inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Celebrity Fit Club Boot Camp

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/10 at 10:13 am

Anybody here watching CFCBC this go-round? ???

This season's cast includes K-Fed (Britney's ex husband) and his old squeeze, Shar Jackson who used to be star on Moesha.

Last night at the initial weigh-in, Tanisha Thomas, came in at 47% body fat.  Dr Ian Smith, one of the panel members said "You're almost half fat."  :o

Harvey Walden returns this season, to serve as the hard-riding camp Drill Sargeant

http://www.lovefilm.com/lovefilm/images/products/1/11551-large.jpg

Subject: Re: Celebrity Fit Club Boot Camp

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/11/10 at 1:48 pm

I'm watching it!  I love it.  I think this season is going to be great if I can stand watching Sebastian Bach for 8 weeks or however long it is.  He is so frigging obnoxious!! 

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/10 at 8:44 pm

Anybody here watching CFCBC this go-round? ???

This season's cast includes K-Fed (Britney's ex husband) and his old squeeze, Shar Jackson who used to be star on Moesha.

Last night at the initial weigh-in, Tanisha Thomas, came in at 47% body fat.  Dr Ian Smith, one of the panel members said "You're almost half fat."  :o

Harvey Walden returns this season, to serve as the hard-riding camp Drill Sargeant

http://www.lovefilm.com/lovefilm/images/products/1/11551-large.jpg

aw man... when did it start? Last nite?  I totally missed it!!! thank god for reruns! 

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/10 at 8:45 pm

I'm watching it!  I love it.  I think this season is going to be great if I can stand watching Sebastian Bach for 8 weeks or however long it is.  He is so frigging obnoxious!! 

why didn't you tell me!  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/10 at 9:33 pm

woo hooo its avail online at vh1.com

My god could they find any C or D list celebs? Did they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel with these F list celebs?

the chick from Bad Girls
The dude from Project runway?
K-Fed?
the chick from HS Musical?

What the hell...

The drugs have kicked Bobby Brown's ass haven't they...

Hey Ash- Sebastian Bach... who did he sing with again? I remember seeing him from one of those rock bands in the 80s but I can't remember which one and I don't feel like googling it.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/12/10 at 9:58 pm

Hey Ash- Sebastian Bach... who did he sing with again? I remember seeing him from one of those rock bands in the 80s but I can't remember which one and I don't feel like googling it.

I'm not ash but I can answer that...Skid Row.  Plus, I am sure you remember him as Gil on The Gilmore Girls.  I love Sebastian Bach (sorry Ash)

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/10 at 10:13 pm

I'm not ash but I can answer that...Skid Row.  Plus, I am sure you remember him as Gil on The Gilmore Girls.  I love Sebastian Bach (sorry Ash)

THAT'S WHAT I RECOGNIZE HIM FROM... Gilmore Girls not Skid Row... i don't even know what Skid Row is...

thanks Dag.  See sometimes even I have my moments as often as I watch Gilmore Girls I should be ashamed...but I'm not.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/10 at 11:23 pm

I'm sorry... Why is Nicole Eggert on the show? She weighs 130lbs....

take your skinny ass to Bally's Fitness, 24 hour Fitness or to the country club pool...  >:( 

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 12:56 pm

Joel McHale on The Soup:

Celebrity Fit Club is back. We're used to the cast not being celebrities but this time they're not really fat. Nicole Eggert weighs 130lbs. Sebastian Bach's just sticking out his stomach and Bobby Brown needed to make a child support payment.  ;D  

To be fair, The Bad Girls Club Tanesha did have a rather high body fat percentage.....

cut to clip of DR IAN.  Tanesha your weight is 240lbs and your body fat percentage is 47%.  You are almost half fat....what's going on?

Cut back to Joel:

I've been following Tanesha for a while I'll tell you what's going on.

Cut to a clip from Bad Girls Club. Tanesha talking about a moment that took place in a restaurant
I really want to take this glass of water and splash it all over her and just walk out..... but I just ordered french toast and eggs and bacon so i'm not gonna do that.

