inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: PaleyFest 2010!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 02/11/10 at 11:29 pm

as some of you may know- I attend an event in LA every year called Paley Fest.

The event is named after William S. Paley the former head of CBS who believed television was a valuable medium. He was a major contributor to the Museum of Television and Radio (the MTR is located in Beverly Hills and in NYC and houses thousands of hours of Television programming)  The MTR was renamed the Paley Center for Media about two or three years ago. 

Both New York and Beverly Hills venues host special events and programs throughout the year that center on critically acclaimed televisions shows from past and present and the process behind getting the shows on the air.

Some of the events I have attended at Paley in the past include
American Dreams
Any Day Now
Saving Grace
Gilmore Girls
The Closer
Cagney & Lacey Reunion
Designing Women Reuion
Buffy Reunion
Fringe
Battlestar/Caprica
Freaks & Geeks
House
Bones
Pushing Daises

& many more.

PaleyFest itself is a two week long event. Each night there is a different show being honored. This year they start the festival on 2/26

Here is the Line up!

2/26 Modern Family
2/27 Lost!!!!!! 
3/1 NCIS
3/3 Community
3/4 DEXTER!!!!!
3/5 Cougar Town
3/6 Vampire Diaries
3/9 Seth MacFarlane and Friends
3/10 Breaking Bad
3/11 Flash Forward
3/12 Men of a Certain Age
3/13 GLEE!!!
3/14 Curb Your Enthusiasm

I'm really excited!!!

Subject: Re: PaleyFest 2010!!!!

Written By: Tam on 02/12/10 at 12:52 am

Here is the Line up!

2/26 Modern Family
2/27 Lost!!!!!! 
3/1 NCIS
3/3 Community
3/4 DEXTER!!!!!
3/5 Cougar Town
3/6 Vampire Diaries
3/9 Seth MacFarlane and Friends
3/10 Breaking Bad
3/11 Flash Forward
3/12 Men of a Certain Age
3/13 GLEE!!!
3/14 Curb Your Enthusiasm

I'm really excited!!!

How many times am I allowed to call you the B word before you B!tch slap me? ;D

I am definitely jealous over here Girl!!!
Wish I could come and hang out with you for the 2 weeks! 8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/12/10 at 1:19 pm

Me too!  I am beyond jealous and I want to kick your can!

Ok, I'm actually really excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it!   :D

But you need to see Modern Family!!  That show makes me cry with laughter.  

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/12/10 at 9:37 pm

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have not seen most of the shows on this years list, but I know how much you love these events so I'm excited for you.  Please take lots of pictures.

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/10 at 9:48 pm

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have not seen most of the shows on this years list, but I know how much you love these events so I'm excited for you.  Please take lots of pictures.

you know I will!!!

I will admit that there are a couple I haven't seen. Some of them I want to watch but just haven't yet.
some I don't care about at all... like Curb Your Enthusiasm but I'll still go cuz I have the ticket.

here's the breakdown... my favorite shows on the list in order

DEXTER!
Glee
Lost
Community
Flash Forward
Cougar town
Seth MacFarlane (Family guy)

Shows I totally plan on watching eventually -  (I'm excited about a lot of the cast tho)
Breaking Bad
Modern Family
Men of a Certain Age

Shows I don't care about but still attending
Curb
NCIS
Vamp Diaries (sorry Tam maybe after watching the ep they show I will find interest in it but from the promos I'd heard over the summer I wasn't sold on it...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/10 at 5:59 pm

I forgot to gush about Glee.  Where has it been by the way?  Anyway, that will be a really fun one to go to.  I wonder if they'll sing for you?!?

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 6:15 pm

I forgot to gush about Glee.  Where has it been by the way?  Anyway, that will be a really fun one to go to.  I wonder if they'll sing for you?!?

They did half a season.. the rest of season one will come after the olympics or during the summer... I hate the way they handle Tv seasons these days .

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/16/10 at 2:36 pm

They did half a season.. the rest of season one will come after the olympics or during the summer... I hate the way they handle Tv seasons these days .

::)  You should yell at them for that!

Written By: snozberries on 02/16/10 at 4:31 pm

::)  You should yell at them for that!

well its not their fault... its fox's fault... I need to yell at someone from Fox. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/10 at 1:47 am

BTW.... new Glee starting in April.

So tonights event was Modern Family.  A show I have not watched but as Ash and several co-workers let me know- my not watching it is an act of gross negligence on my part....kinda like Ash not watching Chuck  :P 

Well they are all correct. Don't know why I couldn't sit thru the pilot- but the ep they showed tonight was great...hilarious. Its a new ep so I don't want to put any spoliers out there.

