inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mel Gibson is back!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/24/10 at 2:32 pm

Mel Gibson, has a new film coming out soon, question is, can he make a comeback, or is he truly done for?

Subject: Re: Mel Gibson is back!

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/10 at 2:55 pm

Maybe...maybe not.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/24/10 at 4:42 pm

I want to, it looks great.

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/10 at 5:25 pm

I'm still mad at Mel so I'll probably pass.... yeah I totally hold on to grudges...they keep me going  ;D 

Plus  (sorry Dag) but that line from the tv trailer  "You need to decide if you want to be the one on the crucifix or the one hammering the nails"
that's the lamest line I've heard a movie "star" utter since Clint Eastwood said "When you hang a man you better make sure he's dead."

Written By: whistledog on 01/24/10 at 5:30 pm

The movie looks excellent.  I don't care what he does in real life, as long as the movie is good.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/24/10 at 7:21 pm

I'm still mad at Mel so I'll probably pass.... yeah I totally hold on to grudges...they keep me going  ;D 

I agree completely.

If someone else was starring in the movie, I'd probably be all over it.  It looks like a pretty good story.  But I just can't stand Mel Gibson, and I don't want to watch him do anything.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/25/10 at 11:33 am

that's the lamest line I've heard a movie "star" utter since Clint Eastwood said "When you hang a man you better make sure he's dead."

The movie looks kinda blah and formulaic, and he is such a twit I won't be bothered with it or him.

I loved that line, of course I love just about everything that has come out of his mouth. There isn't anyone who can say it like Clint.  ;)

Written By: midnite on 01/26/10 at 10:07 am

Didn't Liam Neeson make the same movie last year?????  Angy average-joe dad, suddenly becomes Rambo, and fights to get his kid back from the bad guys.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/26/10 at 11:40 am

Didn't Liam Neeson make the same movie last year?????  Angy average-joe dad, suddenly becomes Rambo, and fights to get his kid back from the bad guys.

Heck, Mel made that movie a few years ago too.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/27/10 at 9:53 pm

I will not support the work of anti-Semites!

Oh crap, I left my Public Enemy records at Farrakhan's house!
:P

Written By: gumbypiz on 01/27/10 at 11:53 pm

Harrison Ford made the same film too, called Frantic (1988)

Quoting directly from IMDb, "In a hotel room in Paris, a doctor comes out of the shower and finds that his wife has disappeared. He soon finds himself caught up in a world of intrigue, espionage, gangsters, drugs and murder."

Same deal as the Neeson, and Gibson movie, but his wife as the kidnap victim.

I'm amazed, not of Mel Gibson thinking the public memory of his past "transgressions" is so poor as to forget so soon, but the vehicle in which he would try to "come back" with would be such a tired retread of a movie plot.

Seriously, the best way Hollywood could think up to try and present an admitted anti-Semite, unpopular actor was to dredge up a hackneyed plot line used upteen times before and both insult the movie going publics taste and their intelligence too?

Thats the best Hollywood can do? ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 01/28/10 at 6:01 am

Mel is still more than a bit cranky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10HfOmJhnEA

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/10 at 2:51 am

Please, Mel, don't hurt 'em!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/29/10 at 7:03 pm

Harrison Ford made the same film too, called Frantic (1988)

Quoting directly from IMDb, "In a hotel room in Paris, a doctor comes out of the shower and finds that his wife has disappeared. He soon finds himself caught up in a world of intrigue, espionage, gangsters, drugs and murder."

Same deal as the Neeson, and Gibson movie, but his wife as the kidnap victim.

I'm amazed, not of Mel Gibson thinking the public memory of his past "transgressions" is so poor as to forget so soon, but the vehicle in which he would try to "come back" with would be such a tired retread of a movie plot.

Seriously, the best way Hollywood could think up to try and present an admitted anti-Semite, unpopular actor was to dredge up a hackneyed plot line used upteen times before and both insult the movie going publics taste and their intelligence too?

Thats the best Hollywood can do? ::)

You're forgetting Herbie Fully Loaded...  ;D

Not that Lindsay Lohan is an anti-semite or anything...just speaking of horrible movies to re-do...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/29/10 at 7:07 pm

Mel is still more than a bit cranky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10HfOmJhnEA

Mel is just a huge asswhole.

"a dog in the fight."

Are you freaking kidding me?    >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...