Cut back to Joel

See that's the problem Tanesha you need to beat her ass then eat. That way you can get the cardio in... and don't throw the water on her... you need to hydrate!
 ;D

and then comments about Shar Jackson and K-Fed  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 3:06 pm

I love VH1  the new ep aired at 8am! 

Anyway... when Bobby said he was sober for three years (I think he said it last week too) both times I was looking at his eyes going nuh huh....  well now we have the answer  ::) 
dude may be off the drugs but he has an alcohol problem... notice how they bring up alcohol with some of the others so that when they talk to Bobby he won't feel like hey are picking on just him.  ;)

Oh and I was at work when I watched the first ep so I wasn't paying that much attention. I love Rhonda Britten (loved her on Starting Over) although I disagree with complimenting Taneshia on her blow out.....it seemed over the top to me... 

Notice how K-Fed shuts down whenever Shar talks about the past and the pain she feels.  ::)

can we ask why they would have alcohol available on a weight loss show?  Or did Bobby bring it with him?  ;D

BTW I miss Ant.  :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/15/10 at 3:39 pm

can we ask why they would have alcohol available on a weight loss show?  Or did Bobby bring it with him?   ;D

BTW I miss Ant.  :(

They have alcohol there as it is a temptation that the contestants have when they are at home in between episodes.  This way they can see who's gonna cheat (at least the obvious ones).

What's up with Ant?  Do you mean our Red Ant ? ???

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 3:43 pm

What's up with Ant?  Do you mean our Red Ant ? ???

no not Ant just Ant

http://www.canmag.com/images/front/tv/ant.jpg

He hosted a couple of seasons of the show.

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 3:44 pm

They have alcohol there as it is a temptation that the contestants have when they are at home in between episodes.  This way they can see who's gonna cheat (at least the obvious ones).

That makes sense... that's how bobby got the fried chicken last week too huh. I was working so I missed a lot of the ep.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/15/10 at 4:12 pm

no not Ant just Ant

Oh that dude?  Meh...

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 4:14 pm

Oh that dude?  Meh...

I like Ant.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/15/10 at 4:26 pm

Ant was a perfect host for that show.  I haven't watched this season, do they even have a host now?  I can't imagine it without Ant.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/15/10 at 4:41 pm

Ant was a perfect host for that show.  I haven't watched this season, do they even have a host now?  I can't imagine it without Ant.

I forget if they had a host this go round or not.

They also got rid of the psychologist chick and now have some other lady in that position.

Harvey and the other fitness doctor are still on there though.

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 5:10 pm

nope... no host.

They also got rid of the psychologist chick and now have some other lady in that position.

Harvey and the other fitness doctor are still on there though.

that chick is Life Coach Rhonda Britten... she's the third person to fill this position on the show.

The fitness doctor is Dr. Ian.  Harvey and Dr. Ian are the only ones who've been with the show since the beginning.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/10 at 5:52 pm

no not Ant just Ant

I wondered what happened to him...does anyone know?

I haven't watched the second episode yet.  I can't even get over K-Fed though.  Such a douche.  He really needs to man up and make amends to Shar Jackson.  I really feel for her.  I had never paid any attention to her before now, but man, she got hosed.

I love Tanisha.  I actually watched her season of the Bad Girls Club, so I am familiar with her.  I think she's so funny.

I still hate friggin Sebastian Bach though.  I'm sorry ladies.  I just can't stand him.  He's LAME!!!

On a side note, I grew up with the Stroh family.  KayCee Stroh's sisters.  She was younger than me, so I don't really know her, but I was really good friends with her older sister when I was little.  Her mom rules.  It's sad that she felt so apart from them - they are great people. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 5:56 pm

I wondered what happened to him...does anyone know?

I haven't watched the second episode yet.  I can't even get over K-Fed though.  Such a douche.  He really needs to man up and make amends to Shar Jackson.  I really feel for her.  I had never paid any attention to her before now, but man, she got hosed.