I love PaleyFest.  I love the Paley Center and I love the people who work at the Center and who put on the event every year... they all know me. They should-I've been a member for 13 years.  This is my 12th paleyfest. It used to be held at one location but then it grew so it moved to a larger theater... this year its WAY early so they moved to yet a new theater.... 

I love everything about Paley and the people who run it except this new location sux,... my very expensive, front row seat is not the best seat in the house.... the stage is high... I'm 5*2 and I can, basically rest my boobs on the stage when I'm standing next to it... I was able to get autographs of most of the stars (ed Oniell and Sofia whats her name ducked out without signing but the other four cast members signed...  (the kids weren't there)  and I got a couple of pics....don't know how they look cuz the angles were awkward.  Thank GOD Dexter and Seth MacFarlane have after parties so I can get good pics there. 

I have to wake up way early in the AM cuz Lost is tomorrow... don't know if I'll get pics but I'm gonna try... I don't think Sawyer, Jack or Kate will be there.... which is very sad... but we'll see. 

anyway gotta hit the hay I'll post what pics I do have on Facebook on Sunday.

nite all.  oh if anyone has any good questions they think I should ask the panel post them here... I can ask questions I just can never think of any good ones to ask.

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/10 at 3:34 am

LOST...

I had a really great day today. They fixed one of the glitches about the new venue... they bought now speakers for the stage so our view is no longer blocked... kinda sucked the first night having front row seats and having a speaker right in front of your face..

The panel was great... the producers are some funny people... and I got a new term out of it... Shyt Fairy... the shyt fairy is what happens when they work really late hours and come up with these great, truly fantastic story ideas....then, late at night while they are home sleeping... the shyt fairies come and steal all the good ideas and leaving bad ideas in their place.

Two downsides to the Lost event...

1) the writers and producers work in LA the cast films in Hawaii... so we had all the writers and producers there- but only three cast members because they were finishing episode 14 and starting ep 15.    We got Locke, Ben, Richard... oh and that new chic Alana - so four cast members.  Jin and the guy my frined calls Mr Miyagi  ;D  were supposed to arrive but there was a Tsunami warining for our coast and they couldn't fly out.

2) there were so many fans, and the height of the stage at the new venue, made it impossible to get pics with the cast who were there... I did get Terry O'Quinn, Michael Emerson, and that new chic to sign my cast photo (and Terry signed this really great pic I have of locke sitting on the beach right after the crash.    but Nestor Campbell didn't sign my cast photo... he would have he just sort of missed me in the swell of people clammering for signatures....

still I laughed so hard it was a great, great panel.  8)

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/28/10 at 8:59 am

Wow!  Shyt Fairy means something totally different in my house  ;D

Anyway, it sounds like a fun event.  Sorry you didn't get any pictures.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/28/10 at 10:40 am

LOST...

I had a really great day today. They fixed one of the glitches about the new venue... they bought now speakers for the stage so our view is no longer blocked... kinda sucked the first night having front row seats and having a speaker right in front of your face..

The panel was great... the producers are some funny people... and I got a new term out of it... Shyt Fairy... the shyt fairy is what happens when they work really late hours and come up with these great, truly fantastic story ideas....then, late at night while they are home sleeping... the shyt fairies come and steal all the good ideas and leaving bad ideas in their place.

Two downsides to the Lost event...

1) the writers and producers work in LA the cast films in Hawaii... so we had all the writers and producers there- but only three cast members because they were finishing episode 14 and starting ep 15.     We got Locke, Ben, Richard... oh and that new chic Alana - so four cast members.   Jin and the guy my frined calls Mr Miyagi  ;D  were supposed to arrive but there was a Tsunami warining for our coast and they couldn't fly out.

2) there were so many fans, and the height of the stage at the new venue, made it impossible to get pics with the cast who were there... I did get Terry O'Quinn, Michael Emerson, and that new chic to sign my cast photo (and Terry signed this really great pic I have of locke sitting on the beach right after the crash.    but Nestor Campbell didn't sign my cast photo... he would have he just sort of missed me in the swell of people clammering for signatures....

still I laughed so hard it was a great, great panel.  8)

:o

Cooooool!  That's so awesome, that you got my two favorites actors, to give you a autograph!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/28/10 at 4:30 pm

BTW.... new Glee starting in April.

So tonights event was Modern Family.  A show I have not watched but as Ash and several co-workers let me know- my not watching it is an act of gross negligence on my part....kinda like Ash not watching Chuck  :P 

Well they are all correct. Don't know why I couldn't sit thru the pilot- but the ep they showed tonight was great...hilarious. Its a new ep so I don't want to put any spoliers out there.

