inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards

Written By: Tam on 01/31/10 at 7:41 pm

I don't know how many people still watch these awards - I haven't watched in a few years that's for sure.

Well, I am now completely disgusted!

It opened with Lady Gaga and Elton John - good performance. I had no idea that Gaga had sampled Elton's "Your Song" so that was kind of cool.

Now, Taylor Swift has won another award! That little twit needs to get up and thank Kanye for getting her all these awards! I swear that if it weren't for him cutting her off like he did, she wouldn't be winning all the crap that she is!

And Beyonce!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never liked her from the word go, but tonight she really pissed me off!!! How dare she try and sing "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette!! Beyonce RUINED it! Twit didn't even know the right words!!!! I am beyond mad!!!

Ok, off now to watch P!nk sing!

Subject: Re: The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards

Written By: Tam on 01/31/10 at 8:04 pm

P!nk was awesome! That woman has changed so much from when she first came out! I can't ever get enough of her!

Black Eyed Peas just performed. I liked that they actually sang their songs instead of lipsyncing, although they were a little late...

Sucks that the CBSHD channel isn't really broadcasting in HD - they are using wide screen! Blows with the new tv but it is still somewhat better than trying to watch it on the regular channel!!! ;)

Written By: Tam on 01/31/10 at 8:12 pm

Stephen Colbert won a Grammy for Best Comedy Album of the Year!!!

Who knew?

And hey!!! When did Weird Al drop his album "Internet Leaks"??!!??!!

Written By: Tam on 01/31/10 at 8:14 pm

And hey!!! When did Weird Al drop his album "Internet Leaks"??!!??!!

oOo it was digital only which samples songs off of his upcoming album this year! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/10 at 8:41 pm

Kings of Leon won for 'Use Somebody'.  That song is like nails on a chalkboard

Written By: Tam on 01/31/10 at 9:05 pm

Kings of Leon won for 'Use Somebody'.  That song is like nails on a chalkboard

Actually, I don't mind it too much. But then again I don't listen to 'testicle' radio LOL - I listen to satellite - so I hear what I wanna hear and it didn't get overplayed! ;)

Written By: Tam on 01/31/10 at 9:08 pm

Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks! Could have done without Taylor though! Haha! I am a b!tch! ;D

Michael Jackson receives the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Celine Dion, Usher, Kerry Underwood, Jennifer Hudson and Smoky Robinson sing The Earth Song along with MJ.
3-D video that was to be on show at his concerts was shown for the first time as well.

Then Paris and Prince Michael accept their father's award.
Prince sounds just like his dad and poor Paris tripped over her words... Michael is rolling over in his grave because his children are yet again on tv!!!

Written By: Tam on 01/31/10 at 10:25 pm

L'il Wayne, Drake and Eminem perform with Travis Barker on the drums...
The station muted L'il Wayne pretty much the whole time he was rapping! Hilarious!!

Written By: Tam on 01/31/10 at 10:28 pm

And of course Taylor Swift wins Album of the Year!
Whatev! ::)

Written By: nally on 02/01/10 at 12:20 am

So it looks like the 'Record Of The Year' went to Kings Of Leon for "Use Somebody." That's one category I'm always most interested about.

I am glad Colbie Caillat won something: best Pop Collaboration With Vocals, for her duet with Jason Mraz, "Lucky."

Written By: snozberries on 02/01/10 at 2:21 am

gawd I thought it was just me.... she's on my radio like 10 times a day now... Every frigging time I drive some where its one of three songs always playing on 4 different stations  ::)

NEXT TIME EMINEM IS PERFORMING LIVE.... TEXT ME SO I CAN GAUGE IT AND CATCH THE WEST COAST FEED  :P

gonna Youtube the beyonce to see how bad it sucked  ;D  I hated Beyonce till she did dream girls.  then she did Oprah and I was like oh she's not as obnoxious as she appears to be  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/01/10 at 2:42 am

It opened with Lady Gaga and Elton John - good performance. I had no idea that Gaga had sampled Elton's "Your Song" so that was kind of cool.

I don't think she sampled your song... she might have but I don't think so... this totally feels like a Glee influence.... Glee does this thing called mashups where they take two different songs and perform them together as tho they are one song...they go in and out of the two songs during the performance...

that's what beyonce was doing as well...

Weird.

Okay I'm just going to say it I do not get Lady Gaga... I'm not saying she can't sing but I'm not a big fan of her songs and the whole weirdness of her pretty much makes me just want to turn off the tv everytime I see her on it.

Written By: snozberries on 02/01/10 at 2:50 am

found the Little Wayne, Eminem, Aubrey Graham performance...