I love Tanisha.  I actually watched her season of the Bad Girls Club, so I am familiar with her.  I think she's so funny.

I still hate friggin Sebastian Bach though.  I'm sorry ladies.  I just can't stand him.  He's LAME!!!

On a side note, I grew up with the Stroh family.  KayCee Stroh's sisters.  She was younger than me, so I don't really know her, but I was really good friends with her older sister when I was little.  Her mom rules.  It's sad that she felt so apart from them - they are great people. 

I don't have an opinion of Bach one way or the other...

Knowing the Stroh family is both cool and sad that they fell out.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/10 at 5:59 pm

Paid vacation for Marcie, charitable donation for the marine, and publicity for the hooters girls... now lets see if Jimbo gets fired!

What?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/10 at 6:03 pm

I don't have an opinion of Bach one way or the other...

Knowing the Stroh family is both cool and sad that they fell out.

He's done a bunch of reality shows.  The one that bugged me the most was Supergroup.  He actually forced all of his bandmates - Ted Nugent, Scott Ian, Jason Bonham, and Evan Seinfeld watch him on the Gilmore Girls.  ;D

In all fairness, I like Skid Row.  I just don't like him.

As for the Stroh's, I don't think they are on bad terms.  At least not very seriously.  I am friends with the two older sisters on Facebook.  I think that KayCee just has normal family issues, you know?

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 6:07 pm

\
What?

sorry jumped threads... I'm gonna go move them  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 6:11 pm

He's done a bunch of reality shows.  The one that bugged me the most was Supergroup.  He actually forced all of his bandmates - Ted Nugent, Scott Ian, Jason Bonham, and Evan Seinfeld watch him on the Gilmore Girls.   ;D

In all fairness, I like Skid Row.  I just don't like him.

As for the Stroh's, I don't think they are on bad terms.  At least not very seriously.  I am friends with the two older sisters on Facebook.  I think that KayCee just has normal family issues, you know?

how could anyone be "forced" to watch GG... its such a great show they should just fall into it naturally  ;)

I knew nothing about KayCee... she wasn't even on my radar until CFC so I was just going off what you typed... have you talked to the sisters about seeing her on CFC yet?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/10 at 6:14 pm

how could anyone be "forced" to watch GG... its such a great show they should just fall into it naturally  ;)

I knew nothing about KayCee... she wasn't even on my radar until CFC so I was just going off what you typed... have you talked to the sisters about seeing her on CFC yet?

No.  I don't talk to them about her.  I don't want them to think I'm just talking to them because of her, you know?  If they were to bring it up I would, but I don't want to seem tacky. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 6:16 pm

No.  I don't talk to them about her.  I don't want them to think I'm just talking to them because of her, you know?  If they were to bring it up I would, but I don't want to seem tacky.  

If you've been talking to them all along I don't think it'd be tacky to say I just saw your sis on CFC.  

if you hadn't talked to them in years then that'd be different...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/10 at 6:17 pm

If you've been talking to them all along I don't think it'd be tacky to say I just saw your sis on CFC.  

if you hadn't talked to them in years then that'd be different...

True...

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/16/10 at 8:25 am

I watched CFCBC episode 2 last night.  Wow, Tanisha is just a complete load.  In the competition, when you saw her movements and effort, it appears as if she has never even been to gym class in her life.  I'm not talking about her weight, but her body movement and lack of effort.  Her other two team members did all the work while she laid down in the raft.  She did lose 4 pounds though, so gotta give her credit for that.

KayCee and Shar seem to be doing pretty well, I think that Char will prolly work out the best at the end of the day.  :)

Bobby Brown, this is an obvious comment but he's gotta be an alcoholic, the way he was slugging down that glass of wine in one hand and a beer bottle with the other.  Maybe we'll see him on Celebrity Rehab 4 for his next reality show.