I love PaleyFest.  I love the Paley Center and I love the people who work at the Center and who put on the event every year... they all know me. They should-I've been a member for 13 years.   This is my 12th paleyfest. It used to be held at one location but then it grew so it moved to a larger theater... this year its WAY early so they moved to yet a new theater.... 

I love everything about Paley and the people who run it except this new location sux,... my very expensive, front row seat is not the best seat in the house.... the stage is high... I'm 5*2 and I can, basically rest my boobs on the stage when I'm standing next to it... I was able to get autographs of most of the stars (ed Oniell and Sofia whats her name ducked out without signing but the other four cast members signed...  (the kids weren't there)  and I got a couple of pics....don't know how they look cuz the angles were awkward.  Thank GOD Dexter and Seth MacFarlane have after parties so I can get good pics there.   

I have to wake up way early in the AM cuz Lost is tomorrow... don't know if I'll get pics but I'm gonna try... I don't think Sawyer, Jack or Kate will be there.... which is very sad... but we'll see. 

anyway gotta hit the hay I'll post what pics I do have on Facebook on Sunday.

nite all.   oh if anyone has any good questions they think I should ask the panel post them here... I can ask questions I just can never think of any good ones to ask.

I can't wait to see your pics.  Especially of the guy who plays Cam.  He is my FAVORITE!!  I'm so happy you liked it!!!

Going straght to Facebook now!!

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/10 at 6:09 pm

I can't wait to see your pics.  Especially of the guy who plays Cam.  He is my FAVORITE!!  I'm so happy you liked it!!!

Going straght to Facebook now!!

sorry Ash... I just woke up about 2 hours ago... texted a certain friend who has a birthday  and spent the last hour spamming FlashForward and Vamp Diaries fan boards to help my friend unload her extra ticket. 

I'm starving... I'll post some after I eat!

Written By: snozberries on 03/02/10 at 2:41 am

Pics posted on facebook monday morning...

Today was NCIS.....gotta tell ya I'm not really a fan of the show. I just went because I paid good money for the full festival pass and didn't want  it to go to waste.

I have been to lots of big paley events (fan driven events like Lost (season 1) Buffy reunion, true blood  etc...  I didn't really expect a big fan base for NCIS  boy was I wrong... first of all the crowd was, well, geriatric more people with canes than I've ever seen at Paley  ;D . my friend went to the bathroom and his seat was empty. We were in the front row of course.... this woman walked by 5 minutes before the event started and said to her hubby who hobbled behind on his cane... "There's a seat"  I said its taken... she said to her hubby "its taken" then he said to her "there's a seat" (pointing to my friend's seat that we'd been talking about ... She screamed at him, as if he'd just slapped her child "IT'S TAKEN!"  I couldn't stop laughing.  ;D

Anyway the fans of this show are NUTS!  :o  at one point someone asked the actors what their favorite ep is and Cody (she plays Tava, Tiva, Diva, I'don't know somethting va) she said I don't remember the eps names but it was the one where something happened and 300 people yelled out an ep title  that happened about 5 times... The show has been on for 7 years, 154 eps... and the old people knew every title...

I thought only Buffy fans did that!  ;D

I tell ya I felt guilty sitting front row center cuz there were far bigger fans in the seats behind me... and I actually sort of hated and mocked the episode they showed... its the one that airs tomorrow. I was laughing so hard at it....for all the wrong reasons... oh well everyone has their own taste I guess. 

So  the actors were

Sean Murray who plays the Probee (I don't know the character names and I'm not looking them up)
Cody -  that Deva, Teeva, agent chick.... the cool Tech Chick played by Polly- she was in Paris so not at the event.
Michael Weatherly (funny guy and great chemistry with Cody- they were flirting on stage even tho he's married I wouldn't be surprised if they've had a moment.. )

Mark Harmon... still hot.
The British dude who was in Man From Uncle
the guy who helps the british dude in the morgue
and Rocky Carroll.

great panel- so the Q&A portion was fun... I'm glad I went even if I don't like the show.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/02/10 at 7:20 am

Mark Harmon... still hot.

Mark Harmon will always be hot.

Written By: snozberries on 03/02/10 at 1:53 pm

Mark Harmon will always be hot.

you are so so right. O0

Written By: snozberries on 03/04/10 at 1:40 am

OH MY FRIKKIN GOD!!!!! I got my Joel McHale pic!!!!!

