inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Adios, Ugly Betty!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/27/10 at 5:38 pm

Looks like this is the last season, for Ugly Betty!

Subject: Re: Adios, Ugly Betty!

Written By: whistledog on 01/27/10 at 7:18 pm

I never really watched hte show, but have you ever seen America Fererra without the braces and geek look?  She is one hot babe!

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/27/10 at 9:21 pm

I never really watched hte show, but have you ever seen America Fererra without the braces and geek look?  She is one hot babe!

I don't think I would party with her though.  All yours...  ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/28/10 at 9:30 am

I tried watching that show once... it was just plain awful.  Yet it had lots of buzz, and won awards.  Could never figure that one out.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/28/10 at 3:58 pm

I tried watching that show once... it was just plain awful.  Yet it had lots of buzz, and won awards.  Could never figure that one out.

Same here, Chucky.

For me... the more "buzz" I hear about a show the less I really enjoy it (or even want to see it in the first place).  Same as "Desperate Housewives"... I figure if they have to go out of their way to tell you how GOOD it is even before the show has aired, it's gotta be a stinker.

The other odd thing about Ugly Betty is how all the TV commentators tripped over each other to remark just how gorgeous the title character actress is, even though almost all roles that she has done have been the, uh, "plain" girl.  The role was typecast; America Ferrara is a good actress, but the feigned fawning over her looks was a bit much.  You didn't see Penelope Cruz cast for that role...

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/01/10 at 11:38 pm

;D Penelope Cruz isn't ugly. She just has a peominent nose. And I like America Ferrera. She was a role model for plus sized girls.

Then she got skinny... :(

(wish I had her trainers number. )

Written By: ninny on 02/02/10 at 6:33 am

Looks like this is the last season, for Ugly Betty!

Another show I never watched. I thought the critics liked the show. What happened?

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/02/10 at 8:10 am

;D Penelope Cruz isn't ugly.

That was my point...  ;D

Written By: amjikloviet on 02/07/10 at 5:07 pm

The show about the girl with the glasses right? I thought that show was over a long time ago it seemed like it was.

Written By: tv on 02/09/10 at 4:57 pm

;D Penelope Cruz isn't ugly. She just has a peominent nose. And I like America Ferrera. She was a role model for plus sized girls.

Then she got skinny... :(

(wish I had her trainers number. )
She was never plus size to me she just had/has a curvy upper body.

Written By: nondiva234 on 02/10/10 at 2:30 am

Another show I never watched. I thought the critics liked the show. What happened?

It's called "stupid ABC thought that it would do well in the Friday death slot, and it didn't, so AdiĆ³s, Ugly Betty." Too bad; it was a good show.

Check for new replies or respond here...