Sebastian Bach... same thing, if you're chugging an entire bottle of wine after dinner each night, and you can't stop that even when on a weight loss show, you're prolly an alcoholic.  That said, for his height he carries his weight fairly well but he definitely could stand to lose the flab and the booze.  If he started working out with weights I suspect he could keep the same weight but be much healthier and muscular.

Written By: snozberries on 03/03/10 at 12:57 pm

I am so disgusted by this weeks antics... I see now why Ash hates Bach... hitting the camera man was bad enough, bagging on Tanesha's weave whatever  ::) ,  but when he blew snot into the camera....what is he like 12?  PLEASE.

And I don't know what Tanesha was talking about when she first went off on his antics....wasn't similar antics that made her "famous" to begin with I mean did she do anything before she was on the bad girls club?

I felt sorry for Kaycee  and, god help me, K-Fed.  Tho he should have manned up and tried to stop the fight...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/10 at 2:19 pm

I haven't seen the latest episode, but going back to the one before, friggin Sebastian.  I can't stand him.  And Tanesha was the one who went and apologized to HIM?  I mean, it's awesome that she did that, but he just sucks.  SUCKS.  

And I really really hate to admit this.  I can't believe I'm admitting it.  But I'm going to admit it.  K-Fed is hot.  He is.  There is just something about him.  I can see why Shar is having a hard time getting over him.  But then she is really beautiful in her own right.  They should get back together.   ;D  I know I called him a douche before.  And he is a douche.  But man...I like looking at him.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/09/10 at 4:42 pm

I saw this week's episode and there's prolly a good chance that Nicole's next show will be Celebrity Rehab 4 with Dr Drew.

She's always downing a glass of wine. When she's called out for it, she then gets all upset. My money says she's an alkie.  :-\\

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/10 at 5:47 pm

I saw this week's episode and there's prolly a good chance that Nicole's next show will be Celebrity Rehab 4 with Dr Drew.

She's always downing a glass of wine. When she's called out for it, she then gets all upset. My money says she's an alkie.  :-\\

She bugs.  I always loved her when I was younger and she was on Charles in Charge.  I totally had a girl crush on her, but she's kind of lame in real life.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/09/10 at 7:30 pm

You know something?  I'm sick of this crap.

We used to pay actors and singers to act and sing.  Now they don't have to act or sing, they just have to lead useless dysfunctional lives and we pay 'em!  Fuddat!  I can have my own useless dysfunctional life for FREE!
:D

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/10 at 10:38 am

I haven't seen the latest episode, but going back to the one before, friggin Sebastian.  I can't stand him.  And Tanesha was the one who went and apologized to HIM?  I mean, it's awesome that she did that, but he just sucks.  SUCKS.  

And I really really hate to admit this.  I can't believe I'm admitting it.  But I'm going to admit it.  K-Fed is hot.  He is.  There is just something about him.  I can see why Shar is having a hard time getting over him.  But then she is really beautiful in her own right.  They should get back together.   ;D  I know I called him a douche before.  And he is a douche.  But man...I like looking at him.

's okay ash.... I was going to offer you something for your ailment but then I thought about it... this K-Fed is much different than the one we were over exposed to with Brittany and I see your point!

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/10 at 10:39 am

ditto....

plus I think its totally irresponsible to put someone who is 130/120 lbs on a weight loss show...just friggin do sit ups or cruches and tone that shyt up!  ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/10/10 at 11:11 am

You know something?  I'm sick of this crap.

We used to pay actors and singers to act and sing.  Now they don't have to act or sing, they just have lead useless dysfunctional lives and we pay 'em!  Fuddat!  I can have my own useless dysfunctional life for FREE!
:D

But wouldn't it be awesome if you could get paid for it?  ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/10/10 at 11:12 am

ditto....

plus I think its totally irresponsible to put someone who is 130/120 lbs on a weight loss show...just friggin do sit ups or cruches and tone that shyt up!  ::)

I agree wholeheartedly!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/10 at 5:23 pm

But wouldn't it be awesome if you could get paid for it?   ;)

Um...yes!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing7.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/10/10 at 5:57 pm

Um...yes!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing7.gif

Hmm...

