inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dennis Hopper Bad Way to Divorce, Bad Way to Die

Written By: danootaandme on 02/11/10 at 5:12 pm

Dennis Hopper is suffering from a bad case of prostate cancer, it sounds as if he doesn't have much time.  He is also in the throws of a nasty divorce.  Is this a surprise?  He at 59 he married his fifth wife, a woman 28 years old, six years younger than his daughter.  Really, he should have stopped after number two, at the outside three. He has a six year old with her, and there is animosity between the older children and the current wife(shocked, just shocked!).

Subject: Re: Dennis Hopper Bad Way to Divorce, Bad Way to Die

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/10 at 5:39 pm

Yes, I read this in the paper. I don't think I can think of a more defeated way to die, succumbing to dealing with bitter emotional/financial matters on his deathbed. I'm not sure why he married this woman if his intention was to divorce her when he knew he was about to die.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/11/10 at 5:48 pm

Dennis Hopper is suffering from a bad case of prostate cancer, it sounds as if he doesn't have much time.  He is also in the throws of a nasty divorce.  Is this a surprise?  He at 59 he married his fifth wife, a woman 28 years old, six years younger than his daughter.  Really, he should have stopped after number two, at the outside three. He has a six year old with her, and there is animosity between the older children and the current wife(shocked, just shocked!).

Prostate cancer is one of the most curable. When Carlos was diagnosed, he was told, "If you are going to get cancer, this is the one to get." He must not have been taking care of himself.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/11/10 at 5:52 pm

Yes, I read this in the paper. I don't think I can think of a more defeated way to die, succumbing to dealing with bitter emotional/financial matters on his deathbed. I'm not sure why he married this woman if his intention was to divorce her when he knew he was about to die.

It makes me wonder what the wife is like, fighting him like that when he is fighting for his life.

Written By: Bobby on 02/11/10 at 5:59 pm

It makes me wonder what the wife is like, fighting him like that when he is fighting for his life.

I think two things are happening simultaneously here. He is bitter and she is clearly after his estate.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/12/10 at 1:40 am

No, man, like hey, man. Wow. I was watching this object man, li-like the satellite that we saw the other night, right? And, like, it was going right across the sky, man, and then... I mean it just suddenly, uh, it just changed direction and went whizzin right off, man. It flashed...

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/12/10 at 6:45 am

I wonder if Michelle Phillips is in his will? They were happily married for 8 days way back when.  :P

That was even shorter than Ethel Merman's one-month marriage to Ernest Borgnine, which ultimately was doomed because Ernest was a practitioner of the dreaded "Dutch Oven" maneuver.  8-P  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 02/12/10 at 7:14 am

Prostate cancer is one of the most curable. When Carlos was diagnosed, he was told, "If you are going to get cancer, this is the one to get." He must not have been taking care of himself.

Cat

He wasn't taking care, and from what they say it seems it is quite advanced.

Check for new replies or respond here...