I FREAKING LOVE EMINEM!  wonder if there's an unedited version of this performance anywher  ::)

Okay so I knew Aubrey Graham was seeking out a rap career but I had no clue he's been successful.... And no clue he was going by Drake...guess I should pay more attention... wonder if they'll bring Jimmy back to Degrassi to rap at the prom or something.  ;D

Written By: nally on 02/01/10 at 11:30 am

gawd I thought it was just me.... she's on my radio like 10 times a day now... Every frigging time I drive some where its one of three songs always playing on 4 different stations  ::)

yeah..she's probably one of the most overplayed artists of the past year

Written By: Christie Marie M on 02/01/10 at 12:31 pm

A 21 Gun Salute to Green Day and the cast of the American Idiot musical! It's been ages since I've heard Green Day!

Written By: Christie Marie M on 02/01/10 at 12:34 pm

Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks! Could have done without Taylor though! Haha! I am a b!tch! ;D

Michael Jackson receives the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Celine Dion, Usher, Kerry Underwood, Jennifer Hudson and Smoky Robinson sing The Earth Song along with MJ.
3-D video that was to be on show at his concerts was shown for the first time as well.

Then Paris and Prince Michael accept their father's award.
Prince sounds just like his dad and poor Paris tripped over her words... Michael is rolling over in his grave because his children are yet again on tv!!!

The Earth Song is one of my favorite MJ songs ever! It's a shame I don't have my 3-D glasses for that scene!  :( But I enjoyed it nonetheless!

Rihannon is one of my fave Fleetwood Mac songs!

Written By: tv on 02/01/10 at 1:12 pm

I seen that this years Grammy's broadcast bought in a 14.3 rating its highest rating since 2004. I guess when you have popular acts like Lady GaGa, Beyonce, and Taylor Swift you can get a high rating like that. However looking through the Grammy's rating since 1974 I think it was the Grammy's are still not as popular as they were in the 70's,  80's, and 90's, an the early part of the 00's. Interestingly enough the Grammy's had a terrible rating in 1995 with an 11.3 rating.

Written By: gibbo on 02/01/10 at 3:17 pm

Yes you are...you really are!!! Well...at least when it comes to poor little Taylor Swift!  ;) ;D

Written By: ninny on 02/01/10 at 3:33 pm

Yes you are...you really are!!! Well...at least when it comes to poor little Taylor Swift!  ;) ;D

Hey she has fans..and I just found one
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj239/DeathAndTaxis/Misc/chris-crocker.jpg
"Leave Taylor Alone" :D :D

Written By: 435wtr on 02/01/10 at 6:02 pm

This years grammys brought in over 25 million viewers ! Highest ratings since 2004

Written By: nally on 02/01/10 at 6:28 pm

A 21 Gun Salute to Green Day and the cast of the American Idiot musical! It's been ages since I've heard Green Day!

well, about five years or so ago they had released the American Idiot album, which was a success in the States. From 2004-06 it spawned four hit singles.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/01/10 at 6:52 pm

Interestingly, I had never paid any attention to Taylor Swift until the Kanye West incident.  And I actually really like her.  I always figured she was a Miley Cyrus-esque performer, but I think she's actually really talented and beautiful.

And I've loved Beyonce since Destiny's Child.  Come ON you guys...it's BEYONCE.  8)  She is incredible!!!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/01/10 at 6:56 pm

ditto, Taylor is an average singer, as is Lady Gaga.  Stevie looked great and sang well, whereas taylor was flat, I mean she sang the notes flat  ::)  on the Fleetwood Mac song.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/01/10 at 7:01 pm

Now I really wish I would have watched the awards show.  I would have loved to see the mash ups!

Written By: gibbo on 02/01/10 at 7:51 pm

Interestingly, I had never paid any attention to Taylor Swift until the Kanye West incident.  And I actually really like her.  I always figured she was a Miley Cyrus-esque performer, but I think she's actually really talented and beautiful.

And I've loved Beyonce since Destiny's Child.  Come ON you guys...it's BEYONCE.   8)  She is incredible!!!

Beyonce has never written a memorable song ...to date anyway!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/01/10 at 9:13 pm

http://www.biggerboat.net/snowmiser/svh/hmiser.jpg

http://www.hiphoprx.com/content/uploads/2010/01/lady-gaga-grammy-award-red-carpet-2010-1.jpg

Seperated at birth?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/01/10 at 9:24 pm

And I've loved Beyonce since Destiny's Child.  Come ON you guys...it's BEYONCE.   8)  She is incredible!!!

I will give you that Taylor has a nice voice but at least two of the songs she has out right now sound way to similar. I liked her for about a week after the Kanye thing....then for about a week and half after the oprah interview but the radios just overexposed her so I'm over it...

Beyonce is beyonce and I love Destiny's Child- but Beyonce herself exudes this arrogance that screams Dont hate me because I am Beyonce  ;D
Honestly it doesn't come out in her interviews and her acting has improved tremendously but when she performs its like OMG I hate you!  Sorry Ash its just the vibe she gives off... I will listen to her any day I just don't want to have to watch her perform.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/01/10 at 9:26 pm

Now I really wish I would have watched the awards show.  I would have loved to see the mash ups!