At my friends house- she is having massive Internet failure.
Can't find her wifi can't get the keyboard on her desktop to work so I can't get online (using my cell now)
so if I can get online tomorrow I will post the pix tomorrow night

thurs ep of community is hilarious. Can't wait to watch it again

chevy chase is practically deaf so KL was screaming everything at him it was funny. There were pratfalls
and just 90 minutes of gutbusting laughter.
My friend got video so if I can lift it I will. If they put it on iTunes tho I highly recommend it

Anyway I'm tired time for bed.

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/04/10 at 6:26 pm

I love Joel McHale!  Are you surprised I know who he is?  ;D  Can't wait for your pix!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/04/10 at 6:28 pm

OH MY FRIKKIN GOD!!!!! I got my Joel McHale pic!!!!!

At my friends house- she is having massive Internet failure.
Can't find her wifi can't get the keyboard on her desktop to work so I can't get online (using my cell now)
so if I can get online tomorrow I will post the pix tomorrow night

thurs ep of community is hilarious. Can't wait to watch it again

chevy chase is practically deaf so KL was screaming everything at him it was funny. There were pratfalls
and just 90 minutes of gutbusting laughter.
My friend got video so if I can lift it I will. If they put it on iTunes tho I highly recommend it

Anyway I'm tired time for bed.

Massive Internet Failure?  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/04/10 at 6:33 pm

^ she needs to put an aspirin under her tongue and call an ambulance!

Written By: snozberries on 03/08/10 at 7:16 pm

I love Joel McHale!  Are you surprised I know who he is?  ;D  Can't wait for your pix!

YAY! YOU ACTUALLY KNOW SOMEONE I WROTE ABOUT!!!!! AMAZING!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 03/08/10 at 7:18 pm

Massive Internet Failure?   ;D ;D ;D

welll yeah...her wifi was down and her stupid desktop keyboard wouldn't type...that meant I couldn't get online...  It was a Massive Failure in my book!  :P

Written By: snozberries on 03/08/10 at 7:24 pm

Woo I'm exhausted...spent the better part of yesterday and today watching down my DVR.... well I did take a break to go watch Paula Poundstone perform!

I have been getting my autograph photos together for the events coming up this week...

lets see... Friday was Cougartown... no pics with...but I got Courtney Cox's autograph. Busy Phillips wasn't there so I didn't get to continue my streak of stalking her....

*for shannon Busy Phillips was in Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, Terminator Sarah Conner Chronicles, and plays Court's BFF on Cougar Town.

Saturday was Vampire Diaries....learned that day (cuz I didn't do my research and I don't watch the show) that the girl on the show was also Mia on Degrassi next gen.

the panel was great but afterwards sucked...not only did they not sign autographs or talk to the audience- they totally dissed us and just got up and left the stage  >:(  I may never watch their show now. 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/10 at 2:42 pm

Woo I'm exhausted...spent the better part of yesterday and today watching down my DVR.... well I did take a break to go watch Paula Poundstone perform!

I have been getting my autograph photos together for the events coming up this week...

lets see... Friday was Cougartown... no pics with...but I got Courtney Cox's autograph. Busy Phillips wasn't there so I didn't get to continue my streak of stalking her....

*for shannon Busy Phillips was in Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, Terminator Sarah Conner Chronicles, and plays Court's BFF on Cougar Town.

Saturday was Vampire Diaries....learned that day (cuz I didn't do my research and I don't watch the show) that the girl on the show was also Mia on Degrassi next gen.

the panel was great but afterwards sucked...not only did they not sign autographs or talk to the audience- they totally dissed us and just got up and left the stage  >:(  I may never watch their show now. 

That's especially crappy seeing as it's a new show.  You'd think they would want to garner fans...not piss them off!

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/10 at 10:53 am

That's especially crappy seeing as it's a new show.  You'd think they would want to garner fans...not piss them off!

esactly!

Seth MacFarlane and Friends.... his friends were
a producer, a producer, another producer, yet another producer, producer Daniel Paladino (GILMORE GIRLS), Alex Boorstein (Meg), Seth Green (Chris) 

Of course I was happy cuz Green was on Buffy.  The night was pretty fun.  They consumed alcohol and cursed....alot.

at one point Alex points to this kid (and I mean grade school aged kid) and says this story is for you.... then she tells how the censors wouldn't let them say 'dirty sanchez' so they changed it muddy ramierez  ;D   

Seth MacFarlane went in and out of characters a lot... he also did Capt. Kirk ,  Adam West and Kermit the Frog (if Kermit had starred in the movie Taken)  :D

After party wasn't much fun tho... too many damn people and only Green was willing to take pics. 

Amy Sherman Palladino was there last night and I had a Gilmore Girls Box Set I wanted her to sign but she left before I could get to her.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...