inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Unruly airplane passenger messes with the wrong flight attendant...

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/04/10 at 7:38 am

The news services are reporting that Sunday, on a flight from Philly to Frisco, 30-year-old Kinman Chan became disruptive and ultimately tried to punch out US Airways flight attendant Lorin Gorman.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10035/1033330-455.stm

Chan, however, did not consider the possibility that Ms. Gorman is a 4th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.  She got beind him, pinned his arm behind his back, and then got him in a head lock.  The flight then diverted to Picksburgh Airport where Chan was welcomed by the county police.

Nice work, Lorin!  :)

Subject: Re: Unruly airplane passenger messes with the wrong flight attendant...

Written By: Red Ant on 02/04/10 at 11:59 am

Nice indeed. Looks like the passenger was a member of the "Mile High Club" before he boarded the plane.

Ant

Subject: Re: Unruly airplane passenger messes with the wrong flight attendant...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/05/10 at 2:20 pm

Reminds me of the film, Passenger 57!

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/10 at 10:43 pm

Yeah, Kudos to Lorin!  Maybe the next little creep who wants to act like an azzhole will think twice.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like until the 1980s, air travel was seen a serious business.  You only did it once in a great while, and when you did it, you dressed nicely and behaved yourself, and you respected the people running the operation.

Dress nicely?  Behave yourself? Respect?

I'm sounding like my grandparents.  Must be getting old!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

Written By: Dagwood on 02/05/10 at 10:58 pm

Yeah, Kudos to Lorin!  Maybe the next little creep who wants to act like an azzhole will think twice.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like until the 1980s, air travel was seen a serious business.  You only did it once in a great while, and when you did it, you dressed nicely and behaved yourself, and you respected the people running the operation.

Dress nicely?  Behave yourself? Respect?

I'm sounding like my grandparents.  Must be getting old!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

I think so.  I find myself thinking along those lines.  My friend and I catch ourselves saying stuff like that all the time.  Usually along the lines of "When I was young there was no way I would talk to my parents like that or I would get knocked into next Tuesday"  Then I feel like my mom.  Up hill both ways in the snow without shoes ya know. ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/10 at 11:19 pm

What I resent is the mentality of entitlement among air travelers.  They seem to forget they're in a metal tube flying 40,000 feet in the air and take everything for granted, including the safety of the other people on board.  I notice a high proportion of the troublemakers are frequent flyers in business class.  They act like spoiled children and the airline is their mommy and they want their extra dry martini, shaken not stirred, with two olives, and they want it NOW! 
Grow the **** up
Sit the **** down
And the shut the **** up,
mmmkay?
::)

Written By: nondiva234 on 02/10/10 at 2:35 am

Two words: Don't mess. Awesome!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...