jpg

Yeah, so next to you get the trots at the In-N-Out don't go blaming me!!!

Good thing they didn't tell you the soft serve yogurt machine has VD!

:-X

The diarrhea is the lease of the problem.  The vending machines are probably built by Chinese slave labor using excess irradiated materials from leaky nuke plants!  Is a diet sprite worth a testicle the size of a grapefruit?

I mean, to anyone other than Lyricboy!
:P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/12/10 at 12:59 pm

I see an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force on the way!

http://themeparkradio.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/hamburger.jpg

Yeah, so next to you get the trots at the In-N-Out don't go blaming me!!!

Good thing they didn't tell you the soft serve yogurt machine has VD!

:-X

The diarrhea is the lease of the problem.  The vending machines are probably built by Chinese slave labor using excess irradiated materials from leaky nuke plants!  Is a diet sprite worth a testicle the size of a grapefruit?

That picture looked cute!

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/12/10 at 5:06 pm

Is a diet sprite worth a testicle the size of a grapefruit?

Hey I don't drink Diet Sprite.  That stuff is like low calorie panther pee.

My preferred clear beverage is Guarana Antarctica.  :P

http://www.pqn.com.br/portal_pqn2/images/stories/gurana.jpg

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/13/10 at 10:50 am

Is a diet sprite worth a testicle the size of a grapefruit?

Does anyone really have Diet Sprite on tap?  That would be awesome!!!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/13/10 at 4:38 pm

Hey I don't drink Diet Sprite.  That stuff is like low calorie panther pee.

My preferred clear beverage is Guarana Antarctica.   :P

http://www.pqn.com.br/portal_pqn2/images/stories/gurana.jpg

So you vibrate?  ;D  That stuff makes me so freaking jittery. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/13/10 at 6:15 pm

So you vibrate?   ;D  That stuff makes me so freaking jittery. 

I know what ya mean, Ash.  ;)

That stuff can make me catatonic if I drink too much.  ;D

Written By: Marian on 01/24/10 at 12:58 pm

so the bacteria consumes the fizz,right?seems so to me.

Subject: Can't even get a decent soda anymore...

Written By: Dude111 on 11/26/17 at 3:31 pm

Yes well there are MORE GERMS than one realises!!!

I used to love coke and pepsi but they started tasting like crap ... I havent had any in about 7 years or so..........

Written By: ofkx on 11/26/17 at 5:08 pm

Good thing I haven't drunk soda for months now  8)

Written By: Howard on 11/27/17 at 7:39 am

I still continue to drink soda.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/17 at 8:17 am

Good thing I haven't drunk soda for months now  8)
The same for me, I had a glass of coke last Wednesday, that was my first for several months.

Check for new replies or respond here...