Max, you and I could pitch out own reality show.  We'll be co-hosts of America's Next Porn Star

;D ;D ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/11/10 at 5:22 pm

Hmm...

Max, you and I could pitch out own reality show.  We'll be co-hosts of America's Next Porn Star

;D ;D ;D

I'm sure VH1 would go for it. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/10 at 4:03 pm

wasted another hour watching this week...  ::)

Shar K-Fed Jay and Kaycee are the only ones playing the game...everyone else is wasting my time.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/19/10 at 7:48 pm

I'm sure VH1 would go for it.  

Or at least CC Billing.
:P

Hmm...

;D ;D ;D

Aw, you don't have to pitch it.  You could just rent an office near a Picksburgh shopping mall.  Sometimes you can do the partying while I hold the camera and make dumb comments, and then I can do the partying while you hold the camera and make dumb comments...
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/headbang.gif

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/10 at 12:59 am

last ep was on today...

It was so nice to see KFed apologize to Shar. I cannot believe I like him- who knew he wasn't quite the tool the media portrayed him to be.....not that I really give the media all that much credence usually.

And yay for Jay winning the package... I guess if Fed had won he woulda had two of some of the items? 

I wish Shar had won something besides an apology... I would've liked Jay Shar Fed and Kaycee on a team - I know that would've been weird for Fed and Shar but they were the only ones who really deserved to win anything...

Bach is still an ass.... Bobby and Nicole need to stop blaming the panel for their own shortcomings....

and I laughed my ass off when the confetti came down and Tanesha thought it was gun fire!  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/06/10 at 7:58 am

Props to Jay for winning, and to K-Douche for coming in a close second.  8)

I do think that the show misses an opportunity to explain what is HEALTHY weight loss.  When you look at the results at the end of each show, many times you'll see that a contestant lost more lean body mass than they did fat.  If you lose 10 pounds, but your PERCENTAGE BODY FAT stays the same at 30%, this means that you lost 3 pounds of fat and 7 pounds of water and muscle.  Ultimately in a program that has a good mix of diet and fitness, you'd expect to see an INCREASE in lean body mass, and a much larger DECREASE in fat.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/06/10 at 11:33 pm

last ep was on today...

It was so nice to see KFed apologize to Shar. I cannot believe I like him- who knew he wasn't quite the tool the media portrayed him to be.....not that I really give the media all that much credence usually.

And yay for Jay winning the package... I guess if Fed had won he woulda had two of some of the items? 

I wish Shar had won something besides an apology... I would've liked Jay Shar Fed and Kaycee on a team - I know that would've been weird for Fed and Shar but they were the only ones who really deserved to win anything...

Bach is still an ass.... Bobby and Nicole need to stop blaming the panel for their own shortcomings....

and I laughed my ass off when the confetti came down and Tanesha thought it was gun fire!  ;D

I agree with everything.  I probably would have typed essentially the same paragraph, except to add that I thought it was complete bullschitt that Nicole wouldn't help KayCee get onto the tower.  She already got her tags and was just sitting there, and flat out refused to lend a hand?  What a class act.

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/10 at 3:33 pm

I agree with everything.  I probably would have typed essentially the same paragraph, except to add that I thought it was complete bullschitt that Nicole wouldn't help KayCee get onto the tower.  She already got her tags and was just sitting there, and flat out refused to lend a hand?  What a class act.

at least Kaycee's team still beat them in the end....good thing Tanesha couldn't do the challenge lol!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/07/10 at 10:29 pm

at least Kaycee's team still beat them in the end....good thing Tanesha couldn't do the challenge lol!

She probably would have improved on her original score.  I bet they still could have won. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/10 at 10:43 pm

She probably would have improved on her original score.  I bet they still could have won. 

yeah maybe... I think there was a ten minute difference or so... so maybe not.

Check for new replies or respond here...