I found the ones I talked about youtube.... the quality wasn't great but good enough... tho the eminem one was in HQ but no audio- not youtube's fault- as Tam mentioned...they blanked out most of the rap...I really wanna know what they were saying that was so "offensive"

Written By: snozberries on 02/01/10 at 9:26 pm

oh I couldn't find the black eyed peas performance because I kept getting that Grammys nominations concert...who did they perform with again?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/01/10 at 10:04 pm

I watched the Grammys for three reasons.

1--To see Lady Gaga (check)

2--Make sure Boobyonce didn't break Michael Jackson's record of 8 Grammys in one night (she didn't and check)

3--See the MJ tribure (which sucked, one song! >:( ) and to see hsi kids accept for him. (check)

And I turned the channel after #3  :) Cause the PROMO for the MJ tribute was more exciting than the real thing. It was about as exciting as ME getting up there and singing "Earth Song". Paris said Michael was supposed to perform. Gosh I wish he'd been alive cause I know he'd have turned that show on it's ear!

Written By: whistledog on 02/02/10 at 6:13 pm

Justin Bieber called Bon Jovi, Beyoncé

Way to go Justin.  You make Canada proud ::)  lol
In his defense though, he is 15, so Bon Jovi would be way over his head

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/02/10 at 7:26 pm

Justin Bieber called Bon Jovi, Beyoncé

Way to go Justin.  You make Canada proud ::)  lol
In his defense though, he is 15, so Bon Jovi would be way over his head
in his defense, nobody knows who Justin Bieber is  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/10 at 7:46 pm

thank you... I thought I was the only one... 

Written By: nally on 02/02/10 at 7:50 pm

I actually haven't heard of him either...at least I don't think :-\\

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/02/10 at 8:07 pm

I thought I was the only one, too...just heard his name a few times.  :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 02/02/10 at 8:18 pm

Justin Bieber is a 15 year old pop/R&B singer from Ontario, Canada.  In 2009, he had 4 Top 40 hits in both the US and Canada before his debut album was even released.  Young girls, and even some guys apparently, go gaga over him LOL

Beginning in January 2010, he's now had 4 hits in the UK.  15, and he's got all this money and success.  When I was 15, I was crapping my pants LOL

Written By: Tam on 02/02/10 at 10:06 pm

I actually haven't heard of him either...at least I don't think :-\\

I thought I was the only one, too...just heard his name a few times.  :-\\

This one gets radio overplay!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaEWQYhtszM

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/10 at 10:10 pm

This one gets radio overplay!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaEWQYhtszM

never heard this song....ever...  is that the US hit?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/02/10 at 10:13 pm

Justin Bieber is a 15 year old pop/R&B singer from Ontario, Canada.  In 2009, he had 4 Top 40 hits in both the US and Canada before his debut album was even released.  Young girls, and even some guys apparently, go gaga over him LOL

Beginning in January 2010, he's now had 4 hits in the UK.  15, and he's got all this money and success.  When I was 15, I was crapping my pants LOL

admit it Jason.  you like him!  ;D

Written By: Tam on 02/02/10 at 10:22 pm

never heard this song....ever...  is that the US hit?

It is! They kill it up here. On the music channel on digital cable, this song is on at least once an hour!

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/10 at 10:34 pm

It is! They kill it up here. On the music channel on digital cable, this song is on at least once an hour!

thank god I've been saved from that  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 02/03/10 at 3:13 pm

admit it Jason.  you like him!  ;D

I like that he is a Canadian, making a success outside of Canada, but as far as his music and voice goes ... I'd rather listen to a bunch of cats howling on a fence at night ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/03/10 at 5:50 pm

I like that he is a Canadian, making a success outside of Canada, but as far as his music and voice goes ... I'd rather listen to a bunch of cats howling on a fence at night ;D

Ditto!

;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/03/10 at 5:58 pm

He's a cute kid, but yeah...the voice can be a little grating... ;D

Written By: Satish on 02/05/10 at 9:19 pm

It occurred to me for the first time while I was listening to Beyonce sing "If I Were a Boy" what a man-hating, male-bashing song it is.  >:(

To top it all off, she even stuck in a verse from Alanis Morrisette's "You Oughta Know" in the middle to to emphasize the excoriation of bad boyfriends.

Talk about mean spirited!  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/10 at 9:57 pm

The nice thing about Elton is you can trust him with your daughter...thus spake Mr. and Mrs. Gaga!
8)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 02/05/10 at 10:50 pm

http://www.biggerboat.net/snowmiser/svh/hmiser.jpg

http://www.hiphoprx.com/content/uploads/2010/01/lady-gaga-grammy-award-red-carpet-2010-1.jpg

Seperated at birth?   ;D

I actually liked Lady Gaga's outfit.  She took a crazy fashion risk and I liked it.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...