inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Celebrity Rehab #3 with Dr. Drew

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/10 at 1:53 pm

Dr. Drew started off the third installment in his Celebrity rehab franchise the other day.  Participants on this go-round include:

Dennis Rodman (a.k.a., "The Worm") - Member of five NBA Championship teams
Heidi Fleiss - Famed as the "Hollywood Madam"
MacKenzie Phillips - Star of One Day at a Time, and daughter of Mamas & Papas' singer/addict John Phillips
Mindy McCready - Country music phenom
Lisa D'Amato - Contestant on America's Top Model
Mike Starr - Bassist for Alice In Chains
Joey Kovar - Contestant in MTV's Real World Hollywood
Tom Sizemore - Raging addict and former flame of Heidi Fleiss
Kari Ann Peniche - Former Miss USA and a carryover from Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew.

Assisting Drew are his trusty Resident Techs, musician and former addict Bob Forrest and former heroin/crack addict (and smokin hot) Shelly Sprague.  :-*

This season's cast promises to be more problematic than ever.  While most of the participants admit they have a problem, Rodman and McCready claim that they do not.  D'Amato is not sure.  Fleiss, Phillips, and Starr clearly know that they are hard-core, raging addicts.  My guess is that Fleiss and Starr will have MAJOR detox problems almost immediately.

This week, Rodman stated that mentally he is well above your average person, as he can put his mind into a "Zen Formation".  ;D

I hear these folks are paid $100k each to participate.  :P

http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/113/89/vzb1eoz_2dUT_AK19HWg.0.0.0x0.400x541.jpeg

Subject: Re: Celebrity Rehab #3 with Dr. Drew

Written By: Red Ant on 01/10/10 at 6:34 pm

I watched it too. Might catch another episode. One note: Mike Starr is the former bassist for AiC. Mike Inez has been their bassist for over 15 years. He was probably the nicest guy in the bunch, but we'll see what happens come detox time.

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/10 at 6:44 pm

I watched it too. Might catch another episode. One note: Mike Starr is the former bassist for AiC. Mike Inez has been their bassist for over 15 years. He was probably the nicest guy in the bunch, but we'll see what happens come detox time.

Ant

Right up until he was admitted to PRC, Starr was doing methadone and coke.

His detox is gonna be a real mofo.  :-\\

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/11/10 at 2:48 pm

Kari Ann was a real PITA on Sex Rehab and got kicked out, which makes me wonder why she's doing this one???  I'm sure for the money, but I wonder if there is a clause that says if she doesn't cooperate, she gets nothing... IMO, she needs a swift kick in the arse!

Written By: Red Ant on 01/11/10 at 6:20 pm

Right up until he was admitted to PRC, Starr was doing methadone and coke.

His detox is gonna be a real mofo.   :-\\

The methadone will be very bad. One doesn't go from 100mg/day for numerous years to 0 overnight, or even 30 days. I would say the odds of successfully completing a detox like that, with no other pharmacological help, are in the point percentage range.

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/11/10 at 6:28 pm

Kari Ann was a real PITA on Sex Rehab and got kicked out, which makes me wonder why she's doing this one???  I'm sure for the money, but I wonder if there is a clause that says if she doesn't cooperate, she gets nothing... IMO, she needs a swift kick in the arse!

She got onto Celebrity Rehab III because the found out after she left Sex Rehab I that she's a meth addict.

Big surprise there.  ::)

She's also gonna be on "Sober House II".

At this rate she will be tied with model/addict Amber Smith, who also starred in three of the Dr Drew addiction shows.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/10 at 12:17 am

If I had to talk to Dr. Drew Ping-Pong every day, I'd need coke and methadone just to deal with it!
:P

Written By: Lindee on 01/17/10 at 10:49 am

I read somewhere that she gets kicked off this one too.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/17/10 at 11:09 am

Kari Ann has not yet appeared after 2 episodes.

On the other hand, Mike Starr, this week, blew chow all over his bedroom floor and did not lift a finger to clean it up either.  Ever-suffering resident tech Shelly had to do the mopup.  I swear he musta choked up like a gallon of spewage.

Yuk.  8-P

Check for new replies or respond here...