inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tiger getting treatment for being a Sex Addict???

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/20/10 at 7:34 am

Is this the same affliction that other philanderer's have????  Everyone has to have an addiction of some kind, if they do anything wrong?

Does anyone have any opinions...

Subject: Re: Tiger getting treatment for being a Sex Addict???

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/20/10 at 8:59 am

Is this the same affliction that other philanderer's have????  Everyone has to have an addiction of some kind, if they do anything wrong?

Does anyone have any opinions...

My thought is that one is a "sex addict" only if they feel some physical compulsion beyond their control.  You know, like a heroin addict who undergoes physical symptoms if they don't get a hit.

While I am sure that there are some people who truly fit the mold of "sex addict" I suspect that the vast majority of people who attend these sessions are doing the adult equivalent of "staying after school" to face their punishment.  If Tiger were addicted to anything, I suspect it was to power and not sex.

Written By: snozberries on 01/20/10 at 10:41 pm

on the view they said he isn't a real sex addict cuz he only dates hot women... apparently if you sleep with any ole woman then that makes you a sex addict  ;D

Written By: joeman on 01/21/10 at 7:43 am

If you ask me, this is a real big problem with our country.  I mean why is sex considered so wrong in America?  If Tiger was a famous person in Europe, I doubt anybody would care.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/21/10 at 9:35 am

If you ask me, this is a real big problem with our country.  I mean why is sex considered so wrong in America?  If Tiger was a famous person in Europe, I doubt anybody would care.

It's not ther sex.  It is the betrayal of his wife and his "image".

Hey, if Elin and Tiger had an agreement where either of them could swing from the chandeliers with whatever 'ho they picked up, there would not be all the hubbub over here.  (OK, well there would be a "little" hubbub).

Tiger for years has cultivated the image that he's the ultimate family man and that even his turds are carefully ironed and starched.  So when it comes out that he'd been humping anything that moves, and then bumbles in his coverup, and his wife whacked him upside the head with a 3-wood, that's news here in the good old U S of A.  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/21/10 at 10:44 am

I think it's a bunch of crap.  Everyone goes to rehab for everything now days.  Why he doesn't just man up and say, "yeah, I had sex with a bunch of women, now mind your own damn business," and just get on with his life, is totally beyond me. 

Written By: joeman on 01/21/10 at 10:53 am

I think it's a bunch of crap.  Everyone goes to rehab for everything now days.  Why he doesn't just man up and say, "yeah, I had sex with a bunch of women, now mind your own damn business," and just get on with his life, is totally beyond me. 

Reminds me of Half-Baked, when Bob Saget, ironically, made fun of one of the main characters for going to rehab on the account of pot smoking.

LyricBoy, these things happen most of the time.  IMO, the problem is people holding celebrities and poitical figures on a pedestal.  If, for example, one day Obama is hanging out with Michael Jordan and sleeping with women, I just can't imagine what the media will do with it. 

Tiger is having martial problems, but it is no one's business but his family.  If you ask me, Michael Jordan being a player shocked me even more, since I used to idolize him when I was a kid(even had Space Jam and his #23 Bulls Jersey at one point :))

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/21/10 at 2:42 pm

I think it's a bunch of crap.  Everyone goes to rehab for everything now days.  Why he doesn't just man up and say, "yeah, I had sex with a bunch of women, now mind your own damn business," and just get on with his life, is totally beyond me.  

(+1 karma to Ash)

Written By: Jessica on 01/21/10 at 3:00 pm

Hey, if Elin and Tiger had an agreement where either of them could swing from the chandeliers with whatever 'ho they picked up, there would not be all the hubbub over here.  (OK, well there would be a "little" hubbub).

Okay, I have a twisted sense of humor, but the bit about swinging from chandeliers made me LOL.  Then it reminded me of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwNVE37BGVE

Written By: Lindee on 01/21/10 at 8:29 pm

Maybe he can be on the next VH-1 Celebrity Sex Rehab.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/22/10 at 8:32 am

I wouldn't mind it he treated himself to me  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/22/10 at 8:47 am

I wouldn't mind it he treated himself to me   ;D

Well you know what Elin said about Tiger...

"I'd hit it..."

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/22/10 at 6:44 pm

There are guys who like sex and there are guys who are addicted to sex.  Just about everybody likes sex to one degree or another, but that doesn't make them addicted.  I'm not convinced Tiger is a addicted.  Perhaps he just really likes to have sex and doesn't respect his marriage vows.  If he says he's addicted, he can be morally absolved. 

Maybe he really IS addicted and cannot control his behavior.  I'm skeptical.  If you're as rich, famous, and good-looking as Tiger is, the opportunities for sex are unlimited.  It could be some of both.  Tiger might have been innately prone to sex addiction and his station in life helped precipitate the addictive behavior.

I am old-fashioned when it comes to marital fidelity, though I have no problem with same sex marriage.  The issue for me is the promise.  When you make a promise to somebody, you should keep the promise.  Tiger lied to his wife. 

If Tiger wasn't married, I would just say wrap that rascal and don't sleep with married women.

::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/22/10 at 10:33 pm

Everyone has to have an addiction of some kind, if they do anything wrong?

If you get caught, pretend it's a disease from which you suffer.  That makes you the innocent victim, not the bad guy.  Everyone from Britney to Tiger's done it in an effort to salvage their career.

The only rehabilitation going on is the rehabilitation of a reputation.  It's public relations.

Poor guy.  Plays five rounds, gets a hole in one every time, and still ends up $300M in the hole.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/25/10 at 2:22 pm

I was just glancing through the 2010 board, and saw this thread, and started thinking about how sick I am of hearing about the Tiger Woods story.  And I thought "Screw Tiger Woods!"

And then I started laughing.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/25/10 at 4:46 pm

I was just glancing through the 2010 board, and saw this thread, and started thinking about how sick I am of hearing about the Tiger Woods story.  And I thought "Screw Tiger Woods!"

And then I started laughing.   ;D

;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/27/10 at 10:19 pm

$300M in the hole.

I guess Tiger really DOES have a problem!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Written By: gumbypiz on 01/27/10 at 11:41 pm

I guess Tiger really DOES have a problem!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Y'know I picked up a video the other day from the pro shop called "Tiger Woods Favorite 18 Holes"...and was damn if I wasn't disappointed.
It wasn't what I thought it was about at all, it was all about some dumb game called golf and his favorite golf courses...*drum roll*
;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/10 at 2:48 am

I just wonder if he would be shirtless on the cover of People if he was out there pulling trains at frat parties.
:-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/29/10 at 7:59 am

I just wonder if he would be shirtless on the cover of People if he was out there pulling trains at frat parties.
:-\\

Yeah, but they'd have him wear one of those Engineer's caps.  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 01/29/10 at 5:49 pm

Well you know what Elin said about Tiger...

"I'd hit it..."

;D

Ha ha, he would hit it with his wood as well...

I agree with most people here. Woods thought he could get away with playing around and found out the hard way (chuckle) that he couldn't. Instead of saying "Yeah I f***ed up (another chuckle), I'm human and got lost amongst the trappings of success and the hype about myself. I really hope my wife takes me back but I'll be lucky if I don't ram my car into another tree in the process" he said he transgressed. If that's a transgression, I would hate to see Tiger when he really has messed up.

What I do find strange is his wife will take him back as long as he gives up his golf? Well...if you find Tiger Woods at McDonalds offering you fries with your burger you know why.

Check for new replies or respond here...